Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Outpost placement when holding is in a vulnerable state

Rynnik
It appears as though if you have only a single outpost placed and it gets overrun you can place another outpost WHILE THE FIRST IS OVERRUN AND THE HOLDING IS VULNERABLE and it means you need to still overrun that second placed outpost to get the hex win.

Well played EBA.

Please fix GW.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Doc
That's awesome! Those rascals still have some tricks up their sleeves smile
Tigari
The big problem with this is it forces the process an exra day, it now takes 3 try to take a holding
coach
this was EXPRESSLY stated in a fireside chat a couple weeks ago that this would NOT be allowed

so it is bugged or was never put in for 10.1

i will find the fireside chat where the dev said this, something about a cooldown factor
coach
Decius
This is probably related to whatever it was that removed the holding on or around Monday.
coach
Tigari
The big problem with this is it forces the process an exra day, it now takes 3 try to take a holding

actually you can't take a holding

right?

because the defending Company can just replace lost outposts ad nauseum, before the PVP time for the next day to take a holding

so an infinite loop between the take outpost/place outpost would disallow ever taking a Holding

or is this bug only occurring in single outpost hexes?
coach
Doc
The outposts don't disappear when overrun, they just become sort of locked down.

This scenario only happened because:

1. The holding code is bugged.
2. There was an empty outpost slot in that hex available.
Elmin Sterro
So heres the deal. We previously had two outposts in that hex. When I checked the holding around Blackwatch on Saturday, we most definitely had two outposts in the hex. Upon arriving in the hex on Wednesday evening in response to your attack, the first thing I noticed was that one of them was missing. At first, I thought you had perhaps already overrun the first one, but that was quickly ruled out after checking the site. I suspect that the outpost may have been accidentally removed somehow when the influence correction was processed, but the Woodsmen had several hundred spare influence when the patch hit, so that does not make much sense. I'm not sure if a bug report has been filed about it yet, but I will tonight if not.

Thursday evening at my first possible opportunity, I went back to Blackwatch with a spare outpost kit to replace the one that was missing. I was not sure whether or not it was possible to replace the outpost with the other overrun, and it seemed like a good opportunity to test it. I did not think it would have any impact on the current state of vulnerability in the hex, since the holding was already vulnerable. Apparently, I was wrong. My apologies for the confusion.
Doc
Honestly, I would have been interested in trying to see if it was possible as well. Probably should have tested that on the Test server, missed that edge case in my brainstorming.
Rynnik
Elmin Sterro
Thursday evening at my first possible opportunity, I went back to Blackwatch with a spare outpost kit to replace the one that was missing. I was not sure whether or not it was possible to replace the outpost with the other overrun, and it seemed like a good opportunity to test it. I did not think it would have any impact on the current state of vulnerability in the hex, since the holding was already vulnerable. Apparently, I was wrong. My apologies for the confusion.
Honestly I would rather have you do that and find the bug then have us win the hex with the single outpost and not know about the broken stuff.

It is here in the bug forums now and hopefully GW gets it in the queue.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post