Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

First 2 weeks (more things to do)

Smitty
Was saying that the polish stuff is what they will experience when they are hooked by the things you are doing snd talking about.. regardless of how much fun they have in group stuff. The polish stuff will drive away 50% of players when they log in to play beyond the events.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Hey if one month trials and a taste of T2 is what it takes to get more to sub, than I hope GW goes for it. They have to ask themselves, "Is what we have been doing working?" The obvious answer to that is "No".

Some of the posters here are right, they have done everything they can to welcome, assist, include and even equip and play with new players.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Smitty
Was saying that the polish stuff is what they will experience when they are hooked by the things you are doing snd talking about.. regardless of how much fun they have in group stuff. The polish stuff will drive away 50% of players when they log in to play beyond the events.
All the polish in the world won't cover up a missing car door, trunk and wheel. The basic premise of the game and the proposed mechanics to get there are flawed.

Look at the other MMOs is development that have similar proposed features: limited PvE content; Territorial Control; Player Generated Economy; Other Players are the most challenging content; etc etc…

None of them have all of this gating and limitations on PvP, and they have an astounding 30 - 40 times the population that PFO has.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Doc
None of them have all of this gating and limitations on PvP, and they have an astounding 30 - 40 times the population that PFO has.

I'm not sure any of those other games are being touted as casual-friendly PvP. PFO hasn't either, but I think that is just because the wrong terminology was used to describe the design scope for the game. Ostensibly, PFO was promoted as a way to get PvP mainstream, but PvP is already mainstream. All the limiters and constraints are really in place to facilitate casual players to participate in PvP without being steamrolled by other players with more <insert something casual players may not possess> to bring to the table.

If PFO is in fact actually meant to be an MMO sandbox for casual players who want to dabble in PvP, then Goblin Works needs to do everything it can to kick out or ward of competitive players (such as myself, admittedly), and add more features pronto ASAP that appeal to the casual playerbase. This whole idea of trying to appeal to everyone ends up making PFO appeal to very few people instead, and will in my opinion be a failed strategy for success.
Edam
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Look at the other MMOs is development that have similar proposed features: limited PvE content; Territorial Control; Player Generated Economy; Other Players are the most challenging content; etc etc…

I suppose the real question is this:

- given that there are already all these other MMOs that have the "limited PvE content; Territorial Control; Player Generated Economy" covered and can do it better and already have a big player base it is clearly pointless creating yet another one and pursuing that market - so what market should PFO actually target instead ?
Smitty
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Smitty
All the polish in the world won't cover up a missing car door, trunk and wheel. The basic premise of the game and the proposed mechanics to get there are flawed.
My thoughts on polish and the need of it.. I think it is time to do this things and do them right.
I get the games end game thought and ideas are PvP, I spend most my evening sin game looking for that stuff. Yet I think they should focus on polish for a couple months, and get that stuff right. Will all the polish in the world fix the problems in PvP and those mechanics? No but who besides EoX vs EBA and more recently PFS are actually attacking other players? Who is attacking outpost and holdings?
GW has been focused on settlements and pvp engines for 6 months now most of the map is following along but the issues and bugs of the current system is affecting 2 alliances..
Meanwhile folks pick up the game every day, hit the log in screen, wonder why they cant tab like every other application on the planet. Finally get logged into game, hit a few monster camps get a feel for goblins and wolves and skeletons.. go to buy new skills to try on this stuff, and then find no change what so ever . things that knockdown don’t do anything to the mobs, things that are suppose to affect the mobs don’t do anything different , and after an hour or so they realize all the mobs are static, and all of them pretty much have the same behavior and all the attack conditions don’t work..
If they are interested they may ask in chat, and then we can try to help.. but many are probably calling it quits right then and there. Not because of the game design, not because of the pvp bugs or missing factions or any of that stuff..
My guess is because the little things have been over looked, the game is going into Q4 ? some of this stuff should be straight forward and if it isn’t, one wonders why not. They have nothing but an hour invested in the game, and probably aren’t interested in investing any more just based on the first impression.
I think GW recognizes this and has made lots of progress , that is why every sprint has had something for tutorial upgrades, and help tools, and the keywords trying to match, and damage showing on the ui.. I just get the sense the time is now to focus on those things for a couple sprints, as much as factions and other stuff sound great to get in game right now.. ..
Just my opinion ..
Edam
Smitty
GW has been focused on settlements and pvp engines for 6 months now most of the map is following along but the issues and bugs of the current system is affecting 2 alliances..

Well not even two alliances, small parts of two alliances. A good deal of current game development does seem focused on the current activities of maybe 30 or 40 players all up out of the 100s that sub.

However in the devs defence:
- if the vision for the game really is non stop, serious, hardcore, no holds barred, 24/7 PvP, then they do need to get PvP combat sorted
- its not as if the programmers playing with combat mechanics can be put to work redoing the AH or mob AI anyway that is someone elses job

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post