Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The game world reboots on a constant basis

Caldeathe Baequiannia
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Caldeathe Baequiannia
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Someone needs a timeout.
Coming from you that might be the funniest thing anyone's heard this week.

You are just a bitter person. For some reason you (a non-factor) wish to think you matter. You don't.
Actually, unlike some, I know I don't matter. This game will do just fine without me, or Nihimon, or you.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
MidknightDiamond
Caldeathe Baequiannia
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Caldeathe Baequiannia
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Someone needs a timeout.

You are just a bitter person. For some reason you (a non-factor) wish to think you matter. You don't.
Actually, unlike some, I know I don't matter. This game will do just fine without me, or Nihimon, or you.
+1 to Cal - same thing here, just another virtual body in a (potential) sea of bodies. I know this isn't terribly constructive but I just had to say how much I appreciated his response in this exchange.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Tigari
This game could not survive without Tig, and the Tansy Leaf Cartel!
MidknightDiamond
Tigari
This game could not survive without Tig, and the Tansy Leaf Cartel!

Aww! *hugs*

You know, it's funny - I know you're scary stabby person in PVP, but I can't help wanting to hug and squish you. I'm making you my Tig-Bear Minion. Heh.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Baron Malthius
Giorgio
Rynnik
My point here is that rather then picking at thod's terminology you might want to examine your own. smile

re-boot

I am sure that I am using the terminology correctly as a verb (with object).

All of Thod's examples where of changes to the game, not a fresh restart of the game.

I agree with his points, but I disagree which his choice of thread title, precisely because he wrote the OP in response to this ongoing thread.

Pretty much. Thod's comments, along with mine and the posts that I quoted when I made this thread where made clearly within that context. In each case the understood meaning was that when we were talking reboot, we meant flushing the current map and its contents and starting over fresh.

Perhaps a different word could have been chosen for the title, but the message and context would have remained the same.
Giorgio
Thod-Theodum
@Giorgio
Did it ever occur to you that I deliberately misused the thread title because it is a reply to the threat you mention. And in this thread I have been told off because I discuss a reboot as you use the word and I'm told but all the OP asks for is to make the map shorter.
Call it click-bait, the title was deliberate because it is a counter thread to the other thread and this is more obvious by using the same word.

@Thod,
No it never occurred to me that you where deliberately being misleading in your title and doing a "click-bait" thread; it is not something I have ever recalled you doing before, especially since you seem to be very clear in your communication and word choices.

Who ever "told you off" was probably being very disrespectful and abrasive, unfortunately we have a few posters who lack basic manners and human decency; it wasn't me. smile

I clearly stated my opinion that I disagreed with your choice of thread title, and that I understood and acknowledged your viewpoint/examples.

I do apologize for making the error of responding to Rynnik's post and it leading to derailing your thread; I will try to not do so in the future.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Thod-Theodum
@Giorgio
I could have phrased it more positively and avoided in my reply the words 'click-bait' as well as 'misleading'. I was using the title as contrast to the existing thread and by using a similar title to get the interest of people in the other thread to view this thread as well seeing any inaccuracies in the title as a minor price for that.

@Baron Mathius
Thanks for the clarification as I assumed originally that you also talked about a true 'reboot' but then someone answering to my feedback nearly convinced me all you wanted was a smaller map and therefore all my arguments actually were mute as they argued against a reboot and not against a smaller map.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Caldeathe Baequiannia
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Caldeathe Baequiannia
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Someone needs a timeout.

For someone that knows they don't matter you seem awfully compelled to put your 2 cents in during every conversation and exchange. If you understand you don't matter, maybe don't try to inject yourself. Just sit in the corner like a good boy and behave.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Caldeathe Baequiannia
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Caldeathe Baequiannia
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Someone needs a timeout.

For someone that knows they don't matter you seem awfully compelled to put your 2 cents in during every conversation and exchange. If you understand you don't matter, maybe don't try to inject yourself. Just sit in the corner like a good boy and behave.
Is this because I didn't support your rant about griefers driving people from the game? Here's a fact. I care less about the opinions of people who hide behind anonymity than I do about people I dislike. Quite a bit less, actually.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
PFOFIREFIGHTER
No. It's about exactly what I said.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post