Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Pathfinder Online will be ending operations on November 28, 2021. For more details please visit our FAQ.

Make PvP Meaningful

Avari
Midnight
Avari
So who cares if your KD is awesome cuz you sent our T1's home naked.

From where I sit, I've recently seen people like Cheatle ARRIVING naked and Decius ARRIVING in T1.

Maybe there's a logical explanation (and surely there's a spin) but that makes me think that even your best PvPers are running out of gear.

"Pound for pound". Now there's a spin for perennial losers smile
Midnight
Avari
Midnight
Avari

From where I sit, I've recently seen people like Cheatle ARRIVING naked and Decius ARRIVING in T1.

Maybe there's a logical explanation (and surely there's a spin) but that makes me think that even your best PvPers are running out of gear.

I'll be the first to admit that's spin, though I'd call it spin for the underdogs.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows we are the underdogs. Anyone joining EoX gets that explained to them pretty darn early.

Part of our early initiation rite seemed to be summoning the blob just so the new people could see what they were up against. smile Those who came back a second night were true Xeilians. smile

My new recruitment suggestion:

Join EoX, the "perennial losers" repeatedly burning down Phaeros' outposts and holdings.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Yrme
removed by poster
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Avari
Midnight
Avari
Midnight
Avari

I'll be the first to admit that's spin, though I'd call it spin for the underdogs.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows we are the underdogs. Anyone joining EoX gets that explained to them pretty darn early.

Part of our early initiation rite seemed to be summoning the blob just so the new people could see what they were up against. smile Those who came back a second night were true Xeilians. smile

My new recruitment suggestion:

Join EoX, the "perennial losers" repeatedly burning down Phaeros' outposts and holdings.

LOL. Not bad.
AlexanderDamocles
Midnight

Aww, you guys aren't losers! Well, except for that Phyllain fellow, and that's because the start of his name is semi-close to fail, and the last part is ain, so his name when horridly mangled sounds like failing, and I just can't handle EoX having a failure as their leader.

The rest of you guys aren't so bad.

Well, except for Tink. He stinks of tansy leaves. Not sure if he's bathing in them, smoking them, or actually made of them.

Oh, and that Midnight person. Bandits who lack conviction are just terrible. I mean, start off as a bandit, keep living as one!

….you know, maybe y'all *are* losers…..lovable ones, granted….
Edam
The only thing I ever saw EoX struggling with was player retention, especially active players, their initial recruitment rate always seemed fine. However they seem to have overcome that problem lately.
Midnight
I get the impression that lot of the people who came through EoX didn't enjoy being tier 1 and waiting to be more useful in PvP. We appreciate everyone who shows up, but people can tell how effective they are, and PvPers tend not to enjoy being carried.

But obviously, I'm not that proud. I told my mates tonight, "you've carried me for 8 months while I've been a filthy casual".
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
AlexanderDamocles
Bandits who lack conviction are just terrible. I mean, start off as a bandit, keep living as one!

I was tr1xx0r3d by Caldeathe. :-)
-Edmund Burke
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Midnight
AlexanderDamocles
Bandits who lack conviction are just terrible. I mean, start off as a bandit, keep living as one!

I was tr1xx0r3d by Caldeathe. :-)
Is that what left that stain?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
I'm wondering why fairly intelligent people don't understand what the word "meaningful" means, and also what it does not mean.

It does not require agreement in order for it to be meaningful.

It does not require that both sides know, understand or agree with the motives of the meaningfulness.

Meaningfulness can be one sided, and even have sever negative consequences for one of the participants.

If you get upset that you have to defend your territory everyday from PVP attacks, those attacks are meaningful and especially to you!! Unless of course you get upset over things that are not meaningful, and that is just plain emo. in my opinion.

Find a different word, because "meaningful" is not the word you truly intend to be using. I think "Rare" is the word some of you are looking for.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post