Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Quitting

MidknightDiamond
Smitty
Just an idea for PFU if they read this …

Ask when you get a recruit if they think they would ever be interested in running a company.
Let them create the company and assign it to PFU while they are their ( the settlement tag still shows as you guys)
They can invite other PFU get characters to join, ( or make others..) when they leave PFU they take the company and influence with them to their new destination.

Dreamless and New Valhalla Foundries.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Thod-Theodum
This might sound controversial - but unfortunately I have to say I'm glad Zycor is gone.

Any loss of a player is sad. A loss of an engaged player is an even worse blow to the game. As such the best would have been if Zycor would have adapted and stayed in the game. This community went out of their way to accommodate him. Aurora offered holdings and outposts (this offer was withdrawn because Zycor didn't change), I did offer bulk goods. At 50 cp we are talking 5 gp worth of bulk I offered. Aragon offered them a place for a company.

Unfortunately he never adapted but rather carried on with his sometimes toxic ways.

Zycor was having potential to become a great force to make the game better and the community was ready to help him doing this.

Zycor in my opinion did chose to rather follow his own selfish ways of play in a way that rather diminishes the fun of others. Because of his decision to follow the road of destruction instead of becoming a positive part of the game (yes, there is a need for evil and bandits - but not at any cost) I'm not sad he left.

The tragedy are all the silent players who might have left because of his antics. We will never know if they existed or how many there might have been as they never voiced their opinion as openly. They just disappeared quietly.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Quijenoth Starkiller
Drogon
Just curious, if you had supposedly declared a war on EoX starting with Callambea, a) why did you not place a feud against them using GPS and b) why were you near Keepers pass and brighthaven at the time trying to gank gatherers instead of outside the Callambea area?

Yesterday he was inviting to group any name he saw in general that he recognized as EoX in the hopes of tracking us down.

Someone took him up on the offer who was down south (shortly after he was kicked from the group), at the time he was near Iron gauntlet. He headed that way for some PvP, didnt find them so picked on a random gatherer.

Perhaps if he had followed through on his battle plan he would have had better luck, we cleared 2 monster hexes around Callambea last night…
Quijenoth Starkiller Viceroy of Callambea
Company Leader of Beyond the Grave - www.beyond-pfo.com
Crafting Planner
Rufus
Another Lost Sub
I spent my whole day looking for people found 1 guy and he was a gathering alt. He managed to outrun me into guards and I died. I then spawned inside of a city, 2 hexes away and was killed over and over by guards./quote]

Just a correction, your character Tyrone didn't spawn in the city after Drake lured you into an outpost during it's PvP window (which was quite innovative I thought), you spawned in or near the hex you died in (Brighthaven 5,5). You then attacked me in Keepers Pass, right outside the bank (going red in the process). The Thornguards and I then killed you a couple of times but that is as intended; the game dissuades you from attacking in town without actually making it impossible. You were also online outside of peak playing hours when you were only likely to find a few EU players online so no wonder you only found one person outside town. Maybe you should have asked Elsworth for advice on hunting, he always seemed to be quite good at locating us!

Rufus
Zycor
@ Doc

The devs are making this game for a gamer group that I despise. People that login for zerg "large scale" pvp for attacking holdings, hexes, settlements. The biggest problem in the MMO industry and culture is zerging. It's a really simple thought process to understand why games cater towards zergs. Gamers clump up into social groups/guild and eventually massive gaming organizations. It's easier as a business to target these gaming organizations/groups of players for sales. The devs of this game are no different, they'd rather please the many as opposed to the few, this is the case with almost every socially structured monetary decision in the world. It's just a fact of how we live as humans. Majority rules.

My playstyle is a minority in almost every game, except in EVE and Darkfall. Small group roaming/roach pvp is viable. In PFO I get put in the penalty box for 1 week every time I go out and have fun. I go onto the forums to complain like every other gamer/customer, to be met with counter-statements from everyone. I get labeled a noob killer for liking PVP and for ganking players in the open. There's just no place for someone like me in this game, they'll never listen to my woes, they'll always be countered/snuffed out by the larger companies wants and needs. For example, I find that it's nearly impossible to find people in the wild. I think there should be a tracking/dscan option to help find players in the wilderness. But the community will just say I'm supporting griefing if I make a suggestion like that.

I find this game to simply be a waste of time, me posting, reading the forums is just a waste of time.

@Rufus

Actually I died in Callambea to guards and spawned there and died twice more. I'm a griefer right, I get what I deserve.

@Drogon

I really was trying to help Decius/Nihimon. Golgotha only has #s when they call a PVP op. They are vulnerable to attack during EUTZ. EBA just sit there while Golgotha makes a mess. My friends need a reason to play this game, a war is it. I can't convince them to login for a game of hide and seek.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Midnight
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
He probably didn't feud because GPS didn't have the 100 influence to begin a feud. If feuds only cost, after rebate, 10 influence than why not make that the cost?

When I suggested feuds ought not cost ANY influence because it disadvantages newcomers, the community indicated they didn't trust newcomers to not just want sanctioned PvP for griefing.

Zycor is sort of proof that they were right and I was wro wro wro whatever.

You really can't have "sanctioned griefing", not even against new subs / characters in the starter zone. Feuds and their cost creates the "Sanctioned" condition. Griefing thus far in this community only applies to killing new characters in the starter zone, spawn camping (as per Lisa, but it appears this in common practice for EBA and EoX), and company dropping mid combat during a feud (also common practice for some).

So yes there is some griefing going on, but there are more instances of it coming from veteran players than I believe new players.

It sounds more like the veteran community is afraid of a new group coming in and interjecting itself into the power struggle.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Decius
Personally, I'm more worried that there won't be any new groups coming in and having power struggles.
Tink says Stab
Decius
Personally, I'm more worried that there won't be any new groups coming in and having power struggles.

Ain't that the truth. 3 way fights are much, much more interesting than 2 way fights. I would gladly welcome in another Golgotha like power.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tink says Stab
Decius

Ain't that the truth. 3 way fights are much, much more interesting than 2 way fights. I would gladly welcome in another Golgotha like power.

That is kind of hard to do with the current hinderances a new company faces to entry into sanctioned and well supported PvP.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Tink says Stab
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
That is kind of hard to do with the current hinderances a new company faces to entry into sanctioned and well supported PvP.

Ain't that the truth! The game sucks as a new player, especially in the first month. Your T1 gear sucks, your industrialists are useless, you basically have to play second fiddle for a T2 group.

I mean, if you are OK with playing second fiddle it isn't too bad, but otherwise you might as well literally just sub for a month and not play.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post