Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Delete

Quijenoth Starkiller
My biggest concern with dropping the price is there's no reimbursement for those who subbed for the next 12 months.

Hence why I suggested additional store credit or similar reward (even if its not yet implemented) to those willing to pay the current sub price.
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Tyncale
How about, with 20 devs and 5 million dollars, make the game more fun, polished and fleshed out then it currently is. Seriously, I explained to a guy how he could apply to a Company but that once he got accepted, he would still have to shout out in General to see if any of his newfound buddies was online. Where is settlement chat?

The lack of polish and amount of unfinished features is mindboggling sometimes.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Duffy Swiftshadow
You do realize you keep implying that the only reason we don't have these things is cause they are just too lazy to do it?

You know that's not the limitation right?
Tyncale
Not lazy, no. But an unexperienced start-up that is struggling with developing such an ambitious project, and maybe sometimes making the wrong decisions, yes, that is what I am sometimes thinking.

As to the pace of development: sometimes it feels to me as if this project can be visionalized as a very large chute or funnel, with a huge opening at the top where a myriad of Cool Ideas, Dreams and Good Intentions are poured in by Stephen, Ryan, Lee and other Designers, and then a very, very tiny hole at the bottom, where this one coder called "Mr. TECH-HURDLE" is working his ass off, trying to make some of it work.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tyncale
How about, with 20 devs and 5 million dollars, make the game…
Point of order: 5M was the announced budget, and included additional investment and more players. I don't think they've achieved 4 yet.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Duffy Swiftshadow
You generally get a choice like this:

1 Week for new Monster OR 1 Week for Settlement Chat

Sounds simple right? Now make that list 2000 items long plus interdependences and try to order them "correctly". Price of seeing a work in progress instead of just at the "end" (as much as any MMO at release). If you can arrange them perfectly, please write a book or something cause you would solve a lot of project management issues.

It's easy to talk and design, implementing not so much.
Tyncale
Duffy Swiftshadow
You generally get a choice like this:

1 Week for new Monster OR 1 Week for Settlement Chat

Sounds simple right? Now make that list 2000 items long plus interdependences and try to order them "correctly". Price of seeing a work in progress instead of just at the "end" (as much as any MMO at release). If you can arrange them perfectly, please write a book or something cause you would solve a lot of project management issues.

It's easy to talk and design, implementing not so much.

Yes, every project encounters that. There are priorities, interdependencies, hurdles and delays. In the end it's all about production. Did GW produce enough for the amount of time and money invested? Did they produce the right things so far?

I have doubts sometimes. Maybe it will all come together at some point but I keep fearing for that axe coming down.
Baron Malthius
Yeah, honestly, I've said it once and i'll say it again. I'm actually quite impressed that such a small company has managed to get this far into a game like this to begin with.

After all, how long have we waited for Star Citizen to come out with even an alpha of the actual game world? If you want to talk about a list of thousands of items that are getting funneled there's a much more appropriate example. That game also has a much much larger starting budget and staff than this game has ever had just to put this in perspective.

It would be a shame if this game does not pan out and I do think there are some glaring problems, especially with player retention and entry fees. Nevertheless, I think after a few major patches (Settlement buildings, Settlement Chat, Settlement Warfare, and Factions mainly), I think the game will be easier to recommend. I still say the price model needs to adjusted again to give the game population a shot in the arm, but overall they have laid out the sets of major features they want to add in before OE.

Which is again, more than some MMOs have accomplished with much larger budgets in a similar timeframe. That's why I still stay in the game because I am sure that these features will be implemented in a way that I will probably like and I want to wait and see what the game will be like once it gets to that point.

EDIT: In this timeframe they have accomplished quite a bit with much less and we often don't give credit where it is due. We only focus what is wrong and forget that we need some additional patience. After all, that is what we signed up for when going into EE.
Tyncale
I will admit right away that some MMO-projects have accomplished exactly nothing, for huge budgets. It's true that GW has something working and online, which I guess is quit an accomplishment in MMO-land with so many projects dead in the water.

Thinking about that makes me a bit more optimistic again. smile
Dreamslinger
I don't think it matters what the sub fee is at this point. Until some of the planned systems are implemented and the game starts to be more engaging, PFO is better off with a small number of players that have already bought into the promise than it is with a horde of new accounts that have next to no investment and will most likely bail after a month or two without anything positive to say about their experience.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post