Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

[Town Crier Originated] Strategic PvP Spawnpoints

Mistwalker
Cheatle for TEO
Kero, a member of my settlement, suggested an easy fix that Defenders Spawn in the nearest Holding not in the PvP hex, and the Attackers spawn in the nearest non holding hex. Maybe a fairly easy fix.

What about those that only have 1 holding?
What about those that do not have holding next to each other?
Brighthaven Leader
It would be nearest settlement holding.

Probably just make it so its closest hex that the enemy isn't spawning in.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Mistwalker
Cheatle for TEO
It would be nearest settlement holding.

Probably just make it so its closest hex that the enemy isn't spawning in.

So, if the defender's nearest holding is 4 hexes away, they would spawn there, while the attackers would spawn in the hex next to the holding that they are attacking?
That seems to greatly favor the attacker and seems to be unbalanced.
Duffy Swiftshadow
Just as a comparative reference the other night respawns were being kicked out to an adjacent hex but there were still two problems: First everyone spawned at the same shrine which made the run back over half a hex far more interesting, and second the way the combat seems to go when their are evenish or greater defender numbers does not really benefit from the out of hex respawn for either side. It's still a bit better but not really that great, definitely think at the minimum need to respawn in different adjacent hexes but not sure how difficult that would be without starting to enact partial aspects of the solutions we've outlined here and in other threads.
Brighthaven Leader
@Mistwalker, sorry, I didn't specify earlier, I didn't mean to say enemy, I meant everyone.

Basically, what Duffy said. Just spawn in adj hexes to the PvP hex, or the closest holding, but the enemy doesn't spawn in holding hexes.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post