Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

10.2 Testing

Thod-Theodum
Shade
Fantastic work and likely the kind of work that helps to retain players. It isn't as flashy as new PvP options, high level stuff, etc. But I heard too often that starters are just lost and leave in the first hour of play due to frustration.
Your step by step work with all the detail helps to over one that. I would add my appreciation in game with some donation should I meet you there (what character are you there?).
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Giorgio
+1 to reward such dedicated and detailed investigation.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
shade2077
Caldeathe Baequiannia
shade2077
Racial modifiers are not reflected in the character sheet. When I create a new Elf character all skills are shown as 10 except perception at 20. Elves should have a racial modification on some skills at -5 (e.g miner, sawyer, smelter) and some at +10 (alchemist, artificer, bowyer) and Perception at +20. If the default for skills is 10 then the initial skill array should have some skills at 5 (e.g miner, sawyer, smelter), some at 20 (alchemist, artificer, bowyer) and Perception at 30.

After training Miner 1 the skill is shown as 10 (so no change shown when it should have gone from 5 to 10). After training Miner 2 the skill is shown as 15 (which is now correct). It would seem the -5 racial modifier is there, it just isn't shown on the character sheet.
Note that all player characters, regardless of training or bonus/penalty, have a basic minimum of 10 in everything, not a bonus of 10, so an elf would need to be at level 2 in a skill before you would notice a -5 making it 15 instead of 20. By the same token, a character with no bonus or penalty needs to get to level two before they see any change in their number.

If the minimum skill level is 10 then I suggest that should be explained in the crafting tutorial. It is obviously a point of confusion. Add some text along the lines of "Note that all player characters, regardless of training or racial bonus/penalty, have a basic minimum of 10 in every crafting and knowledge skill. Each level of training grants an increase of 10 to those skills but you may need to train to level two in a skill before noticing a change in the skill level on your character sheet. For example: Elves start with a racial penalty of -5 to Miner so will need to train to rank 2 in Miner before seeing an increase to 15 in their mining skill; Humans start with a racial bonus of +5 to Miner so will only need to train one rank before seeing an increase to 15 in their mining skill; and Dwarves start with a racial bonus of 20 to Miner so they need to train no ranks to start with a mining skill of 20."
shade2077
Thod-Theodum
Shade
Fantastic work and likely the kind of work that helps to retain players. It isn't as flashy as new PvP options, high level stuff, etc. But I heard too often that starters are just lost and leave in the first hour of play due to frustration.
Your step by step work with all the detail helps to over one that. I would add my appreciation in game with some donation should I meet you there (what character are you there?).

Any donations will be greatly accepted by the Pathfinder University. We are here to help new players.

Thanks,

Aroden. Professor at Pathfinder University
shade2077
The grey marker on the edge of the mini-map that indicates which way to go to find your husk is not appearing any more. Your husk is still visible on the main map but the guide at the edge of the mini-map is gone. Please put it back.
shade2077
Characters not deleted:

I selected to delete 2 of my characters in preparation for the next test server release. After the next down-time they were still there. This may because they had items for sale at the auction house? I will check again tomorrow.

Update: I selected to delete the characters again and they are now gone. I will try and reproduce the problem but maybe the problem is me?
shade2077
I went looking for Kel the Red (Rogue Tutorial) tonight. Found her easy enough but there is no visual clue why she might be called 'the Red'.

Suggestion: give her something red so when you are looking for her later she stands out from those around her - red hair red boots, something, but not a red hood as the other rogue trainers near her have those.
shade2077
Rogue Tutorial quest bugs:

1. You are told you will need a bow and some 'stabbing arrows'. Is there any such thing? Also saying that you need arrows is completely misleading.

Suggestion: change it to something like "you will need a trusty bow". Remove the reference to arrows all together as that will just confuse new players.

2. When you get the equipment from the chest you get a window that says "Open it up that pack and get ready". As there is no longer a 'Rogue Pack' like previous releases this is redundant as well as bad english.

Suggestion: remove this sentence all together and leave it as "Killing's a lot easier with some armor and a bow in hand".

3. There is a floating '>' and a missing full stop at the end of the sentence "drag the weapon or armor)>"

Suggestion: replace the greater-than with a full-stop.

4. The text says "Arrows should make quick work of them". This indicates that arrows are actually required but there is no info on how or where they are equipped.

Suggestion: add a note something along the lines of "Note: ammunition is not currently required in game. To fire your shortbow click on the Basic Shortbow Strike or the Basic Shortbow Exploit on your Action Bar. These can also be triggered by pressing the number keys 1 and 4 respectively".
shade2077
There are still NPCs for Rogue Pack Supplier, Cleric Pack Supplier, Wizard Pack Supplier and presumably Fighter Pack Supplier (although I didn't check that one). These should not be needed any more now that we don't have those packs any more and the class trainers have moved out of Thornkeep.

Suggestion: remove the unnecessary trainers.
Edam
shade2077
Rogue Tutorial quest bugs:

1. You are told you will need a bow and some 'stabbing arrows'. Is there any such thing? Also saying that you need arrows is completely misleading.

At one point bodkin arrows had the piercing description and broadhead had slashing. No idea if they still do. It is a moot point with no ammo and the game ignoring piercing versus slashing damage though.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post