Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither PFO?

Nihimon
Doc
… and the people that probably comprise most of their customers have had a hard time competing against the handful of PvP'ers that did show up…

BS. We just don't want to PvP all the [censored] time. There's more to this game, and we actually like it.

If there were meaningful risks on your side, y'all would have been neutered long ago. But there aren't, so you've just kept picking and picking and picking and nothing will ever [censored] stop you. We didn't sign up for lots and lots of meaningless PvP. We were told you would be exposing yourselves to meaningful risks by launching attacks, risks that would reduce your actual character power. I'm just asking if that's ever going to be the case, or if PFO is just going to be another PvP Sandbox.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Midnight
Elmin Sterro
Just Dak
Elmin Sterro
Tabomo
I always thought the windows were stupid. I think everything should be vulnerable at all times. Don't want someone wrecking your stuff? Come to an agreement with them.

Be careful what you wish for.

I think you underestimate the will of EoX to struggle and eventually thrive as the underdogs. I think they actually enjoy it. If anyone bought into "Hard is Fun" it is likely those folks.

It's mechanical hard stops to territory warfare that will "defeat" the evil empire IMO.

Are you the underdogs or the superior force? Make up your mind.

Both? We punch above our weight class.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Lucius
Aren't some of your compatriots saying they'll quit if they can't PvP every night in this very thread? Doesn't that kinda make the idea of a peace between everyone kinda a false proposition?
Just Dak
Elmin Sterro
Just Dak
Elmin Sterro
Tabomo
I always thought the windows were stupid. I think everything should be vulnerable at all times. Don't want someone wrecking your stuff? Come to an agreement with them.

I think you underestimate the will of EoX to struggle and eventually thrive as the underdogs. I think they actually enjoy it. If anyone bought into "Hard is Fun" it is likely those folks.

It's mechanical hard stops to territory warfare that will "defeat" the evil empire IMO.

I'm fully aware of your motivations. You want to fight. It doesn't particularly matter who, Phaeros just happens to be the only group to give you reasonable cause to attack, and thus bears the brunt of your aggression.

The game mechanics have nothing to do with the "Evil Empire". The mechanics are either working as desired by Goblinworks, or they are not. If they are not, then they need to be tweaked until they are.

Good Strawman there. It very much matters who the target is. Nice try though.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Elmin Sterro
Just Dak
Elmin Sterro
Just Dak
Elmin Sterro
Tabomo

It's a ruler where it starts at one increment and ends at the other.

Some kind of E-peen measuring device?
Elsworth Sugarfoot
I'm barely holding on with pvp only 1 hour per day. I want it all day smile
Just Dak
Lucius
Aren't some of your compatriots saying they'll quit if they can't PvP every night in this very thread? Doesn't that kinda make the idea of a peace between everyone kinda a false proposition?
This is getting misunderstood. It isn't "OMG we can't pvp every night". Its the removal of agency, or being able to pick our own times to fight without arbitrary hard limiters. It's the removal of a competitive element in favor of a more casual one.

Make it cost a lot to do the same thing and you have a different story. I think some of us would be fine with that. I certainly am. It is the hard stop on holding pvp that makes competitive players look elsewhere.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Elmin Sterro
Just Dak
Elmin Sterro
Just Dak
Elmin Sterro
Tabomo

I'm fully aware of your motivations. You want to fight. It doesn't particularly matter who, Phaeros just happens to be the only group to give you reasonable cause to attack, and thus bears the brunt of your aggression.

The game mechanics have nothing to do with the "Evil Empire". The mechanics are either working as desired by Goblinworks, or they are not. If they are not, then they need to be tweaked until they are.

Good Strawman there. It very much matters who the target is. Nice try though.

The target of what?
Doc
Ya all do realize if you get your way your great enemy will quit and then what? Ya gonna quit out of boredom and claim victory or just go after someone else?

I think in another thread Decius talked about setting up some role play feuds where people could pretend to fight each other over stuff nobody is really worried about losing. I'd imagine it would be somewhat like the Gladiatorial games that Tigari set up, with fake companies and such.

In truth, that kind of thing might actually be what the majority of players in PFO actually want, seeing as how many came over from PFSociety roleplaying and stuff. Clearly the tolerance for loss or capacity for consistent effort is not super high for the average PFO player, so pretend roleplay feuds might be ideal. Doesn't sound "meaningful" at all, compared to feuds which are generated organically, but meh. If it works, it works. Whatever pays GW's bills probably is what matters the most.
Just Dak
Elmin Sterro
Just Dak
Elmin Sterro
Just Dak
Elmin Sterro
Tabomo

It's a ruler where it starts at one increment and ends at the other.

Some kind of E-peen measuring device?

Are you even attempting to understand what I am saying, or should I just assume you are inciting an angry response?

No, what I am saying is we seem to start at one extreme (underdogs) and over time as we gain ground through attrition we tend to gain notable ground.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post