Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Xp Reset

Doc
So it's about punishing other people who you perceive to have made decisions for short-term gain.

Puritanical.

But in reality, it's entirely possible that people made characters they thought they'd want to stick with long term, but after 6 months of features still being broke, and new nerfs reducing the effectiveness of what did work, they want to reset.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
This isn't about the day worth of xp I spent on heavy armor. That's nothing, it's about the months of xp I spent on things that don't work the way that they did when I spent xp on them. There's nothing else short term about my build. I bought arctics winds to rank 5 fully expecting to use it for the rest of the game. It doesn't do knockback anymore.

I addressed in my op that offering resets for Christmas or around then would be fair since by that point we'd both be in tier 3. You'd have gotten your payoff for the few months you might be ahead of me (I'm not even sure you are that far ahead).
Doc
Or in otherwords:

"I chose a path that wasn't fun, by choice, so I will be damn sure that when somebody else gets on a path not by their choice that becomes not fun, they should not be allowed a way to deviate from that path."
Decius
Elsworth Sugarfoot
This isn't about the day worth of xp I spent on heavy armor. That's nothing, it's about the months of xp I spent on things that don't work the way that they did when I spent xp on them. There's nothing else short term about my build. I bought arctics winds to rank 5 fully expecting to use it for the rest of the game. It doesn't do knockback anymore.
Arctic Winds
Effects: Cold Damage
Short Blast
Oblivious 20 to All
Provokes Opportunity
Stationary
Knockback (10 Meters) to All Targets
with Slowed

Targets Reflex
Stilachio Thrax
Doc
Or in otherwords:

"I chose a path that wasn't fun, by choice, so I will be damn sure that when somebody else gets on a path not by their choice that becomes not fun, they should not be allowed a way to deviate from that path."

I think its more like " We all spent XP knowing that at any point things could change. With this change, some got hit harder than others. For the foreseeable future, things could change still and hit other players harder, so there is no point giving an XP reset."
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Doc
There certainly is a point. It can increase customer satisfaction.
Rynnik
Doc
It can increase customer satisfaction.
And decrease it. smile

The quandry.

Probably best to let easy be the overriding factor and do nothing.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Doc
As long as it is recognized that the primary argument against a respect option is schadenfreude.
Rynnik
Doc
As long as it is recognized that the primary argument against a respect option is schadenfreude.
Nope.

The primary reason for it is "I want this".

The primary reason against it is "I don't want this".

This can't boil down to anything other then opinions at the end of the day. There are no rational logical arguments for or against - it is just preference.

Thus the safest course is the easy 'do nothing' in this case.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Doc
Between us? Sure.

But then I'm primarily addressing Goblin Works because it is up to them, not you.

Countering all the arguments of the people in this thread is just a distraction, but in reality all the points I make I'm hopeful are being read by Goblin Works staff.

Just like how my many complaints about pricing I hope had an impact on the removal of the box fee.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post