Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither PFO?

Phyllain
So as long as you show up you don't lose anything? What do they define as showing up?
Bringslite
Phyllain
So as long as you show up you don't lose anything? What do they define as showing up?

"The gold wager is affected by 2 factors. The base wager that will go into the pot and will be paid out to the winners of the challenge, and the penalties that are lost and will not be paid out to anyone."

You have to risk more than the gear you wear.

And the point isn't that the DFUW would be a good system for PfO. The point is that there is more at stake for losing than what's in your backpack. These things are built into some sandboxes.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Also, it isn't that there should be less PVP. It is (IMO) that there should be something gained for defending your turf after a certain number of attacks. No resolution, no respite, no middle ground compromises = a game about wolves attacking wolves.

No chance to show sheep that they can fight back, gain something from it, and have fun doing it.

Wolf Hounds? They just fade away too or become wolves if there aren't any sheep to protect.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Lucius
Phyllain
@bringslight I would agree with you if the attackers exited in a vacuum but since they have holdings that can also be attacked your argument is invalid. Tonight defenders can be tomorrows attackers. That is the balance. If they chose not to attack that is their choice.

Except they can't take off of work 5 days a week to balance the scales and attack you. Are your advocating they should move their PvP window around to discourage attacks and reduce PvP to a weekend only event? Much like how your window is chosen to minimize defensive time to the weekend? Kinda silly for yours to be so mad about the possible weekend only PvP when yall only want to defend on weekends with the absolute minimal chance for two days required to cap anything.

Never found your line of talk particularly convincing, at least be honest about what yer up to. This quipy bs and exaggerated straw men ain't fooling anyone who's half payin attention. I barely lasted two weeks with you before I realized I'd been had by your greeter's vagaries.
Tigari
Lucius
Phyllain
@bringslight I would agree with you if the attackers exited in a vacuum but since they have holdings that can also be attacked your argument is invalid. Tonight defenders can be tomorrows attackers. That is the balance. If they chose not to attack that is their choice.

Except they can't take off of work 5 days a week to balance the scales and attack you. Are your advocating they should move their PvP window around to discourage attacks and reduce PvP to a weekend only event? Much like how your window is chosen to minimize defensive time to the weekend? Kinda silly for yours to be so mad about the possible weekend only PvP when yall only want to defend on weekends with the absolute minimal chance for two days required to cap anything.

Never found your line of talk particularly convincing, at least be honest about what yer up to. This quipy bs and exaggerated straw men ain't fooling anyone who's half payin attention. I barely lasted two weeks with you before I realized I'd been had by your greeter's vagaries.

Pretty sure our Defense window is set so our EU players and at least have a chance at some pvp, since they can't meet your window. Is it our fault you have no EU that can attack us?
Phyllain
I changed our pvp window to when it is now when my late night defenders stopped showing up to play. I moved it to a time when our EU players can play. If you don't have EU players that isn't my problem.
Decius
Tigari
Lucius
Phyllain

Pretty sure our Defense window is set so our EU players and at least have a chance at some pvp, since they can't meet your window. Is it our fault you have no EU that can attack us?
Bull. Fucking. Shit. You don't have a group of Euro players that respond at those times. You have a subset of the same people who make up your actual peak hours who are able to respond to those times.
Tigari
lol, ok. So are you saying we have no EU players that play during our defense window?
Phyllain
Can I get a dev to do something about Decius' foul language. It has offended me.

Tink Quij Reffer Irmy The fool Phy on work nights. (off the top of my head some EU EoX memebers)
Mourn Blackhand

I don't like the weekend only PVP thing to be honest…. I just want there to be a clear way to degrade the enemy enough to stop them from attacking for a few days/weeks if we "win" the battle/feud/war. Some sort of reprieve upon completion of objectives.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post