Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Avenues for Improvement

PFOFIREFIGHTER
Jakaal
You've convinced me. I'm out.

You and many others. It seems the griefers will pillage and burn the game to the ground before they move on to the next game. If Albion and Crowfall are so great then they should go haunt their communities.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Jakaal

You and many others. It seems the griefers will pillage and burn the game to the ground before they move on to the next game. If Albion and Crowfall are so great then they should go haunt their communities.

Again, your library was pillaged due to the failure of your leadership, and not a result of griefing but the proper use of the feud mechanics.

Maybe PFO is, remarkably, not care bear enough for you? There is Hello Kitty Online Battle Arena edition, where you can blow soap bubbles at each other, but you lose 1000 rep if you get it in your opponent's eyes. Soap in the eyes is only allowed in the Hardcore Mode arena.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Jakaal

Again, your library was pillaged due to the failure of your leadership, and not a result of griefing but the proper use of the feud mechanics.

Maybe PFO is, remarkably, not care bear enough for you? There is Hello Kitty Online Battle Arena edition, where you can blow soup bubbles at each other, but you lose 1000 rep if you get it in your opponent's eyes. Soup in the eyes is only allowed in the Hardcore Mode arena.
Do you get off by driving people from the game? Or do you just roleplay an asshole?
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Jakaal

Maybe PFO is, remarkably, not care bear enough for you? There is Hello Kitty Online Battle Arena edition, where you can blow soap bubbles at each other, but you lose 1000 rep if you get it in your opponent's eyes. Soap in the eyes is only allowed in the Hardcore Mode arena.
Do you get off by driving people from the game? Or do you just roleplay an asshole?

So says the Troll… Hey some how I missed that "Twice Marked of the Coward" in the kick starter, so I don't hide behind an alternate name for my anonymous internet name. Lol, truly pathetic.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

PFOFIREFIGHTER
If Albion and Crowfall are so great then go haunt their communities. If they have so many players you should get started driving them out now.

PS: Hows Unnamed Company going? Actually keep more than 2 players for a week? Your forums look very busy smile
Fanndis Goldbraid
Albion and Crowfall will have the exact same player participation curves every other MMO has had as the charts Ryan has posted. There is no doubt about that. I too am struggling keeping myself occupied, but I certainly won't be dipping my toes in the toxic cesspools either of those two will be.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
PFOFIREFIGHTER
If Albion and Crowfall are so great then go haunt their communities. If they have so many players you should get started driving them out now.

PS: Hows Unnamed Company going? Actually keep more than 2 players for a week? Your forums look very busy smile

Our TS server population is actually pretty active for with TT groups on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturdays. I anticipate our numbers will grow even more on TS, we have 15 players just waiting for Sword Coast Legends.

Our numbers here in PFO have actually grown, not including GPS, and I'd say as well as can be expected. None of us, I'm certain, have 40 accounts to inflate our numbers.

As for Albion and later Crowfall, I already have groups to play with and I'm not sure how many other UNC members are interested in those games. My Crowfall group is integrated into UNC's Sword Coast Legends group. You see, as interest in PFO declined we shifted UNC to be diversified across many games and a few different platforms.

But, you it seems should be more concerned with holding on in PFO, you appear to be losing. I haven't read any posts by Golgothans complaining about war weariness or suggestions that then may leave because…you know….PvP in a PvP game.

Midnight
Jakaal
See that is exactly what I'm talking about, you're willing to destroy the only group that has been willing to play with you. What are ya'll going to do if they pack up and yield the field to you? Fight amongst yourselves or go down the path Zycor was on?
This is my biggest problem with PvP types. You forget this is a game and both sides need to have fun to keep the game going. That doesn't happen often however when an opponent turns away from the fight or never wanted to fight at all, thats when more pile on to destroy the "noob" or "carebear".

A) There is every chance that this is just a swing of the pendulum and that they will find coping mechanisms to adapt.

B) There is a great deal of PvE I can do while waiting for the next SENSOU/Phaeros/GPS to show up and challenge me.

C) We absolutely CAN fight each other in a friendly civil war if we choose. Some of us would PREFER to fight people who enjoy it (us), if we were to ever rid ourselves of real enemies and upstart challengers.

D) Both sides *are* supposed to have fun, but one side is supposed to win every once in a while. I remember the first 2 weekends after targeting got fixed. The first weekend 9 of us ROLLED superior numbers and took a bunch of towers. The next weekend the EBA pulled it together and rolled us. I think we enjoyed both weekends, and I remember congratulating Phaeros in their forum after that second weekend.

E) There is no reason a company/settlement/bloc can't keep playing this game after losing all their holdings. We seem to be MONTHS away from people being able to lose a settlement, but even then the players still have their accounts, their companies, their influence, their contacts, their reputations, their gold, etc. They only leave the game if they CHOOSE to. Being wedded to a settlement is just silly in a sandbox where you can lose it.

I play Ark, where every time I log in I may have lost everything I've gathered and built. I *have* woken up naked and homeless on some Ark servers, just to start building all over again. Some of the EBA play Ark, and they've confided in their own horrible losses there, too.

I suspect they are more resilient than you suspect, and that the only thing that will really cause them to leave is not liking G.W.'s decision when they demand 23/7 benefits with even less risk than the 1 hour a day PvP windows we currently have. THAT is out of my hands, because it is THEIR choice if they want to adapt or not, if they don't get what they demand from GW.

They hope to gather their massive blob together very rarely to get everything they want (and they want a LOT). I think they should CONSTANTLY earn their territorial aspirations, just as I have to. If I want a holding every day of the week, I have to be prepared to fight for it (or arrange for someone else to defend it) every day of the week. That strikes me as eminently reasonable. But I *DO* favor the ability to pack up holdings, for weekend warriors who don't want to defend every day. That seems eminently reasonable, too.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
Jakaal
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Having the wrong leaders has consequences.

This isn't about leadership, this is the differences between PvE and PvP players. Yes they tried to step in and engage in PvP but it tends to not be nearly as fun or at least as often if you're just doing it on the side as opposed to it being your main enjoyment of a game. The PvEer engaging in PvP tries to do something else and the PvPer keeps right on PvPing. Leaving the PvEer nothing else to do if they are not wanting to PvP right then but to leave the game.
This IS one of the things I think GW has failed on, they want to bridge the gap between PvPers and PvEers but I'm not seeing shit that actually attempts to do that. Not effectively anyway.

It *is* about their leadership. I was on at 2 a.m. this morning and said in comms: "I wouldn't do this for just anyone, ya know. But these guys have really really earned it". Also GW is probably doing an excellent job of balancing PvP and PvE, since The Coal Road believes (and I agree) that THEY are the winners of the forever war.

EoX NEEDS to catch up on PvE, but we can't do that with a settlement constantly poking the hornet's nest and constantly trying to undermine our every move in the game and on the forums. So we PvP them, and those of us who are smart also PvE in between PvP windows, especially on weekends.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Edam
There is always the option to not have holdings at all once you have enough bulk resources built up. You will of course still get feuded by people justs for lulz who will make up some political excuse to feud you but at least you are not playing pointless capture the flag every day.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post