Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Nerf Nakeds

Brighthaven Leader
I only have issues with people that have no gear at all.

Also, if they showed extra gear, like gloves, boots, cloaks, and what not, people wouldn't look so naked.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
coach
no definitely mittens only shouldn't count as having gear, can make those for about 10c worth of mats

so you can't say "well we weren't nekkid our mittens' durability was being compromised"

i think everyone knows that the "gear" everyone is talking about in this thread means some combo of wep/armor/itemthatletsyouuseexpendables
coach
Brighthaven Leader
First off, when enchanting is in that changes things, because we will be using better than +0 secondary gear.

Second, I realize that, but a lot of people seem to be focusing specifically on armor. If you aren't wearing armor, but using other implements/weapons and stuff for combat, I don't have an issue with it.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Edam
You make naked an issue and people will just throw any random T1 armor on their alts.
Phyllain
Of course you don't you are the one doing it.
Rynnik
Armour has two key factors that make it the item that should be used to trigger a debuff state for characters:

- It is a chokepoint item as far as acquisition, economy stuff, and crafting go.

- It is readily visible in game currently.

While it is an arbitrary line in the sand it makes a ton of sense to tie penalties to not being fully equipped directly to armour.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Doc
One thing they could do is add a negative keyword power modifier (used for Expendables) such as how Light, Medium, and Heavy armors have. Make it so you can't cast expendables at full strength if you aren't wearing armor, or if you are wearing any armor other than clothing.

Effect power penalty to Beneficial Arcane actions:
Naked: -2
Clothing: 0
Light: -1
Medium: -3
Heavy: -5

You could roleplay it as being some arcane magic of the wizard armors fabrication is what attunes them to magical spell casting, or something.

Am I right? Wouldn't this significantly hamper Naked's ability to project force and fight, without making them unable to do anything at all?
Rynnik
Doc
Am I right? Wouldn't this significantly hamper Naked's ability to project force and fight, without making them unable to do anything at all?
No, the problem is definitely not just expendables. Attacks, orisons, and cantrips need to be nerfed more if anything.
Midnight
While I have an issue with TOTALLY UNGEARED folks on the battlefield, why exactly do we want to punish people (more than they are punishing themselves) for not wearing armor or for not wearing good armor?

Just because my traditional opponents are the ones doing it doesn't automatically mean it is a bad thing, to me.

Armor is already a foreseeable bottleneck in crafting. As a member of the Military Industrial Complex, I should welcome steps that coerce people into becoming my customers at any price, but if armor is so expensive in time or materials that Elric Fontaine (Cheatle) eschews it completely and Decius Brutus shows up in T1 (the free stuff from tutorial packs, or +2?) then it seems like there is some brokenness with armor COSTS that we should be addressing, rather than punishing people for not valuing armor at its current cost.

Other things to keep in mind…

Saving on armor is obviously a blob friendly strategy. The side with fewer people can't utilize unarmored people nearly as effectively as the blob can. This might be contributing to why my mates are so strongly anti-nudity this week, since we are usually the ones facing the blob.

Some of the changes suggested above are going to leave little choice when threading is a thing. I'd like to see threading offer interesting choices, rather than having one choice (armor) that is mandatory or you're a suboptimal idiot.

But, as a member of the MIC, if crowdforging can force my opponents to have to grind PFO's PvE more to afford near-mandatory armor it will not only put coin in my pocket, but will probably also help my roommates overrun them in Ark. :-)
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Rynnik
Midnight
While I have an issue with TOTALLY UNGEARED folks on the battlefield, why exactly do we want to punish people (more than they are punishing themselves) for not wearing armor or for not wearing good armor?

Just because my traditional opponents are the ones doing it doesn't automatically mean it is a bad thing, to me.

Armor is already a foreseeable bottleneck in crafting. As a member of the Military Industrial Complex, I should welcome steps that coerce people into becoming my customers at any price, but if armor is so expensive in time or materials that Elric Fontaine (Cheatle) eschews it completely and Decius Brutus shows up in T1 (the free stuff from tutorial packs, or +2?) then it seems like there is some brokenness with armor COSTS that we should be addressing, rather than punishing people for not valuing armor at its current cost.

Other things to keep in mind…

Saving on armor is obviously a blob friendly strategy. The side with fewer people can't utilize unarmored people nearly as effectively as the blob can. This might be contributing to why my mates are so strongly anti-nudity this week, since we are usually the ones facing the blob.

Some of the changes suggested above are going to leave little choice when threading is a thing. I'd like to see threading offer interesting choices, rather than having one choice (armor) that is mandatory or you're a suboptimal idiot.
Because I am bad at PvP.

While focusing down targets as a back line DPS I shouldn't have to worry about self peeling naked players with a weapon. If I ignore them (as I should be able to) they will burn me down, if I self peel the fight loses my DPS, if I call them as a focus target to stay safe (and as would be the right answer if it was a fully geared melee dive) then the entire group doesn't do DPS. Dumb.

I really couldn't care less if nakeds count on capture points etc. The problem is that they retain full ability to mess me up in the backline while being MUCH more willing to make that dive because they aren't worried about the biggest single cost of armour replacement.

The same thing in reverse applies to healers in their backline. If our melee dives the damage they do can be countered by fully functional healers who are standing there naked doing completely full strength, op, heals. Dumb.

Please nerf the impact players without armour have on PvP because that level of reduced gear risk should carry a much higher penalty to your ability to wreck people then it does now. Let them count in capture points or do whatever else but soft forcing a regear period after the visible armour item is broken will improve current PvP greatly.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post