Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither PFO?

Nihimon
Phyllain
To address this weird phenomena of people complaining that attackers take no risk. I can't tell if you are being willfully ignorant to try to score points or if you just don't get it. We have a bunch of holdings you can attack. You claim influence is meaningless, so why don't you spend it to attack us?

First, taking Holdings isn't meaningless. Taking Holdings from you doesn't do anything to diminish your capacity to continue the fight, which is meaningless.

Second, Influence isn't meaningless. But a "cost" of 10 Influence is. Especially when you were basically handed 1,000 Influence without having to work to get it. So, what's that, 91 3-day Feuds before you have to actually do anything to start earning Influence again? That's meaningless.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Elmin Sterro
Just Dak
Yes, we get better as time moves on. Kind of like wine.

OK. Understood.
Nihimon
Bringslite
I am surprised anyone saw my post, Nihimon. This thread is growing fast. smile

I'm going for the Trifecta. 1) Thread with the most posts; 2) most enduring continually active thread; and 3) thread with the most posts in a single day.

(mostly joking)
Lucius
Phyllain
To address this weird phenomena of people complaining that attackers take no risk. I can't tell if you are being willfully ignorant to try to score points or if you just don't get it. We have a bunch of holdings you can attack. You claim influence is meaningless, so why don't you spend it to attack us? You cant have it both ways. Would you feel better if I put up a random useless holding with night crawlers and MIA?

Cause they're at work during your PvP window?
Bringslite
Midnight
I'm going to crowdforge against Bringslite's suggestion that "success" be rewarded or "failure" be penalized when it comes to feuding influence cost.

That is a HUGE boon to blobs.

The most populous settlements already generate influence the most easily and they already win PvP more easily.

In fact, even the CURRENT mechanic of applying the feud's 100 influence cost to a captured holding, but otherwise losing 10% of the feud cost is too blob friendly.

Help me out Midnight. I fail to see how this makes it easier for blobs to feud or win. It doesn't change anything except raise the costs for losing. That should be attractive for defenders to put more effort into defense. If you defend successfully, there is a light at the end of that tunnel.

There is certainly some meaningful stuff happening if you lose and can't afford to feud for a week. There is finally a way for one party to get some breathing room, IF they can fend you off. Right now, there isn't anything (except politics) that can resolve conflicts.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Smitty
Memory
Smitty
He was .. full of pride for about 45 minutes after that ..

yea, you're def. talking about Saoirse. i wasn't watching the whole debacle in question, was too busy escaping scott free with my phat lootz. But i will say that to many folks, life and death in the game is…well…life and death. to each his own.
I try not to name folks out right if I can avoid it..
Phyllain
Nihimon
First, taking Holdings isn't meaningless. Taking Holdings from you doesn't do anything to diminish your capacity to continue the fight, which is meaningless.

If your win condition is getting me to not fight you short of you surrendering you're in for a rough time. You could burn down every city in the game and I would still come after you. That's what you get for letting Decius say nasty things about me for three years.
Bringslite
Amongst all of the other problems facing this game, individual companies have become meaningless.

It is non viable for a company to be for a specific purpose. So far, a company needs everything that a settlement does to be effective. That wasn't the original impression that companies would be about.

Now they are nothing more than "Influence Containers".
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Nihimon
Phyllain
Nihimon

If your win condition is getting me to not fight you short of you surrendering you're in for a rough time. You could burn down every city in the game and I would still come after you. That's what you get for letting Decius say nasty things about me for three years.

My win condition is not taking away your will to fight, it's taking away your capacity to fight effectively without end. Remember Ryan talking about your Settlement being part of your Character Sheet, and thus your Character Power? If there's nothing we can do to diminish your Character Power by taking away the in-game things that build up your Settlement, then the game will be a playground for hardcore PvPers who want to PvP just to PvP. I just want to know what we should expect.
Phyllain
You can do that right now. Come burn down my holdings and I will eventually not have the bulk goods to get higher levels of training. You can kill me often enough that I can't afford the gear to come back. You can pay me to not kill you. You have a bunch of options. You just want to have the devs "fix" the problem.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post