Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Respec Tokens

Duffy Swiftshadow
Honestly, if I got one single respec right now I would be happy if I never got another one.

I think some people brought up a good point, early on I kinda understood what I was doing but not entirely and the scaling of some choices was not readily apparent.

I think we all agree a big cooldown on purposefully using such a thing is a necessity. Maybe every 6 months or once a year, you want to make changes cause you know you want to do something different or fix a mistake, not because of some in-game action. Devs can still issue tokens if they want for any major changes or a new role release or something, but you should be stuck with that change once you make it for awhile.
Rynnik
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Rynnik
How many drake pilots got skill points back in EVE when that nerf happened? 0

Quit trying to lie about EVE enough that it supports your point in some twisted way, because EVE Online is actually a really good counter point to allowing respecs ever.
I don't know what the Drake pilots got or didn't get, which is why I only brought up the one example I did know of. That is not lying, it is using the only example I knew of that made the statement correct.

Are you claiming that when the learning skills were removed, we were not reimbursed for them? I hope not, because that would be a lie.

Reading is fundamental smile
Refunding skillpoints for a portion of the game being removed is something that happened in EVE. That is true.

It is also unrelated to player respecs of skillpoints in any way, shape, or form as you well know. That makes you a sad sack for trying to warp the true statement to try and support your argument with an appeal to EVE that may well work for those that don't know better.

On the other hand:

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
EVE gives a respec every year, and then you'r locked into those changes for a year.
Is a lie.

As Neural Remapping isn't and never has been a way to move skillpoints elsewhere to change what your character can do.

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Neural_remapping

Fundamental that.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Memory-High Priest of Desna
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Two words… "Cool Down" … Fixed all of the legitimate issues you raised.

i didn't miss it, i read it, and i don't think it solves anything. the frequency is irrelevant. those who can't afford it can't afford it, and those who can will have perfect builds. This element of the issue doesn't change whether it's every 6 months or every 6 weeks, because the xp gained over time is proportional, the gap widening is the same.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Honestly, if I got one single respec right now I would be happy if I never got another one.

if you give a mouse a cookie….

just needling you duffy, but you get my point.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Dazyk of Phaeros
No respect for respec.
Dazyk Half-Elven, Elder of the Frozen Fingers, the shock- troops of Phaeros. If you are a fighter, cleric, or rogue, and enjoy battle, be it PVP or PVE, we are the company for you! We welcome role-players, casual gamers, and hardcore players alike.

Find your hidden strength, join the Frozen Fingers today!
Dazyk's PFO Resources Folder
Hobson Fiffledown
My vote still stays at -1. Cool Downs, no matter the duration, don't address my concerns regarding purchasable/acquirable respec tokens. There are also a slew of other reasons I would be against respec tokens, but I have hashed that out in other areas; No need to clutter this thread with more Hobson rambling. If tokens are ever made available, I'll use them as often as possible (and probably be used as an example of why it shouldn't have happened in the first place).

I think the beginner respec idea is arguable, but I still don't like it.

Any EE to OE respec would, I believe, cause two things: 1) Every veteran player would have perfectly tuned, if not OP, characters all of a sudden one day. 2) An immediate and drastic drop in veteran activity until OE from the moment any chance of respec was announced, followed by trophic collapse.
This space for rent.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Rynnik
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Rynnik

Quit trying to lie about EVE enough that it supports your point in some twisted way, because EVE Online is actually a really good counter point to allowing respecs ever.
I don't know what the Drake pilots got or didn't get, which is why I only brought up the one example I did know of. That is not lying, it is using the only example I knew of that made the statement correct.

Are you claiming that when the learning skills were removed, we were not reimbursed for them? I hope not, because that would be a lie.

Refunding skillpoints for a portion of the game being removed is something that happened in EVE. That is true.

It is also unrelated to player respecs of skillpoints in any way, shape, or form as you well know. That makes you a sad sack for trying to warp the true statement to try and support your argument with an appeal to EVE that may well work for those that don't know better.

On the other hand:

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
EVE gives a respec every year, and then you'r locked into those changes for a year.
Is a lie.

As Neural Remapping isn't and never has been a way to move skillpoints elsewhere to change what your character can do.

Fundamental that.

Again, I never said they were identical. As a side note, it would be interesting if attributes in PFO worked in a similar fashion.

I still think that Respecs for trial accounts would be a good idea, and to slightly lengthen the trial period to 21 days would benefit NPE and might translate to more accounts converting to subs.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Rynnik
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Rynnik
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Rynnik

On the other hand:

Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Is a lie.

Fundamental that.

Again, I never said they were identical.
Keep back peddling and please go ahead and be 100% clear now in admitting that neural remaps aren't actually related to the common definition of game 'respecs' at all and are in fact part of a completely separate aspect of character progression that PFO doesn't include or reflect at all.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Rynnik
Keep back peddling and please go ahead and be 100% clear now in admitting that neural remaps aren't actually related to the common definition of game 'respecs' at all and are in fact part of a completely separate aspect of character progression that PFO doesn't include or reflect at all.

now now rynnie. you can let go of his leg. he's learnt his lesson.

Caldeathe Baequiannia
Rynnik
Actually, looking around at the audience it may be better if the people wasting their time in this thread stay in this thread.
You might be surprised to learn it's possible to disagree with people, even disagree vehemently, without insulting them.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post