Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Power

Quijenoth
Stephen Cheney
Power regen should be 5% of max every 12 minutes and your location shouldn't matter. The regen should happen on what's essentially a 12 minute tick (i.e., you shouldn't get back a tiny trickle constantly, you should see a noticeable 5% increase and then another one 12 minutes later).

Eventually we'll have tech to provide Power at camps, PoIs, and settlements, and once that's working we'll remove the over time regen.

I think the amount of Power (feat) you have should also increase your Natural Power Regen. The result should be that wizards regenerate more power quicker than fighters because they can take it to 40.

Assuming power regen going away is still in the works (this was an old post I found on the Paizo boards posted December 2014) I would like to propose the following.

The extra power recovery also affects Camps, Taverns, Inns, and other forms of Power recovery.

I would also like to suggest giving Wizards/Clerics a utility that reduces the power cost of your next expendable used (or as a buff that reduces it while in effect).

Rynnik
Quijenoth
The result should be that wizards regenerate more power quicker than fighters because they can take it to 40.
?

There is no class limit on power and any character in the game can take it to 40?
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Memory-High Priest of Desna
Stephen Cheney
…and once that's working we'll remove the over time regen.

This last statement kind of invalidates any changes you could make to the current system. an increase in over-time regen is still 0 if there's no over-time regen.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Quijenoth
my mistake - i could have swarn there was some gate on power tied to the roles. or maybe I was thinking about training gates, yup thats it - you need a war wizard, occultist or seminary trainer to get to 40, the Dreadnaught and Skirmisher only go to 20.
Quijenoth
Memory
Stephen Cheney
…and once that's working we'll remove the over time regen.

This last statement kind of invalidates any changes you could make to the current system. an increase in over-time regen is still 0 if there's no over-time regen.

yup thats why i said convert it to more power recovery from camps etc
Seraph
The over time regain already scales with your power, since it's a percentage (e.g., someone with 700 power gets 35 back every 12 minutes, whereas someone with 300 power only gets 15).

I wouldn't mind the inns giving proportionally more, like some percentage per round. This would mean that everyone would need to stand in an inn for the same amount of time to get a full recharge, rather than wizards and clerics needing to stand there for much longer than fighters.

Campfires and smallholdings should NOT scale, since the only thing differentiating them from each other is the flat amount of power they give back after using them. Making them scale would probably mean assigning percentage-based power amounts they give back, and that's not very attractive to me.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Memory-High Priest of Desna
Quijenoth
Memory
yup thats why i said convert it to more power recovery from camps etc

you lie. that's a ninja edit. there's no way you caught me not reading something fully.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post