Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither PFO?

Tink says Stab
Today I learned that I am not a real human bean.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
tribuzio
Tink says Stab
Today I learned that I am not a real human bean.

Human bean
Quijenoth Starkiller
http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.12393220.1520/fc,550x550,white.jpg
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
ZomoZ
Decius
Quijenoth Starkiller
Decius
Tigari
lol, ok. So are you saying we have no EU players that play during our defense window?
Who showed up to defend on 8-15?

Thats a Saturday! I'm sure you can play at midday weekends!

I assume you actually meant 8-14, the day you initiated the feud against AGC 1 hour before the PvP window opened. It just so happened it was pure luck that someone spotted one of your members heading north and prompted Doc to check his Feud window. Otherwise you would have had no-one showing up.

For the record those that attended included Rynnik, Myself (on 2 characters), Doc, Nivia, and 2 others I forget who (sorry) who aren't usually involved with PvP.
No, I meant on 8-15, when The Bloody Hand had a full day's advance warning and no new names showed up. And pointing out that it was just the usual suspects despite being "prime time" for the "EU group" doesn't support the existence of such a group.

So mechanics mandate a 2 day fight to achieve anything
group a does not show up in force for day 1
group a shows up for the important window
Sounds like the game is being played as intended to me
There is no mandate to show up for outposts, and there is no mandate that only certain people can show up

It just sounds to me that you are complaining that your players are not as active and you want dev intent and mechanics to allow for casual to compete with competitive, which it never will or can long term
Decius
ZomoZ
Decius
Quijenoth Starkiller
Decius
Tigari
lol, ok. So are you saying we have no EU players that play during our defense window?
Who showed up to defend on 8-15?

Thats a Saturday! I'm sure you can play at midday weekends!

I assume you actually meant 8-14, the day you initiated the feud against AGC 1 hour before the PvP window opened. It just so happened it was pure luck that someone spotted one of your members heading north and prompted Doc to check his Feud window. Otherwise you would have had no-one showing up.

For the record those that attended included Rynnik, Myself (on 2 characters), Doc, Nivia, and 2 others I forget who (sorry) who aren't usually involved with PvP.
No, I meant on 8-15, when The Bloody Hand had a full day's advance warning and no new names showed up. And pointing out that it was just the usual suspects despite being "prime time" for the "EU group" doesn't support the existence of such a group.

So mechanics mandate a 2 day fight to achieve anything
group a does not show up in force for day 1
group a shows up for the important window
Sounds like the game is being played as intended to me
There is no mandate to show up for outposts, and there is no mandate that only certain people can show up

It just sounds to me that you are complaining that your players are not as active and you want dev intent and mechanics to allow for casual to compete with competitive, which it never will or can long term
Nope. I'm saying that it is a lie that the EoX window was set when most of the GMT+4-7 timezone is at work because there is a large EU population.
Sagacitas
Large is relative, your large is apparently greater than the person stating that as large, likely because it serves your agenda.

I do not think you can deny that our eu participation or people that can log in at that time is greater than yours, thus it makes sense to do it as we do. It has been stated several times by Phy that he refuses to change a pvp window because its not convenient to the opposition to show up. That would be ludicrous
Lucius
Ya expect anyone to believe that you don't purposefully place your window just out of reach of yer only enemies so all you need to do is defend a maximum of one day a week? The major complaint seems to be that any ability to abuse the window creates an imbalanced and riskless PvP situation.

Your guys deny it up and down shouting about all the risk that is clearly not occurring as it all stands now. While most of the talked about changes would have some impact on ya it would impact yer enemies just the same and given the apparent scope of yer nightly activity that would put ya on equal footing in the 'risk' department.

Since your so scared to put yourself in that position it means you probably think you would lose and your doing everything in yer power to avoid the cost of your social activities. They would be at the same risk they've always been at and you would just be at the same, sounds like even footing to me. So anytime anything comes up that might threaten yer little safety net your folk come out of the woodwork to shout and harass. I'll give ya some credit yer better at it than your enemies.

Course you did get baited into publicly stating everything ya do that could be against the game's goals, so at least now the devs can make an informed decision if they didnt already.

So at this juncture there is a decision to be made by the devs, do they want to put folks on even footing and have to deal with their problems or do they want the mechanics themselves to be a way to avoid dealing with their problems. I think that's the key decision the devs need to make and it's gonna lose them folks one way or another.

What's gonna make the better or more interesting game?
Quijenoth Starkiller
Decius
Nope. I'm saying that it is a lie that the EoX window was set when most of the GMT+4-7 timezone is at work because there is a large EU population.
Nobody said it was a large EU population - its certainly an active population though. I play every night.

Golgothas PvP window starts at 8:30 PM my (UK) time. Thats 3:30 PM EST. that means on weekends you can participate, if you are on holiday you can participate, if you are off work sick you can participate.

Phaeros's PVP window starts at 3:00 AM UK time, Thats 10:00 PM EST that means I cannot participate EVER! unless I'm in a completely different time zone.

All I can say is, Thank You Phyllain for giving me the opportunity to enjoy meaningful PvP in PFO!
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Midnight
Lucius
Ya expect anyone to believe that you don't purposefully place your window just out of reach of yer only enemies so all you need to do is defend a maximum of one day a week? The major complaint seems to be that any ability to abuse the window creates an imbalanced and riskless PvP situation.

Your guys deny it up and down shouting about all the risk that is clearly not occurring as it all stands now. While most of the talked about changes would have some impact on ya it would impact yer enemies just the same and given the apparent scope of yer nightly activity that would put ya on equal footing in the 'risk' department.

Since your so scared to put yourself in that position it means you probably think you would lose and your doing everything in yer power to avoid the cost of your social activities. They would be at the same risk they've always been at and you would just be at the same, sounds like even footing to me. So anytime anything comes up that might threaten yer little safety net your folk come out of the woodwork to shout and harass. I'll give ya some credit yer better at it than your enemies.

Course you did get baited into publicly stating everything ya do that could be against the game's goals, so at least now the devs can make an informed decision if they didnt already.

So at this juncture there is a decision to be made by the devs, do they want to put folks on even footing and have to deal with their problems or do they want the mechanics themselves to be a way to avoid dealing with their problems. I think that's the key decision the devs need to make and it's gonna lose them folks one way or another.

What's gonna make the better or more interesting game?

If we're winning in the ENEMY timezone, why on earth would you think fear is our motivation, rather than the stated answer of to give our EU folk access to PvP? I don't know if you have cable and can watch GNN but we've been on a tear in their timezone.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Lucius
So your telling me your fielding the majority of your players over what looks like almost two weeks in your 'enemies' timezone? But your PvP window is for your EU folks to participate in defensive PvP that isn't happening 5/7 days of the week?

Looks pretty clear to me, especially with all that bellyaching a few pages back about them doing something to ya during the tower fighting. I came in after all that but it sounds like the rules pvp rules were different then.

Any who I might not be that smart, but I sure as sh*t ain't that dumb to believe anything yer saying when the ramifications in game look pretty dam clear.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post