Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Are Mules Despawning when off the Minimap?

Caldeathe Baequiannia
My understanding is that a mule that goes unclaimed should be available to be "taken" for 15 minutes afterward. I teseted with a mule (with which I was done this morning) running away until it was out of site, then waiting for the "mule has gone unclaimed" at which point I returned and there was no sign of it in that part of the hex.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Lee Hammock
That shouldn't be happening. If it is its a new bug to us.
Jokken
I had this happen to me last week. My mule got stuck on a pixel while I was chatting with someone and didn't noticed till the "mule has gone unclaimed message". I immediately ran back along my path and there was no mule to be found. I frantically searched for 15 min to no avail and gave up. I was in a pretty remote area, so it is unlikely it was stolen by someone else. However, I also had this happen the week mules launched and I was able to backtrack and grab the mule that time.

A thought. When a mule goes unclaimed, treat it like a husk. Put a red/blue dot on the minimap at the location the mule went unclaimed. If someone steals it. Fair enough, but this way you can at least run back and reclaim your mule in a reasonable fashion.
Go West for freedom and adventure! Join the free soil settlers of High Road. Be a positive and constructive force for freedom in the Bulwark Hills. www.coalroad.com/hrc
tribuzio
Sometime they take strange routes. While moving good at Sylva our mules decided to jump from a bridge to the gorge under it. There was no obstacle and no reason to jump down.
Tink says Stab
Yeah, mules really don't like bridges.

Which makes sense, they are a break from the normal height map. They probably don't like mapping that transition.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Edam
tribuzio
Sometime they take strange routes. While moving good at Sylva our mules decided to jump from a bridge to the gorge under it. There was no obstacle and no reason to jump down.

I have actually seen one jump back up.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post