Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Rebooting the game world

Edam
Yeah one of the reasons for me only subbing to the end of 2015 was the very real risk that something like a reboot will see me subbed to a game I have no interest in playing - or at least replaying over again.

If nothing else I truly detest cookie cutter min maxed characters trained to a plan and always let my characters "evolve" organically based on what they need at the time or experience or find. In TT i have been often called upon to design min/max characters for other people and have no issues with that but it has no interest for me personally. A reboot with a years XP is pretty much saying "hey here is your chance to min max an optimal character" something I have no interest in.
tribuzio
Edam
A reboot with a years XP is pretty much saying "hey here is your chance to min max an optimal character" something I have no interest in.

With the added corollary: "If you don't min/max you will be at a huge disadvantage until a major rebalancing patch change something. At that time everyone that had min/maxed will start to cry that they have been nerfed and that they have the right to a new respeck." If you give out a respeck the requests will never stop.

It is possible to give limited reimbursements "The skill X has been completely changed, so we give back the XP spent in it." (and even that can generate huge problems) but non full characters redoing.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post