Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Rebooting the game world

Thod-Theodum
From me a clear NO

- starter packs that you paid and have been used - are they reinstated?
- do I start with 500+K and a club - no thank you
- there never was much of a grind if you 'just played' - I'm currently experiencing a self inflicted grind. Thod was my gatherer - but to get to T3 Dowser Theodum is better as he is elf and sage - so I do grind 1000 nodes that I have on a different character.
- the main advantage for a reboot while keeping XP is that players with lots of time will have a HUGE advantage. They have the time to grind quickly. Customers with less time and more accounts and money are most handicapped. What I liked in the game is that there are many older, reasoned players - a reboot is to throw them under the bus in preference of 20 year students as they can afford the race to quickly build
- I've seen a first to the flag with Nhur Athemon. Did this really work for everyone? This is how settlements will be decided if you start from TK and it is first to post
- The current raw materials can't cope. People forget that hexes got depleted day 1 and 2 and at that time they contained A LOT more raw materials. Reboot would end up in scorched lands unless you really allow unlimited resources for at least a week - again giving players an advantage who can put in 24/7 playing during week one
- my advice in case of reboot - take a week holiday and play, play play to stay up in an ultra competitive environment that would be - or don't bother and quit
- work planned for month - like the EL library - will be wiped. What tells me that this won't happen again in a years time

These are just a few reasons against - I likely can find multiple more.

An absolute clear NO. This is a completely interconnected game. A reboot doesn't just reboot a single character. You rip apart a whole network that was build up. It is this network that players take for granted and that is often invisible that will cause outcry and mass leaving the game - not before reboot but in the first month of reboot.

Best plan for 20K new players as I wouldnt be suprised that half the people trying the reboot will leave in month one.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Thod-Theodum
In my view anyone who thinks one large change (new game engine, better graphics, reboot of the game world) miraciously fixes this game deludes him/herself.
This game is like a big super tanker - you can't change course in an instant - at the same time changes in course happen on a constant basis. I therefore generated a new thread.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Drogon
NO reboot - #addGushers

What is a donkey shrine?
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Edam
Drogon
What is a donkey shrine?

Maybe This
Gariwald
Thod-Theodum
From me a clear NO

- there never was much of a grind if you 'just played' - I'm currently experiencing a self inflicted grind. Thod was my gatherer - but to get to T3 Dowser Theodum is better as he is elf and sage - so I do grind 1000 nodes that I have on a different character.
- the main advantage for a reboot while keeping XP is that players with lots of time will have a HUGE advantage. They have the time to grind quickly. Customers with less time and more accounts and money are most handicapped. What I liked in the game is that there are many older, reasoned players - a reboot is to throw them under the bus in preference of 20 year students as they can afford the race to quickly build
- I've seen a first to the flag with Nhur Athemon. Did this really work for everyone? This is how settlements will be decided if you start from TK and it is first to post
- The current raw materials can't cope. People forget that hexes got depleted day 1 and 2 and at that time they contained A LOT more raw materials. Reboot would end up in scorched lands unless you really allow unlimited resources for at least a week - again giving players an advantage who can put in 24/7 playing during week one
- my advice in case of reboot - take a week holiday and play, play play to stay up in an ultra competitive environment that would be - or don't bother and quit
- work planned for month - like the EL library - will be wiped. What tells me that this won't happen again in a years time

An absolute clear NO. This is a completely interconnected game. A reboot doesn't just reboot a single character. You rip apart a whole network that was build up. It is this network that players take for granted and that is often invisible that will cause outcry and mass leaving the game - not before reboot but in the first month of reboot.

Best plan for 20K new players as I wouldnt be suprised that half the people trying the reboot will leave in month one.

You do realise you will eventually lose everything, just like everybody will ? That's one of the core concepts of the game. One day, somebody will destroy you. And everybody else.
Midnight
But, the previous 8 months will have had MEANING.

We were supposed to crowdforge a world, including its history.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Gariwald
Midnight

Except a cataclysm was supposed to happen from the get to go, which he knew perfectly, even though Ryan changed his mind along the way. Which he could do again.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Gariwald
Midnight

Except a cataclysm was supposed to happen from the get to go, which he knew perfectly, even though Ryan changed his mind along the way. Which he could do again.
I missed him changing his mind. do you have a reference for that? Or is this, once again, someone saying that the cataclysm was intended to be a server wipe when they never indicated any such thing.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Avari
Thod-Theodum
From me a clear NO

None of that would be affected by a map re-size. A map re-size would only affect the settlements and it wouldn't be too hard to just give out holding kits.
ZomoZ
No xp reset
No items reset
I am highly invested in the success of this game, with ~ 40,000 gathering nodes clicked and thousands of hours spent getting every t2 and t1 recipie and ungating 16 characters to use

I have worked hard and invested thousands of dollars and hours into this game. My a accounts would be for sale if reset

Map size change? I could live with that.
A second and more practical way for this to happen is mounts
Let people ride 2x sprint speed and bam, map size is effectively cut in half.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post