Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Avenues for Improvement

Phyllain
Edam
There is always the option to not have holdings at all once you have enough bulk resources built up. You will of course still get feuded by people justs for lulz who will make up some political excuse to feud you but at least you are not playing pointless capture the flag every day.

Yes keep not having holdings.
Midnight
The best PvP is usually our fights over Escalations.

A no-holdings opponent would still be feuded and could still find themselves involved in constant meaningful PvP.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Midnight
The best PvP is usually our fights over Escalations.

A no-holdings opponent would still be feuded and could still find themselves involved in constant meaningful PvP.

+1

Meaningful PvP can also be had while losing reputation as well. A feud in and of itself does not add or take away from meaningfulness.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Midnight
Agreed, but when you know who you'll be fighting in advance, there's little reason to accept rep loss.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Bringslite
I suppose that a War, without available holdings to attack, might actually look like a Feud. Unless the actual defender's settlement is considered an "enemy controlled hex" and opens it to ALL related companies.

That would still just be War for the low price of 10 Influence.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Yrme
Bringslite
I suppose that a War, without available holdings to attack, might actually look like a Feud. Unless the actual defender's settlement is considered an "enemy controlled hex" and opens it to ALL related companies.

The sooner they switch the price for wars to DI, the better. Feuds should not allow sister companies to get involved (not without rep hits). Wars should cost DI and allow sister companies to jump in make all companies of the settlement legitimate targets, as well as switching settlement guards to on.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Yrme
Bringslite

The sooner they switch the price for wars to DI, the better. Feuds should not allow sister companies to get involved (not without rep hits). Wars should cost DI and allow sister companies to jump in make all companies of the settlement legitimate targets, as well as switching settlement guards to on.

If you recall settlement guards are only significantly strong when the PvP window is closed, durjng the open PvP window they were supposed to be either weak or non existent.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Bringslite
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Yrme
Bringslite

If you recall settlement guards are only significantly strong when the PvP window is closed, durjng the open PvP window they were supposed to be either weak or non existent.

Actually, I don't recall that bolded part. Could you throw up a reference plz?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Yrme
Bringslite

Old Blogs or one of their Comments on the Paizo forums. The discussion was that the guards would have different strength during or outside of PvP windows. Since we are likely months away from war mechanics, I'm sure the will go back over it or discard the original idea.

Bringslite
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Bringslite
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Yrme
Bringslite

Old Blogs or one of their Comments on the Paizo forums. The discussion was that the guards would have different strength during or outside of PvP windows. Since we are likely months away from war mechanics, I'm sure the will go back over it or discard the original idea.

I do vaguely remember something about that. Just not sure what. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post