Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The game world reboots on a constant basis

Giorgio
Rynnik
The server reboots every single day. smile

Maybe YOUR usage of the term is ill founded.

The servers go down for maintenance every day, it doesn't reset the game to its original EE1 state every day. But you already know that. smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Rynnik
Giorgio
Rynnik
The server reboots every single day. smile

Maybe YOUR usage of the term is ill founded.

The servers go down for maintenance every day, it doesn't reset the game to its original EE1 state every day. But you already know that. smile
Still known as a reboot. smile

My point here is that rather then picking at thod's terminology you might want to examine your own. smile
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Giorgio
Rynnik
My point here is that rather then picking at thod's terminology you might want to examine your own. smile

re-boot

I am sure that I am using the terminology correctly as a verb (with object).

All of Thod's examples where of changes to the game, not a fresh restart of the game.

I agree with his points, but I disagree which his choice of thread title, precisely because he wrote the OP in response to this ongoing thread.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Rynnik
Giorgio
Rynnik

re-boot

I am sure that I am using the terminology correctly as a verb (with object).

All of Thod's examples where of changes to the game, not a fresh restart of the game.

I agree with his points, but I disagree which his choice of thread title, precisely because he wrote the OP in response to this ongoing thread.
When you restart a computer does it come back in a different state then what it was in when you turned it off?

I bet if it did you would go get a new one.

Instead you will find the same files to access, the same short cuts I your desktop, and the same online banking info saved on it. smile

What you are suggesting for PFO would be closer to reformatting. Lol
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Pedantism is always helpful to a conversation.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Rynnik
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Much like moderation.
Thod-Theodum
Giorgio

@Giorgio
Did it ever occur to you that I deliberately misused the thread title because it is a reply to the threat you mention. And in this thread I have been told off because I discuss a reboot as you use the word and I'm told but all the OP asks for is to make the map shorter.
Call it click-bait, the title was deliberate because it is a counter thread to the other thread and this is more obvious by using the same word.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Rynnik
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Much like moderation.
You seem to have mistaken thinking one particular person is an ass for forum moderation.
Rynnik
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Rynnik
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Much like moderation.
You seem to have mistaken thinking one particular person is an ass for forum moderation.
But, but Caldeathe your STANDARDS you big hypocrite you.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Rynnik
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Rynnik
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Much like moderation.
But, but Caldeathe your STANDARDS you big hypocrite you.
I always said I try. I never said I'm successful all the time. I also specified there are limits on it.

I disagree with lots of people here, lots of the time, from Nihimon to Phyllain, and Decius to Doc. In not one of those disagreements have any of us ever implied that the other person was stupid or spouted gibberish at them because we failed to understand each others points, nor have any of us ever used another person's name as an insult when we weren't able to follow a point.

You lost my respect, Rynnick. I honestly believe you are an egotistical, self-centered, ass, who is used to getting his own way by bullying other people into either agreeing with him, falling silent, or leaving. In over thirty years of internet and BBS participation, I've only once had a person PM me and ask me to stop responding to their posts. I don't think that was polite. I think it was an insidious attempt to stifle someone who isn't afraid to disagree with you.

This is where you usually throw my name out as though you have some power over me. It's Kent, in case you've forgotten, or don't have your list handy of people you'd like to crush when you get the chance.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post