Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Smoke reported

Thorgrim Foegrinder
The tech demo was made using a different engine, and was specifically designed as a tech demo rather than a playable game like we currently have. My understanding is that everything started over from scratch when they went with Unity. Perhaps some things were able to be imported though, I'm not sure.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Thorgrim Foegrinder
The tech demo was made using a different engine, and was specifically designed as a tech demo rather than a playable game like we currently have. My understanding is that everything started over from scratch when they went with Unity. Perhaps some things were able to be imported though, I'm not sure.

That sounds an awful lot like "bait and switch" to me.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Thorgrim Foegrinder

That sounds an awful lot like "bait and switch" to me.
They were very transparent about it, at the time. I think a requirement of "bait and switch" is that you hide the final scenario while baiting.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
tribuzio
MidknightDiamond
Given that the intention of the game is a sandbox warfare style game where outposts, holdings, and even settlements (let alone individuals) are meant to be vulnerable to take down - harassing someone for finally being able to enjoy a victory in their war is more the griefing.

Honestly, I say shame on the OP for making a dummy account to grief and harass anonymously.

Actually to me the PFOFIREFIGHTER initial posts seem gloating posts veiled in false pity.

No problem for gloating on a big victory but the one doing that should put is face on that.
Tyncale
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Is there some reason why building destruction in the Tech Demo of January 12, 2013 was graphically better than building destruction on Aug 23, 2015?

Tech Demo

Building Destruction today
That's not fair.

I would call this Destruction Today.

Courtesy of Quijenoth who made this video. smile

I am sure the destruction of other buildings will look similar in the future. (Sheesh, Q. you destroyed a lot of those)
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tyncale
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Is there some reason why building destruction in the Tech Demo of January 12, 2013 was graphically better than building destruction on Aug 23, 2015?

Tech Demo

That's not fair.

I am sure the destruction of other buildings will look similar in the future. (Sheesh, Q. you destroyed a lot of those)

Then why isn't that the animation of outpost / holding destruction now?

Why isn't duel wielding animations the same as in the tech demo?

If the tech demo used a different, and apparently better graphics engine, why the change?
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Tyncale
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tyncale
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon

Tech Demo

That's not fair.

Then why isn't that the animation of outpost / holding destruction now?

Why isn't duel wielding animations the same as in the tech demo?

If the tech demo used a different, and apparently better graphics engine, why the change?

The change was explained in this blog by Mark.
I can not say if the change is paying off.

I think they simply did not get around yet to adding the explosion animation to other buildings; I am not even sure if it is an animation or a gif or a particle effect or if it's Unity using some Physx feature of the vidcard.

In any case, truly destructable stuff is certainly possible in Unity, considering this tutorial.

Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Quijenoth Starkiller
what can i say, i love to blow s**t up smile

The fire in the tech demo has been improved on live greatly
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post