Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Delete

Bringslite
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Also the free trial should be 30 days, because that is around the time people get into tier2 and become competitive. Then gw needs to focus on things to do in the first 30 days.

+1
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Nihimon
If folks can get to Tier 2 on free accounts, they'll use them to harass other players with disposable accounts that never cost them any money.

I don't think that they would be around long enough at T2 to cause much havoc. If they sub, so are around longer, that seems like a win for GW.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
The real problem here might be that pretty much everything is being worked from the top down. The sub may not be the real problem.

What % of new/trial players are settlement management level players?

How much interesting content is there for those that are not into settlement management?

Yes we need PVP. Yes better combat "everything" would likely keep more PVP players around. Yes I know that PfO was never aiming at having Stellar PVE content.

Is that a miscalculation involving the actual level of what attracts player interest and retention?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Bringslite
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Also the free trial should be 30 days, because that is around the time people get into tier2 and become competitive. Then gw needs to focus on things to do in the first 30 days.

+1

Indeed.

Though going to a 3 week (not 4 week) trial may not hurt. The carrot of being "almost" T2 might help tempt people to sub just to try T2 out.
Baron Malthius
Edam
Bringslite
Elsworth Sugarfoot

+1

Indeed.

Though going to a 3 week (not 4 week) trial may not hurt. The carrot of being "almost" T2 might help tempt people to sub just to try T2 out.

+1
Tyncale
Bringslite
Yes I know that PfO was never aiming at having Stellar PVE content.
Having been here from 2012 and having read all the blogs and blurbs, I do not think that is true. It is true that they never intended to throw thousands of quests at us, which is the (very expensive) halmark of a large-budget triple A MMO, but they certainly intended to give us lots of PvE and depth in that area. And I think the Escalations are a great start for that.

Even though a lot of those things discussed are on the backburner now, they talked about/have already:

• Building + Economy: for me the whole Resources/Building up a Town part is PvE of the finest sort, with PvP making it mean something. Browsing an AH has always been a major activity for me in any mmo, and even with PFO's barebone Economy and half the systems not in yet, this already has provided me with lots of fun. Gushers are a PvE-players dream come true, Jackpot Loot at its finest, so I hope they implement this soon.
  • Dungeons: large ones like the Emerald SPire with several levels, but also about a system where people could discover mini-dungeons that could become interesting hotspots for a while, after which they would disappear again. So some sort of instancing there.
  • The Escalations: nuff said. Even in their first iteration these have provided us with some good PvE fun already. These can only get better when mobs start to patrol and move and more tech is implemented over the years.
  • Ever Expanding Crafting system: we already have a lot, but in the future we will only see more. There has been talk about Horsebreeding and other additions. Mind you, these were not planned by GW already in some way but proposals from the Community were met with approval and good intentions.
  • Factions: this is tied into PvP too, but I hope we can also "work" towards Factiongoals for the Factions we choose in order to unlock perks or training and such. Not with Quests but with other achievements that tie into regular gameplay (like we have already). I also hope that factions will incorporate NPCs at some point, so these will get some flesh on their bones and will become a little more then Training or Guard dummies. Getting their own names and such. I do not expect Themepark levels of NPC-population though: players are the true factions here. But even so, spicing up the world with NPCs will be good. Player settlements can be pretty empty at times and it would be nice to see some NPC's with names (and moving NPC's) in our cities too.
  • Alignment: maybe we can work on these as with Factions.
  • Housing/decorating Crafts: proposals towards this have not been shot down but expectations were managed at the start with proposals like this. Basically they said that when the game earns money, anything goes as long as it does not clash with the core systems.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Grim Onyxheart
5 a month would be a great move for OE, but only after the next update to the new player zone and questing.

As far as the 30 day trial… Not a fan. 15 days and t1 is enough to figure out if you like pfo. Gating off t2 as something you can only get with at least 1 month sub is a solid idea as far as creating a want for those players to hit t2
~Part of the Empire of Xeilias, settlement of Golgotha, company of House Winterfield~
============= "Through Strength of Arms, We bring Peace." ============
—————————————————- www.xeilias.com ————————————————
Bringslite
@ Tyncale

Yeah, that stuff is coming. When? How does that keep the interest of trial players now, especially jaded trial players that have seen many MMOs that promise the Moon and deliver a small crappy telescope?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
My main point here is that we need more engaging events and things for non settlement management to do.

1. The trial players need to get into companies that are active.
2. The trial and subbed players need more engaging events. It is pretty easy to miss Big Escalation Events with a 15 day trial. Especially a non specifically scheduled one.
3. When the current push (which is probably not able to be abandoned) is over, maybe a look at things to make the game interesting for casual players (read non settlement driven diehards) should be looked into.

What are some nice low hanging things, that take little or no coding, GW can do in that area?
-How about weekly (at least) GW character run things like hunts (after them) with some prizes?
-Co operative building ventures that take many people a few days to achieve?
-A unique object that must be found and turned in for some neat prize like a month's free sub?
-In Game message boards so that "We" can organize some things like the above? I like the idea of travelling to a settlement, going to the tavern and finding a player offered quest.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Bringslite
What are some nice low hanging things, that take little or no coding, GW can do in that area?
-A unique object that must be found and turned in for some neat prize like a month's free sub?

All you would need to get non-min/max peope excited here is something unique or different (with no game mechanic value needed). A wearable pirate patch head slot item or something.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post