Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Quitting

Dreaden
Zycor down, rip in peace.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Drogon
Another Lost Sub
I spent my whole day looking for people found 1 guy and he was a gathering alt. He managed to outrun me into guards and I died. I then spawned inside of a city, 2 hexes away and was killed over and over by guards.

I really don't know why I played this game, I think it was because the whole EVE-clone thing.

I'd rather spend my RL time in a more productive manner, then sitting here all day talking in general chat and looking for people in the wild.

Every suggestion I've made has been met with harsh criticism. I realized this game has a smug community, full of people I don't like to play with. The community is driving the bus off a cliff, and I don't want to be on it. I wanted to help with the EoX war but nobody pvps. This game is dead in it's current state people login for 2 things, Wrath Hexes, and Tower wars.

There's other games to play. Peace noobs.

Just curious, if you had supposedly declared a war on EoX starting with Callambea, a) why did you not place a feud against them using GPS and b) why were you near Keepers pass and brighthaven at the time trying to gank gatherers instead of outside the Callambea area?

He probably didn't feud because GPS didn't have the 100 influence to begin a feud. If feuds only cost, after rebate, 10 influence than why not make that the cost?

Small and of new companies don't have the available influence to participate in PvP without having to choose to take the reputation hit. Then there is the issue, which I only recently thought of, of PFU intaking most new players, keeping them for 90 days and banking most of their available influence. By the time they are graduated, they have significantly less influence to contribute in the short term.

That is an issue that needs to be discussed as a community.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Bringslite
"Then there is the issue, which I only recently thought of, of PFU intaking most new players, keeping them for 90 days and banking most of their available influence. By the time they are graduated, they have significantly less influence to contribute in the short term.

That is an issue that needs to be discussed as a community. "

Really? Just now? If you speak against PFU's methods (not their intentions), expect a goodly amount of shouting. That's what happened to some….
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
He probably didn't feud because GPS didn't have the 100 influence to begin a feud. If feuds only cost, after rebate, 10 influence than why not make that the cost?
Because a handful of brand new characters can have ten influence in under an hour. A single player could probably do it in less than a day. The mechanism is intended to avoid abuse of the feud process.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Because a handful of brand new characters can have ten influence in under an hour. A single player could probably do it in less than a day. The mechanism is intended to avoid abuse of the feud process.

So instead they have to wait how many weeks to accumulate 100 influence? Besides I don't see it as abuse, I see it as playing the game as intended. If the PvP outside of feuds, they are hit harder as new characters by the reputation system.

So basically new players are being told, "Welcone to this new Sandbox MMO with Open World PvP, but you can't PvP without being punished."

Game vision fail or false advertising?

Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Doc

It has already been discussed and debated by the community, you just weren't around for it.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Doc

It has already been discussed and debated by the community, you just weren't around for it.

And what were the issues raised and the outcome?

As new companies are formed and need 100 influence just to initiate a feud, steering most of the new player characters to PFU denies those companies the opportunity to participate in sanctioned PvP, by perhaps weeks or more.

Caldeathe Baequiannia
There are some problems with PFU, but until someone is prepared to do better, they are are providing a useful service to the game. The more people talk about what their problems are, the more opportunities they have to decide if they want to change.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Smitty
Just an idea for PFU if they read this …

Ask when you get a recruit if they think they would ever be interested in running a company.
Let them create the company and assign it to PFU while they are their ( the settlement tag still shows as you guys)
They can invite other PFU get characters to join, ( or make others..) when they leave PFU they take the company and influence with them to their new destination.
Midnight
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon

When I suggested feuds ought not cost ANY influence because it disadvantages newcomers, the community indicated they didn't trust newcomers to not just want sanctioned PvP for griefing.

Zycor is sort of proof that they were right and I was wro wro wro whatever.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post