Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Xp Reset

Bringslite
Elmin Sterro
At a glance for longsword: It looks like your priorities are to apply bleeding and distressed, so..

False Edge to get oblivious, into Slash for some Bleeding, then back to False Edge for Distressed, and lock it up with Thousand Cuts.

Somewhat simpler: Understrike until Distressed, follow with Thousand Cuts for tons of Bleed, switch to False Edge to maintain Distressed and apply oblivious, reapply bleed with Thousand Cuts as needed (if necessary).

If they have opportunity (when don't they), replace some of the above with Whirlwind or Vital Strike for easy bleed.

If you get dodging from somewhere, Iron Gate Ward might be good. Also, Hamstring sets up Understrike, and looks good for a chase.

Edit: Want to add that some of this is probably enhanced by Fighter and/or Rogue features I am not familiar with. You might want to look into more things that apply or capitalize on bleed and oblivious.

Those are not bad sets either and I thank you for taking the time, as well. It is pretty clear that I was looking for 2 attack combos and it just isn't that way anymore. smile I can live with that and resolve not to be so lazy. Though more actions to achieve things do not always pan out well, we do have more stamina to play with than before.
Thanks Guys
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Dazyk of Phaeros
Yes, I think that is one point many aren't seeing: secondaries are no longer a waste of stamina if they aren't taking advantage of their conditionals.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Stilachio Thrax
BL, it helps to think of it this way- Before the archers would get Distressed on the target and the melee guys would take advantage of it because Distressed didn't last long enough for the archers to take advantage of it, usually due to stamina issues.

With the changes, the archer can inflict Distressed, but also take advantage of it. I'm looking forward to playing around with Divine Favor => Cleansing Cut => Channel Smite, since I have the stamina to cause Disrupted and then Smite the target. That wasn't possible before the changes due to lack of stamina. Less overall coordination between team members is needed than before, but coordinated parties will see a bigger overall boost to effectiveness with more conditionals in play.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Bringslite
Rynnik
Bringslite
I can see those combinations. They are not what I had thought of as a primary followed by secondary. They are not in that order. That is fine. They are dependent on the particular buff the target has employed at the moment. Unless I am still missing some thing?

I do appreciate you taking the time. Don't get me wrong. smile
Not sure why you are worried about primary followed by secondary.

The combo I posted doesn't rely on the target in any way, shape, or form. It works on a player, a mob, or a rock.

I do actually enjoy promoting player understanding of the game. Gotta get some more classes taught at PFO at some point.

The only reason I mentioned Primary followed by secondary is that is the way that they are described to be used. I am more flexible than being totally stuck on that.

I had to look closer at those attacks that you described to see what you meant. You are correct. They require nothing from the opponent. A good combo. I use all kinds of things to be efficient at gathering, crafting, and porting stuff around. Clearly I haven't looked much at the combat stuff and really have a low grade understanding of the potentials. That is fixable.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Nihimon
Bringslite
I can't see much at all for Gsword, Lsword, any bow. Like you I haven't looked at all, but the wizards are not complaining. I am happy for them. smile

PS: I would be very happy to be enlightened.

Greatsword:
Swing -> Wrath Guard -> Wrathful Strike -> Hoist

Long Sword:
False Edge -> Slash -> False Edge (until Distressed) -> Thousand Cuts
Hamstring -> Understrike (until Distressed) -> Thousand Cuts
(numerous ways to capitalize on Opportunity)

Longbow:
Overdraw -> Parting Shot
Followthrough Forseight (or Impact Critical Shot) -> Impaling Shot -> Pinpoint Targeting -> Patient Anchor

[Edit] Also, see Stephen's Combo graphs.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Bringslite
The missing part (in me) was expecting to see similar 2 action pre patch combos for those weapons, even if they were weaker. These are more finesse with lots more actions. Is the finesse as good as mashing overdraw 5 times for lotto damage?

Edit: Just an example, to serve the gist of the question.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Rynnik
Bringslite
These are more finesse with lots more actions.
Definitely my favourite part of 10.1 so far.

I miss FF, clerics are unbearable now, and I think the pendulum swung too far on the issue of importance of stamina and stamina management as you can just ignore the blue bar ( :sad face: ), but Stephen was right in my opinion about the combos being pretty fun. It seems like a nice balance of the combo stuff bringing a bit of depth and chances to have neat impact without being overwhelming or mandatory.

Overdraw was never not going to get nerfed, imo. It was always too strong (MoO suffer strong) and while I spammed it as much as anyone else I don't bemoan it being brought to a more reasonable level (I think the cooldown should be reduced now more in line with other primaries but overall it is fine).

Bringslite
Is the finesse as good as mashing overdraw 5 times for lotto damage?
Not sure the exact question here.

Stephen is good at math. The stamina changes means that given time DPS is higher now. That isn't contestable.

Whether or not that is BETTER for players is another thing entirely. A lot of us leveraged a lot of edge cases of damage burst instead of DPS and are feeling the lack of it now.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Stop derailing my thread. Discuss combos elsewhere.

I really don't understand the "if resets happen I quit crowd." What is that about? The game wouldn't be any different than a week ago when all my xp was actually useful.
Rynnik
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Stop derailing my thread.
Dude, you can't tell me page 6 wasn't epic.

Elsworth Sugarfoot
The game wouldn't be any different than a week ago when all my xp was actually useful.
Still useful just not like a week ago.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Nihimon
Elsworth Sugarfoot
I really don't understand the "if resets happen I quit crowd." What is that about? The game wouldn't be any different than a week ago when all my xp was actually useful.

It's pretty simple.

The devs said "we're going to do this". Some people worked hard and sacrificed short-term gain in order to stay on track for the long-term payoff. Other people had fun with the short-term gain. The former people don't want to see their sacrifice and hard work go for naught so that all the people who didn't delay their gratification can have their short-term gain and the long-term payoff.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post