Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Make PvP Meaningful

Azure_Zero
Doc
I have to agree With Quijenoth, in that point 4 has the potential of a double snowball effect
(strengthening one and weakening the other to the point of no chance of a comeback).

I'm pretty sure that's what Nihimon wants, considering all his usages of the "neutering" of Golgotha. …..

….

But I don't think Nihimon realises that it would be a Double edged sword, and has not considered that the sword point might just land on EBA settlements instead of EoX settlements.

Nihimon
Azure_Zero
But I don't think Nihimon realises that it would be a Double edged sword, and has not considered that the sword point might just land on EBA settlements instead of EoX settlements.

I understood that - very clearly - from the very beginning when Ryan first started talking about consequences, including the ultimate consequence of losing your Settlement.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Duffy Swiftshadow
I was never under the impression that most people here thought the things they suggested didn't also apply to them. Whether something may have ramifications on my in-game situation has no real bearing to me when discussing whether a mechanic is good for the game. I'm far more likely to quit a game because the mechanics aren't good for what I was being sold on or don't line up with my gaming life, than I am because I was 'beat' by them.

While some in-game examples may be used from time to time I think they are just illustrations, but sometimes it will come down to subjective feelings about mechanics that can get out of hand and that's where the devs need to step in and explain their intentions and goals. If they ultimately don't line up with the sort of game I want to play, that's okay, but I would rather know today than tomorrow, and while this is probably gonna get sidetracked again I would like to hear the answer from them none the less.
Zycor
I agree with everything Nihimon is saying.
Decius
Anybody have any comment on the actual suggestion? So far it's almost all been attempts at thinly veiled personal attacks that lack a thin veil.
Rynnik
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Telemvar
-1 Stop posting these threads dude.
Midnight
Nihimon
it's prompted by winning in PvP and realizing (yet again) that winning was utterly meaningless because the loser didn't face any consequences at all.

I'm not sure how you define winning, since it seems we've managed to take at least one outpost or holding from you every night except your 28 man batphone compulsory draft night.

And since the patch, characters on your side were sent to the shrine far more than ours, so taking gear churn into account, whatever nights you are defining as winning were surely Pyrrhic victories (excepting, of course your 28 man batphone compulsory draft night when barely anyone on either side died).
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Phyllain
I think they define victory differently then we do midnight.
Decius
Midnight
Nihimon
it's prompted by winning in PvP and realizing (yet again) that winning was utterly meaningless because the loser didn't face any consequences at all.

I'm not sure how you define winning, since it seems we've managed to take at least one outpost or holding from you every night except your 28 man batphone compulsory draft night.

And since the patch characters on your side were sent to the shrine far more than ours, so taking gear churn into account, whatever nights you are defining as winning were surely Pyrrhic victories (excepting, of course your 28 man batphone compulsory draft night when barely anyone on either side died).
Revisionist history FTW!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post