Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Concerning Golgotha

Doc
Nah, what really happened was I had two choices:

1. Either choose to not participate in the PvP portion of the game and thereby manage to get a settlement to live in obscurity and boredom by myself and watch other people do interesting things.
2. Or, Join one of the active PvP'ing factions in game and actually have some fun.

I chose option 2, obviously. All of AGC has left the game or joined other groups, so AGC isn't a thing anymore, hasn't been for a while. It was just me using a company that had influence that I helped create. I couldn't very well fight a blob on my own. And it's not like joining EBA was ever a consideration that would remotely be considered or allowed, so my only meaningful option to get to participate in the game's marquee features was to fight along side EoX.

I mean, try to clear out all the BS floating around inside your skull for a minute and think about it. There are literally only two groups to play with in this game if you want to be a part of group PvP. You know, what is supposedly the main feature of PFO.

So yeah, I didn't really think I'd have a good chance to get away with booting up a settlement, Phaeros coming to wreck my shit was as predictable as the sun coming up. It was certainly a risk to associate my company with Callambea during my capture attempt for Freevale, but I figured if I had a smaller PvP window I might have a slim chance of pulling it off. Ah well, not like it matters now anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/HsbAAh.jpg
Decius
AGC could have joined EBA; I'm not sure why you would say otherwise when we've publicly courted you.
Thorgrim Foegrinder
Doc
Nah, what really happened was I had two choices:

1. Either choose to not participate in the PvP portion of the game and thereby manage to get a settlement to live in obscurity and boredom by myself and watch other people do interesting things.
2. Or, Join one of the active PvP'ing factions in game and actually have some fun.

I chose option 2, obviously. All of AGC has left the game or joined other groups, so AGC isn't a thing anymore, hasn't been for a while. It was just me using a company that had influence that I helped create. I couldn't very well fight a blob on my own. And it's not like joining EBA was ever a consideration that would remotely be considered or allowed, so my only meaningful option to get to participate in the game's marquee features was to fight along side EoX.

I mean, try to clear out all the BS floating around inside your skull for a minute and think about it. There are literally only two groups to play with in this game if you want to be a part of group PvP. You know, what is supposedly the main feature of PFO.

So yeah, I didn't really think I'd have a good chance to get away with booting up a settlement, Phaeros coming to wreck my shit was as predictable as the sun coming up. It was certainly a risk to associate my company with Callambea during my capture attempt for Freevale, but I figured if I had a smaller PvP window I might have a slim chance of pulling it off. Ah well, not like it matters now anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/HsbAAh.jpg
I know that we spoke during our meetings months ago about having you join us. I got the impression that there were ongoing talks with you about that at the time.

I also know that Nihimon tried to get in touch with you about taking Freevale to see if you really were trying to break away from EoX, and in that case Phaeros would have supported you in doing so. I wasn't there for the attack on your holdings, but I can only assume that either he couldn't get a response or he got one indicating that you weren't actually trying to leave EoX.
[Sylva] is the premier Nature based settlement in Pathfinder Online. We're a family that has come together through the game, and we're one of the most active settlements currently. We have a solid roleplaying foundation and are a home to those who both love and hate PvP.

[The Seventh Veil] is a meta-game group with members in several different settlements. We've created many guides and spreadsheets for the game that are referenced by hundreds of players on a daily basis and we maintain multiple websites like [Goblinary.com], [The Storehouse], and [The Unofficial PFO Atlas] to make information more readily available. The Seventh Veil promotes positive game play at all times.
Doc
AGC could have joined EBA; I'm not sure why you would say otherwise when we've publicly courted you.

EBA courted AGC pre-alpha. However it was highly unlikely we were going to consider joining the largest bloc in the game, as I saw that kind of bully power as having the potential to stagnate the game, and needed to be opposed, not enhanced. EBA (Phaeros) coming up to take all of our towers after a single fight we lost with Ozem's Vigil that had nothing to do with EBA (well in retrospect it did because the rest of the map was basically all EBA-lite secret allies) proved that to me. Everything since has just been solidified into permanence due to all of the trolling back and forth.

But yeah, who gives a shit now anyway? Except people obsessed with things that weren't even significant months or years ago?
Doc
I also know that Nihimon tried to get in touch with you about taking Freevale to see if you really were trying to break away from EoX, and in that case Phaeros would have supported you in doing so. I wasn't there for the attack on your holdings, but I can only assume that either he couldn't get a response or he got one indicating that you weren't actually trying to leave EoX.

No I decided I wasn't going to provide easy content for EBA to humiliate me with anymore or hold over my head as another "server first blah bla", like with the Aragon towers or other crap. And the taunting of me in general chat afterward pissed me off so I said screw it, I don't give a $%^& anymore, so I tore everything down. I'm going to play Crowfall now so like I said it doesn't matter.
Sagacitas
Your actions of thinking this matters at all have consequences, and are feeling the burn now of them

I do not care about things that happened years ago, The server does not care about any of this old info

The game was not intentionally gamed to start per the 3 people still around from that time, you just assumed the worst and blew it out of proportion, and used it for propaganda to recruit more people. They started as individual guilds and combined for a stronger alliance.

If you truely wanted to be a boon to the community you could try and recruit some more people to populate any of the dead settlements on the server, not start a crusade against one of the only active settlements which you cannot finish, even with the largest alliance in game willing to back your misguided conceptions of good or bad.
Decius
Doc

EBA courted AGC pre-alpha. However it was highly unlikely we were going to consider joining the largest bloc in the game, as I saw that kind of bully power as having the potential to stagnate the game, and needed to be opposed, not enhanced. EBA (Phaeros) coming up to take all of our towers after a single fight we lost with Ozem's Vigil that had nothing to do with EBA (well in retrospect it did because the rest of the map was basically all EBA-lite secret allies) proved that to me. Everything since has just been solidified into permanence due to all of the trolling back and forth.

But yeah, who gives a shit now anyway? Except people obsessed with things that weren't even significant months or years ago?
Revisionist history. You came down with some other EoX folks to oppose our control of Constantinople, so we retaliated where we would be marginally effective.
Rynnik
Decius
No, he couldn't. Doc has standards. He doesn't sign up with serial liars.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Tink says Stab
Wait, Doc has standards?

The hell is he doing in the same group as me then!?
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Doc
Revisionist history. You came down with some other EoX folks to oppose our control of Constantinople, so we retaliated where we would be marginally effective.

I seriously have no idea WTF you are talking about most days. Do you believe you are Mehmed II reborn or something? Congrats on the siege. Honestly, I can't tell if you have a brain injury, which would be terrible and I'd sincerely feel really bad for you, or if you just troll with whatever comes to mind at any moment.

Either way, feel free to believe whatever "history" you think fits into your bizarre vision of the community surrounding this game. Maybe GW can scrounge up some kind of achievement to put into PFO, maybe 9 social category points for annoying the shit out of the most people possible.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post