Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Recipe Prerequisites

Brugge
I have found that certain recipes tell me that I have not met the prerequisites.

For example : I am a level 4 smelter (skill level 50) and am trying to learn Silvered Steel Ingot +1, which says I need to be a level 4 smelter. When I try to learn it, the chat box says that I have not met the prerequisites. What does this mean?
Brawn Over Brains…One Dwarf's Legacy
Decius
Tooltip error. SilStelIn+1 is Smelter 11.
Brugge
OOPS!…My Bad. I meant Silvered Iron Ingot +1.smile
Zycor
smilesmile
Tyncale
Zycor is right that bonusses do not count towards the unlocking of recipes. Same for racial bonusses.

I think the racial bonus may be the cause here. If the recipe requires level 4, you need to have trained level 4 at the trainer, no matter what your skill is. You can check this in your Feat window.

I am guessing you are a dwarf, who get a racial bonus of +20 for Smelting: that means if you only trained up to level 3 of Smelter, your skill is at 50 but you still can not learn level 4 recipes.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Brugge
Thanks folks, that does explain a lot.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post