Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither PFO?

Memory-High Priest of Desna
Smitty
So why were those fellows so salty about dying ..

i dunno some people have this…pride thing? i guess?

it's weird. it's like they care or something. can't wrap my head around it.

oh yea! i remember. it was Saoirse right? she was salty about being murdered while afk. even though i murdered dreaden while afk a little while ago….it's all very subjective smile
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Doc
Are you the underdogs or the superior force? Make up your mind.

I think what he means is numerically inferior underdogs, which through skill and tenacity as force-multipliers act as a superior force to be reckoned with. That is about the only way I can reconcile the outcome of the last two weeks of PvP Holding warfare between EoX and EBA.
Elmin Sterro
Just Dak
Elmin Sterro
Tabomo
I always thought the windows were stupid. I think everything should be vulnerable at all times. Don't want someone wrecking your stuff? Come to an agreement with them.

Be careful what you wish for.

I think you underestimate the will of EoX to struggle and eventually thrive as the underdogs. I think they actually enjoy it. If anyone bought into "Hard is Fun" it is likely those folks.

It's mechanical hard stops to territory warfare that will "defeat" the evil empire IMO.

I'm fully aware of your motivations. You want to fight. It doesn't particularly matter who, Phaeros just happens to be the only group to give you reasonable cause to attack, and thus bears the brunt of your aggression.

The game mechanics have nothing to do with the "Evil Empire". The mechanics are either working as desired by Goblinworks, or they are not. If they are not, then they need to be tweaked until they are.
Lucius
How's that risk going 5 days of the week when no one is is on in the afternoons to combat ya going for ya? Clearly your mitigating your risk (understandable given the limited rule-set) but since your claiming it is a risk when it pretty clearly is not, I feel like we're being misled with all the yapping about it.

Maybe it's your peek time after all tho I find it awfully suspicious how you can field most of yours during the evening of your enemies window every night. But what do I know I live in the quiet North.

Ya all do realize if you get your way your great enemy will quit and then what? Ya gonna quit out of boredom and claim victory or just go after someone else?

I'm starting to be of the mind that as long as a war ( pardon me 'feud' ) is active it mind as well be a free for all on each other's settlements/holdings. At least then we can put an end to the bs about how 'meaningful' it all is when no one has anything standing and still doesn't give two sh*ts. At least then we can stop pretending all this hot air and feeble slapping each other around in game is more than self congratulatory stimulation.
Just Dak
Elmin Sterro
Just Dak
Elmin Sterro
Tabomo
I always thought the windows were stupid. I think everything should be vulnerable at all times. Don't want someone wrecking your stuff? Come to an agreement with them.

Be careful what you wish for.

I think you underestimate the will of EoX to struggle and eventually thrive as the underdogs. I think they actually enjoy it. If anyone bought into "Hard is Fun" it is likely those folks.

It's mechanical hard stops to territory warfare that will "defeat" the evil empire IMO.

It's a ruler where it starts at one increment and ends at the other.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Smitty
Memory
Smitty
So why were those fellows so salty about dying ..

i dunno some people have this…pride thing? i guess?

it's weird. it's like they care or something. can't wrap my head around it.

oh yea! i remember. it was Saoirse right? she was salty about being murdered while afk. even though i murdered dreaden while afk a little while ago….it's all very subjective smile
Well the person in question is a certainly full of pride…
We stood on his head .. waited for him to come back to his key board and killed him when he ran away..
Then he spent the next 20 min spamming general about how we killed him while he was afk….
Not sure what the pride thing was in that situation.. but if you say so…
Also tell the same person that if he recruits day 1 new people to explain to them that if they wander through your territory with him 40 minutes before a pvp window opens with a mule.. they might be subject to attack if he is walking with them ..

He was .. full of pride for about 45 minutes after that ..
Midnight
tribuzio
Lucius
Anyone else laughing at the irony of threatening to quit cause not enough PvP versus threatening to quit case of too much PvP?

The problem, as I see it, is that the guys that find there is too much PvP end as the targets of the guys for which there is too little PvP. So they leave, and the "too little PvP guys" move to anew target.
At the end there is no "middle PvP" group left.

While that could happen, the too little PvP crowd has been VERY accommodating to the player community, so far. You really have to work at it, to get 15 people to want to show up night after night in gear they pay/grinded for themselves (our communism ended in May). Only Phaeros has shown the talent to make that kind of enemy (and also suck their allies into a forever war).

There just isn't any evidence to support your theory. I'm not definitively saying you're wrong; what you postulated *could* happen. I'm just saying that what I've seen so far suggests you could be wrong, especially as it relates to EoX.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Elsworth Sugarfoot
I care dammit.
Elmin Sterro
Doc

I think what he means is numerically inferior underdogs, which through skill and tenacity as force-multipliers act as a superior force to be reckoned with. That is about the only way I can reconcile the outcome of the last two weeks of PvP Holding warfare between EoX and EBA.

Your numerical inferiority is only slight. Last night it was what, 16 vs 20?

Also, Underdog. Are you expecting to lose or the victims of injustice?
Bringslite
Two Coppers.

Most of what I write in here gets ignored and buried. I have to believe that it must be because most of it is off topic or not a realistic solution to problem: X. I'll take another shot at it.

@ GW
Limiting holding PVP to certain days is a solution directly solving a small segment's PVP burnout. It isn't what the OP asked for or the way to go, however.
THE PROBLEM IS THAT THERE IS NO FRACKING WAY TO DESCISIVELY WIN A PROLONGED CONFLICT! In fact, there is no real way to lose one either.
THERE ISN'T ANY REAL COST OR RISK TO AGGRESS AGAINST ANYONE. The solution (IMO) is that the aggressor needs to be at some sort of risk that manifests if he fails.

*The Aggressor's risk might work well if the up front (100 influence) costs were at risk for failing to capture anything during the declared Feud, oops my bad, WAR.

*Aggressing characters killed during conflict need to auto spawn in the next closest hex not controlled by the defending settlement. Defenders need some love.

*Defending characters need to auto spawn in the next closest hex not controlled by the aggressor Not in the same hex as the conflict. Defenders need some pain when they are killed.

*Impending Conflict: There should be more than one hour's notice that a Feud, oops my bad again, WAR is incoming. This should reward the aggressor with the most possible return on his stakes (90% redeemed) if he captures a minimal 1 outpost. But the attacker might not have the influence to take it over? When was 100 influence enough for a holding and 2 outposts anyway?

*Surprise Attack: By using more influence (final cost) to be sneaky, an aggressor should be allowed to show their cards at the last hour before the defender's window. It should be a realistically higher cost.. perhaps 20 influence for success but still 100 for failure?

*General Feud: Same cost as Impending conflict, without structure capture enabled or the possible loss of 100 influence. Just good old "trade interdiction" and "I told you not to date my sister" fun, etc…

Synopsis: Do not limit PVP arbitrarily. Make PVP cost something for failure. That something should eventually slow down an aggressor that fails often. Not a "Win" solution but definitely a light at the end of the tunnel for the defense.

@ Tink

+34? (what is the limit?) Need some stuff that is a little new, different, and fun for the 95% that don't manage settlements.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post