Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither PFO?

Just Dak
Thorgrim Foegrinder
They aren't proposing limiting PvP to weekends. Lee is proposing limiting holding warfare to weekends. You can PvP all you want the rest of the week, and Lee also proposed working on other objectives as well.
I keep hearing this. I think what is not being communicated is that long term, normal feud pvp is not meaningful enough to keep competitive players feeling like they are making any headway. Our numbers dipped to almost nothing last time we went without a territory objective. It has just now been building back up.

Maybe there is a perception since some of us do pvp in between objectives that the objectives themselves are not entirely important. They are, and without it there is not enough competitive content to keep people entertained.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Elsworth Sugarfoot
1 hour a day is too much! Even though you get to pick the hour….
Quijenoth Starkiller
See i knew that would be the reaction - sorry for baiting you.
A crafter can still gather and refine weekdays, a PvEer can kill home hexes or other monster escalations.

Doesnt matter how much you limit it - ANY limitation is wrong,
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
coach
anyone have a fairly large Crowfall company/group

looking to combine forces as I don't have time to recruit

currently have 14 people, and a 174 parcel Eternal Kingdom with the next to biggest Castle

if combined would't be opposed to having it an open PvP EK

that's 24/7 so need dedication

bunch of Ambers and Golds, some Sapphires, and two Ruby's

gonna keep subbing here probably just in case, but may sell a couple Dreamless accounts to break even here

hit me up on paizo PM if you are seeking a certain type of crafter/refiner at 14th level for your company
coach
tribuzio
Tink says Stab
The Forever War exists for one reason, and one reason alone; the developers have completely failed to provide players with any competitively interesting content outside of Holding warfare. Of course players are logging in every single night to engage in PvP; what else are we going to do? The PvE content is mind-numbingly boring. The gathering/crafting game has stagnated due to flat player growth.

If the developers approach to fixing the lack of things to do is to heavily restrict the only actually interesting thing to do even more, then I have serious doubts about their ability to compete in a market that will very quickly be broader than it has been for a long while.

“Hey players, we noticed that you have this thing that you are willing to do every night. Not anymore, fuckers!”

Give us actual things to do. Stop dedicating all of your development time to bullshit like player settlement that don't add any additional content for the vast majority of players. Outside of the fact that we are now attacking holdings instead of towers, the game is almost exactly the same as it was 8 months ago. Actually, it is worse, because now we don't even have a reason to PvE because you listened to all the people whining that PvE was too hard.

You want to know why I only PvP? Because everything else fucking sucks.

"Oh, but the development team is really small!" Tough shit. It doesn't make the game suck less.
Please, you aren't "all the players", some people don't enjoy logging for PvP every night, all the nights.
Lucius
Tink says Stab
The Forever War exists for one reason, and one reason alone; the developers have completely failed to provide players with any competitively interesting content outside of Holding warfare. Of course players are logging in every single night to engage in PvP; what else are we going to do? The PvE content is mind-numbingly boring. The gathering/crafting game has stagnated due to flat player growth.

If the developers approach to fixing the lack of things to do is to heavily restrict the only actually interesting thing to do even more, then I have serious doubts about their ability to compete in a market that will very quickly be broader than it has been for a long while.

“Hey players, we noticed that you have this thing that you are willing to do every night. Not anymore, fuckers!”

Give us actual things to do. Stop dedicating all of your development time to bullshit like player settlement that don't add any additional content for the vast majority of players. Outside of the fact that we are now attacking holdings instead of towers, the game is almost exactly the same as it was 8 months ago. Actually, it is worse, because now we don't even have a reason to PvE because you listened to all the people whining that PvE was too hard.

You want to know why I only PvP? Because everything else fucking sucks.

"Oh, but the development team is really small!" Tough shit. It doesn't make the game suck less.

Ya see this here appears to be a case of confirmation bias. Seems more like a see-saw from looking at the different views being expressed than an actual upward trend.

As to development reality is reality they sure as sh*t can't do everything if they could we'd have a done game by now. Anything can suck until it doesn't, side effect of being in the kitchen while the sausage is being made and all that.
Just Dak
coach
anyone have a fairly large Crowfall company/group

looking to combine forces as I don't have time to recruit

currently have 14 people, and a 174 parcel Eternal Kingdom with the next to biggest Castle

if combined would't be opposed to having it an open PvP EK

that's 24/7 so need dedication

bunch of Ambers and Golds, some Sapphires, and two Ruby's

gonna keep subbing here probably just in case, but may sell a couple Dreamless accounts to break even here

hit me up on paizo PM if you are seeking a certain type of crafter/refiner at 14th level for your company
A good number of EoX are in Pax Maelstrom for Crowfall. www.paxgaming.com to learn more or I will tell ya in TS. Lot of us in Alpha one or two.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Elmin Sterro
Baron Malthius
Smitty
Please leave the agency in place for players to pick when they do things, don’t hard code days people can play your game.

I think if they make the change to adjusting PvP windows to per week as opposed to per day that should suffice.

How does that prevent the same characters from permanently feuding another company by chain hopping from one dummy company to another to avoid the cooldown?
Elmin Sterro
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Lee, consider the source here. We are pounding on Phaeros and overrunning them. They are begging for the Devs to stop it.

Are you going to step in and intervene in conflict every time a large group starts losing and threatens to quit?

The outcome of one set of battles is irrelevant. The issue several of our people have with what is going on is the frequency of the attacks, not the damage inflicted on the defenders.

I think the central point our guys are trying to make is that there is a mechanic in the game that is supposed to prevent exactly this scenario. If not to stop the same group of players from constantly feuding the same companies, why does the cooldown exist?
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
I fail to see how limiting PvP to once a week windows is going to attract more players. As others have said, the PvE is mind numbingly boring. The actually combat mechanics are not engaging. The crafting system is stagnant, little or no demand.

I'm curious, who exactly is calling for less to do in this game? How long can GW keep on developing a game that only a few dozen players are actually satisfied with it?
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post