Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Delete

Zycor
Delete
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Goblin Works and most of the vocal, veterans that support the full cost and slow development of the game do not want that average EvE or DarkFall player. Some have actually said, they would rather the doors shut down than the game turn into a murder sim like those games.

The problem is, they will probably get what they are comfortable with. I don't even know what definition Open Enrollment will actually have attached to it. It seems to be an ever moving state of the game, that will likely never be reached (by design).

Even if, if! OE actually is something, the game will again be compared to others that were developed during the same time period, and the age of PFOs engine will be left in a 2009 state. The only way for PFO to attract players at the time of OE is to launch with a F2P model.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Hobson Fiffledown
The $15 sub price is mentioned a lot as a no-go for people. It might be worth looking at, and I'd love to see more players in game. However, being two years(?) from OE, that's sacrificing quite a hunk of operating cash (almost 250 large at 1000 subs). Is gaining an unknown number of extra players for EE worth more than that? What about retention rates when it gets jacked back up to $15? Making it back up with vanity items (which I am a big fan of) would be extremely tough at this point as well. I imagine, initially, most income from that would go into the dev time needed to create vanity items people would want to purchase. There might be some wiggle room to attract more people, but I don't think it would be two-thirds off. The need or ability to do that still rests with GW. As much as I or others want a huge population, it might not be in the development plan right now.

Goblin Balls. I think those may be the PFO equivalent-ish of PLEX. Although, that's down the road and still just forum-speak right now.
This space for rent.
Rynnik
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Goblin Works and most of the vocal, veterans that support the full cost and slow development of the game do not want that average EvE or DarkFall player. Some have actually said, they would rather the doors shut down than the game turn into a murder sim like those games.

The problem is, they will probably get what they are comfortable with. I don't even know what definition Open Enrollment will actually have attached to it. It seems to be an ever moving state of the game, that will likely never be reached (by design).

Even if, if! OE actually is something, the game will again be compared to others that were developed during the same time period, and the age of PFOs engine will be left in a 2009 state. The only way for PFO to attract players at the time of OE is to launch with a F2P model.
lmao

You have the shakiest grasp of the current MMO industry I have ever read someone out side of MMORPG.com having the audacity to post.

EVE definitely isn't/wasn't/and never will be a murder sim as you know full well having evidently spent years carebearing in it.

PFO ever goes F2P it really will be dead.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Ryan Dancey
Just for the record we would be thrilled to have all the EVE and Darkfall players.
Rynnik
Ryan Dancey
Just for the record we would be thrilled to have all the EVE and Darkfall players.
smile
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Edam
Seriously do we really need a game where all the current subscribers now own 5 accounts and have 15 characters.

Because that is what you will get. People that try the game on a free trial and decide not to sub will not change their mind for a ten buck temporary discount. The current players will however sub more accounts per month and soon all be able to create their own gear just amongst their own alts.
Zycor
How I view it is. PFO is getting into a market that competes with these games. PFO is a sandbox MMO will corpse loot pvp.

Dunno what a murder sim is tbh. Risk reward is apart of both games, PFO is going to have it as well.

I've tried recruiting Fleet Commanders from EVE Online. I've talked with Manfred Sideous (Current CSM), Laz (From Amok in Goons). Ron Mexico, MukkBarovian, and a few other PL FCs. Anna the former BNI diplo/leader guy and Liquid will be coming to PFO. I got them started this week. A lot of these guys aren't playing EVE as their primary game at the moment so they are perfect recruits for PFO. If they play, others will follow.

I'm actively trying to start an organization that can compete with EoX and EBA that consists of EVE/Darkfall players. We had something similar to this in Arche Age, and ya we could field lots of people and had a large impact on our server. In Arche Age, I was one of the co-leaders of Brave Newbies. We had players from all sorts of games, and all sorts of player organizations from EVE. The strong turnout for AA was mostly due to our BNI/EVE subreddit posts and the ability to recruit players from existing EVE organizations like Goons/PL/BNI.

We plan on being Chaotic Evil, but we don't have the people yet. A lot of them are turned off by the sub price. I was just relaying the info that I was getting from some of these people about PFO. I think it could work if the sub price was lowered, you'd get people paying for longer periods of time as well.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Rynnik
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon

lmao

You have the shakiest grasp of the current MMO industry I have ever read someone out side of MMORPG.com having the audacity to post.

EVE definitely isn't/wasn't/and never will be a murder sim as you know full well having evidently spent years carebearing in it.

PFO ever goes F2P it really will be dead.

I never said EvE or even Darkfall are murder sims, but there are those here who do believe that. You obviously have not been here long enough.

Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Edam
Seriously do we really need a game where all the current subscribers now own 5 accounts and have 15 characters.

Because that is what you will get. People that try the game on a free trial and decide not to sub will not change their mind for a ten buck temporary discount. The current players will however sub more accounts per month and soon all be able to create their own gear just amongst their own alts.

I wouldn't, I barely use the alts that I have and one is a DT. In 18 months my pre paid sub is up and I doubt there won't be an MMO that I won't have moved to by then.

I'm trying to think of how PFO is going to pull in the subs it will need. The biggest stumbling block is the engine and its version PFO is built on. Unity 4 is just too outdated, and a year from now PFO will only look worse in comparison. Some may call that shallow, but it is a reality of the average MMO player.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post