I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.
|shade2077 08.25.2015 07:24|
Cleric Tutorial quest bugs:
1. "Purchase Medium Armor Proficiency 1 from Selyen" window is cropping text.
Suggestion: widen the window (or shorten the text lines).
2. "Kill 5 Lamashtu Cultists" window has a cropping problem and is missing a full stop at the end of the paragraph finishing "armor)".
Suggestion: widen the window (or shorten the text lines); add the missing full stop.
3. The text says "Kill five Lamashtu Cultists in any of the hexes marked on your map. Press M to open your map and you can see those hexes marked". As an experienced player I can see that there are now hexes marked with a 10 point star but as a new player I open up the map and see almost every hex is marked in one way or another (blue shields, squiggles, Xs, … ).
Suggestion: change this to "Kill five Lamashtu Cultists in either of the hexes marked with a 10 pointed star on your main map".
4. There is no instruction as to How to kill the Lamashtu Cultists .
Suggestion: There needs to be something like "You have been granted the very basics of Focus use with a Basic Focus Attack and a Basic Focus Exploit. These are available from your Action Bar. To cast the spells select your target and use either the Attack or the Exploit to damage your target. Hover your cursor over the symbol in the Action Bar to read details of how the attack operates".
5. After killing 5 cultists I returned and spoke to Finna Cor again. She directed me to Brother Seanil (Cleric Training Tutorial) but no matter how I click on him I get no response. However, Selyen(Cleric Trainer) has a quest for me as does Finna.
Suggestion: It looks like I should be directed to Selyen rather than Brother Seanil.
|shade2077 08.25.2015 07:54|
Cleric Training quest bugs:
1. Selyen says "To improve and survive, you have to learn. My friend here can train you in some of the skills you'll need to survive. People like him can be found all over the River Kingdoms. For now it's free, but, once you get to more advanced skills, they'll start charging you coin". The punctuation here has way too many commas and Selyen seems to be referring to herself in the third person.
Suggestion: This would be better as "To improve and survive you have to learn. I can train you in some of the skills you need. Other trainers can be found in many places in the River Kingdoms. Simple skills are trained for free but once you get to more advanced skills trainers will start charging you coin."
2. Some text on the right side of this quest window is cropped.
Suggestion: The window needs to be widened slightly or some of the lines shortened.
3. "an Proficiency Feat" should be "a Proficiency Feat".
4. "Train Divine Weapon Proficiency 1" should be "Train Focus Weapon Proficiency 1".
|shade2077 08.25.2015 08:44|
Cleric Training bugs (continued):
1. “Some feats work together as combos” really? Not again! According to Google a Combo is a small jazz, rock or pop band.
Suggest changing this to “Some attacks work better in combination with other attacks”.
2. When the “Train Icicle 1 from Selyen” window comes up I have a quest marker that is towards the center of the hex near Isaja Fannell in the initial spawn camp. Investigating the Glowing pin I found nothing there. It seems to be a random place on the map about half the min-map distance west of Isaja.
Suggestion: remove the random quest location.
3. I checked the feats available from Selyen and Icicle 1 was in the list but just in case the person has not trained Divine Weapon Proficiency 1 and Icicle 1 is Unavailable I suggest some clarification.
Suggestion: add extra text before “If you have already trained…” that says “You will need to have trained Divine Weapon Proficiency 1 before you can train Icicle 1”.
4. Having learned Lightning Arc I got the objective of slotting Icicle to my Action bar. This window has cropping problems with long lines such as “variety o weapons”.
Suggestion: fix the window cropping
5. The text says “often add state effects”. This is not actually true as the state has no effect by itself.
Suggestion: change this to “often put the target in a state that can be capitalized upon by other attacks”.
6. “Make sure you have your acolyte's elemental focus equipped” doesn't really help a newbie.
Suggestion: Change this to “Press P to open your Paper Doll and make sure you have a focus equipped as your primary weapon”.
7. “Select the Active Feats/Attacks tab” is the incorrect label.
Suggestion: correct “Attacks tab” to “Attack tab”
8. Having slotted Icicle I got the objective of slotting Lightning Arc 1. This window has cropping problems with long lines such as “effect currentl on”.
Suggestion: fix the window cropping
8. “Your Secondary Attacks cost more stamina, provide more impressive damage, and, most importantly, have superior bonus effects when they can capitalize on an effect currently on a target” has way too many commas; “impressive” is a relative term that is meaningless in the context (e.g does it mean they have more sound and light effects?); the use of the word “superior” implies Primary Attacks also have bonus effects which I believe is incorrect; and it is the target's state that allows for the extra effect (not the target's “effect”).
Suggestion: change this to “Your Secondary Attacks cost more stamina, provide greater damage, and have bonus effects when they can capitalize on the state of the target”.
9. “Open your Feats window by pressing P” is incorrect.
Suggestion: correct this to “Open your Feats window by pressing F”.
10. “Select the Active Feats/Attacks tab” is the incorrect label, the same problem as the previous Wizard Training window.
Suggestion: correct “Attacks tab” to “Attack tab”
11. The “Train Evangelist 1” window has similar cropping problems as before.
Suggestion: fix the window cropping.
12. “Passive Feats are feats that provide bonuses or abilities as long as they are slotted”. This seems to be a terminology problem. If I train Base Attack Bonus I don't need to slot it anywhere. Does that mean it is not a Passive Feat?
Suggestion: change this to “Some Passive Feats need to be equipped on your Paper Doll to take effect. These include Role Features, Reactive Feats, Armor Feats and some Defensive Feats”.
13. The “Slot Evangelist in your Personal Window” screen refers to “Paperdoll” a couple of times. I believe this is inconsistent with other references.
Suggestion: change “Paperdoll” to “Paper Doll”.
14. Train Divine Attack Bonus 1” window could do with some more information. There is also a spelling error (“it's” is used incorrectly as the apostrophe implies a contraction of “it is”).
Suggestion: Use “Each major weapon category has its own attack bonus. Divine Attack Bonus gives a bonus to Divine spell attacks (but not to Divine Attacks that use a melee or ranged weapon such as longsword or long bow)”.
15. “Train Willpower Bonus 1” is confusing in that up till now I have had to slot everything I have trained and I have previously been told I need to slot everything for it to take effect.
Suggestion: add a sentence like “Willpower, Fortitude and Reflex Bonus are Passive Feats that do not get slotted to the Paper Doll. They are always in effect once learned.”
16. “Train Holy Symbol Implement Proficiency” window refers to Implements as tools. It says “Implements are tools used to store and activate abilities tied to each Role called Expendables. Common Implements are things like Spellbooks and Holy Symbols. You must have a proficiency feat to equip an Implement”. This is bad phrasing and says to me that "Implements" are also called "Expendables".
Suggestion: make it clear that Implements are in-game items and leave the description of Expendables out of this window as they are covered in the next window. Change the wording above to “Implements are items used to store and activate abilities tied to each Role. Common Implements are things like Spellbooks for Wizards and Holy Symbols for Clerics.”
17. “Equip Holy Symbol and Slot Expendable” window has the same problems as in the previous point. Here there is no need to talk about Implements again as it just confuses things.
Suggestion: Change “Implements are tools used to store and activate abilities tied to each Role called Expendables” to “Expendables require an Implement to be slotted. You will have retrieved an Introductory Holy Symbol(an Implement) and a Spell (an Expendable) from the chest near Finna Cor”.
18. Trying to slot the spell Lesser Inflict which I learned I had 2 problems. The instruction “Select the Active Feats/Expendables tab” refers to a tab that isn't there (it is “Expendable” not “Expendables”). The other problem is that my list of learned expendables is empty unless I have already slotted my Holy Symbol.
Suggestion: change “Expendables” to Expendable”; add a sentence along the lines of “Your Expendable will only appear in the list of Active Feats once you have an appropriate Implement equipped”.
19. “Slot Glory Domain” window refers to a “highlighted slot”. This is the Role Feature slot on the paper doll so make it obvious and call it by its name.
Suggestion: change “Drag Evangelist 1 to the highlighted slot” to “Drag Evangelist 1 to the Role Feature slot on your Paper Doll”.
20. “Interact with Brother Seanil” window has a number of problems: It implies the player did something wrong when saying “you bought feats out of order”; it implies Role features automatically advance when the pre-reqs are met; and it has a spelling mistake “mazimize”.
Suggestions: change “bought feats out of order” to “bought feats in a different order”; change “Each time you buy a specific set of feats, your role will advance in level” to “Each Role Feature level requires that you have trained a specific set of feats”; correct the spelling of “maximize”
21. “Click Brother Seanil again to end this quest” is bugged. I clicked on him and nothing happened. When I clicked on Selyen again then the quest window closed.
Suggestion: either correct the text or correct who you have to click on to end the quest
|shade2077 08.25.2015 08:47|
Slaves of Coin bugs:
1. Castellan is a title so when referring to Castellan Cranstin it should start with a capital C.
2. You are not told where to find the mercenaries. I suggest adding something like "Mercenaries can often be found to the north east of here".
3. The text tells of the effectiveness of spell damage but my understanding is that Holy Damage operates differently to Spell damage. Some explanation of the difference would appropriate here.
|Brighthaven Leader 08.25.2015 12:04|
*hugs* Shade, thank you for doing this much testing, it is much appreciated.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
|Red 08.25.2015 12:24|
Yeah - holy crap! I, for one, put 50cp in the tip jar. We need a PFO paypal…
|Lee Hammock 08.25.2015 14:15|
Lead Game Designer
Just wanted to let everyone know I've worked through these. A lot of them we already caught in our own playtesting. We should have a 10,2a build soon.
|shade2077 08.25.2015 17:10|
Great. I will continue the testing after 10.2a is released, starting with the Rogue Trainer because I haven't gone through that one yet but it presumably has the same sorts of problems I raised with the Cleric and Wizard trainers.
|shade2077 08.25.2015 19:12|
Racial modifiers are not reflected in the character sheet. When I create a new Elf character all skills are shown as 10 except perception at 20. Elves should have a racial modification on some skills at -5 (e.g miner, sawyer, smelter) and some at +10 (alchemist, artificer, bowyer) and Perception at +20. If the default for skills is 10 then the initial skill array should have some skills at 5 (e.g miner, sawyer, smelter), some at 20 (alchemist, artificer, bowyer) and Perception at 30.
After training Miner 1 the skill is shown as 10 (so no change shown when it should have gone from 5 to 10). After training Miner 2 the skill is shown as 15 (which is now correct). It would seem the -5 racial modifier is there, it just isn't shown on the character sheet.
|Caldeathe Baequiannia 08.25.2015 19:59|
shade2077Note, that all player characters, regardless of training or bonus/penalty, have a basic minimum of 10 in everything, not a bonus of 10, so an elf would need to be at level 2 in a skill before you would notice a -5 making it 15 instead of 20. By the same token, a character with no bonus or penalty needs to get to level two before they see any change in their number.
To reach me, email firstname.lastname@example.org