Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Concerning Golgotha

Zycor
smile
Zycor
Nihimon
Zycor
… when Phaeros was apart of PAX…

Phaeros was never a part of Pax.

The Seventh Veil was never a part of Pax.
Decius was, my bad?
Stilachio Thrax
I don't see why this is being dredged up again. Nothing good is going to come of this. If either side needs to pick at this to continue their motivation for the Forever War, fine. But spare the rest of us the rehash, it doesn't make anyone look good.
Virtus et Honor

Steward of Ozem's Vigil, Lord Commander of the Argyraspides Iomedais
Thod-Theodum
@Nihimon
I'm saddened by this post of yours. Just reread what Ryan has written. I will highlight one part for you:

Ryan
And frankly, I don't necessarily think Pax' opinion about their structure is the defining one. Perception will be the reality in this case.

I'm in this game since day one of the landrush - I have participated in it - I have read a lot - likely spend too much time on these boards. Ryan mentions perception. Yours is likely very much influenced by the current war as well as by who is around you. So let me tell what my perception is:

Callambea and Golgotha:
They are pretty much separate entities. If there ever was a problem with both being PAX then I see a MUCH worse problem with the triangle Golgotha/Auroral/Kreuz Bernstein. They have pretty much become one and the same instead of three different entities.

Harping about Callambea/Golgotha is absolutely irrelevant if you look at what is happening in the game. But there is a difficulty for Phaeros to point the finder at shenanigans around Golgotha/Auroral/Kreuz Bernstein as what happens in the South East with Hammerfall/Blackwood Glade isn't much different. As an outsider you can't always tell how independent several settlements actually are.

Taking over settlements only started with 10.1 - but it has happened in backroom deals for much longer and at many places. Callambea is not the example for that. Instead this happened with settlements that lacked leadership and that left the game and are an issue of low population.

Going back to Ryan and perception. If I would think that Golgotha is bad for the game then I would start acting against them, undermine them - maybe even going to war and then move elsewhere. But Phaeros hasn't managed to convince the player population about that.

Is this unfair? Likely yes. A while ago I had a very enlightened and great conversation with Thorgrim. I felt it was a pity that too much before that in my perception of Phaeros was purely influenced by you and especially Decius. There are reasonable players in Phaeros, there is a lot of great stuff Phaeros is doing. But sometimes it might help to go out and ask other people what perception you leave on the game - or if the perception you have of your enemy is shared.

And you dig yourself even deeper into it with posts like this. The result is - people feel Schadenfreude instead of rallying behind you and maybe even helping you out.

My advice - take a step back and think about it. I'm happy to be available as a soundboard. Phaeros is doing great work with things like the Goblinary and the Storehouse.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Tink says Stab
Oh hey, more drama! Cool.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Zycor
Sorry just wanted to get that off my chest, those are my concerns about Golgotha.
Tink says Stab
Don't worry Zycor, I have a natural immunity for smack talk that comes from scrubs.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Zycor
You make "allies" with other settlements just to save your own ass.
??? Was that supposed to be in the list? Does it maybe sound different in your head than in mine?
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Zycor
I just don't get how Forgeholm, HRC, EL, PFU, Cannis, and all the other guilds sit their neutral, and have neutrality agreements with Golgotha. These guys are bullying Phaeros. It's like what happened during WW2 with Hitler, and appeasement. I say we fight Golgotha and burn their shi* down.

Golgotha is Germany. Phaeros is Poland.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Reported
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post