Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Quitting

Rufus
Another Lost Sub
@Rufus

Actually I died in Callambea to guards and spawned there and died twice more. I'm a griefer right, I get what I deserve.

OK then I apologise, I had assumed you were referring to the incidents at Keepers Pass since it followed immediately on from your comment about finding one gatherer.

Personally I think the mechanics work well in town. It is hard to attack people in town but not impossible. You won't win a fair fight under those circumstances but might manage to assassinate the odd person AFK near the edge of town or even at the bank if you can run quickly. This makes towns relatively safe but with some risk still. My comments weren't in support of or against your play style, just outlining why I feel the balance in town is about right. If you die in town and are red, I agree that you should re-spawn outside town. This has been discussed before and I think it was widely agreed.
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tink says Stab
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
That is kind of hard to do with the current hinderances a new company faces to entry into sanctioned and well supported PvP.

Ain't that the truth! The game sucks as a new player, especially in the first month. Your T1 gear sucks, your industrialists are useless, you basically have to play second fiddle for a T2 group.

I mean, if you are OK with playing second fiddle it isn't too bad, but otherwise you might as well literally just sub for a month and not play.

Not to mention the fact that the reputation system unevenly hits new characters more so than veterans, and perhaps that is something that can be looked at.

Instead of reputation hit being based on the differences of reputation level of Attacker and Victim, maybe the difference in XP (overall spent + banked) would be a better system.

This will penalize new characters less vs higher level characters and the reverse, punish veterans more for preying on new characters outside of sanctioned PvP.

This will also open PvP to more players, earlier on, but when then can do less damage until they develop their characters more.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Duffy Swiftshadow
Another Lost Sub
@ Doc

The devs are making this game for a gamer group that I despise. People that login for zerg "large scale" pvp for attacking holdings, hexes, settlements. The biggest problem in the MMO industry and culture is zerging. It's a really simple thought process to understand why games cater towards zergs. Gamers clump up into social groups/guild and eventually massive gaming organizations. It's easier as a business to target these gaming organizations/groups of players for sales. The devs of this game are no different, they'd rather please the many as opposed to the few, this is the case with almost every socially structured monetary decision in the world. It's just a fact of how we live as humans. Majority rules.

My playstyle is a minority in almost every game, except in EVE and Darkfall. Small group roaming/roach pvp is viable. In PFO I get put in the penalty box for 1 week every time I go out and have fun. I go onto the forums to complain like every other gamer/customer, to be met with counter-statements from everyone. I get labeled a noob killer for liking PVP and for ganking players in the open. There's just no place for someone like me in this game, they'll never listen to my woes, they'll always be countered/snuffed out by the larger companies wants and needs. For example, I find that it's nearly impossible to find people in the wild. I think there should be a tracking/dscan option to help find players in the wilderness. But the community will just say I'm supporting griefing if I make a suggestion like that.

I find this game to simply be a waste of time, me posting, reading the forums is just a waste of time.

This section sums up everything that is wrong with the way Zycor views other people, the game, and the inherent problems embedded in his and probably some of our minds when it comes to understanding the differences between them. In all seriousness I would have assumed that the entire paragraph above is meant as a trolling attempt and not a serious discussion of a game if I did not know better (slight chance it still is). Not because of what is asked for, but because of how blatantly self centered, unrealistic, and condescending the entire statement is. While there are nuggets of truth in some of these statements, as a whole they show an incredible misunderstanding of how people and games tend to work. No actual discussion can take place because the subject in question is not interested in a discussion, they are interested in their desires and only their desires coming to fruition without any serious consideration for what that would require or how it would affect the game and others.

This is an intellectual trap we should all do our best to not likewise fall into it.
Thod-Theodum
@Duffy

+1
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Smeltbane
Another Lost Sub
I spent my whole day looking for people found 1 guy and he was a gathering alt. He managed to outrun me into guards and I died. I then spawned inside of a city, 2 hexes away and was killed over and over by guards.

I really don't know why I played this game, I think it was because the whole EVE-clone thing.

I'd rather spend my RL time in a more productive manner, then sitting here all day talking in general chat and looking for people in the wild.

Every suggestion I've made has been met with harsh criticism. I realized this game has a smug community, full of people I don't like to play with. The community is driving the bus off a cliff, and I don't want to be on it. I wanted to help with the EoX war but nobody pvps. This game is dead in it's current state people login for 2 things, Wrath Hexes, and Tower wars.

There's other games to play. Peace noobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2rr3M5ZjAA
If that "Harvesting Alt" was me, I'm not exactly an Alt. I was even featured in a somewhat recent Paizo Blog. Between my Armor and Speed you weren't catching me, or killing me with the minimal damage you were doing. It was your choice to follow me to the Outpost where the guards obviously didn't like you.
Demoyn
A lot of you guys are really nonchalant about Zycor's announcement. I mean, he WAS about a tenth of your player base. Hell… he had six accounts, so if you take that into consideration he may have been closer to half of your player base.
Yrme
Demoyn
A lot of you guys are really nonchalant about Zycor's announcement. I mean, he WAS about a tenth of your player base. Hell… he had six accounts, so if you take that into consideration he may have been closer to half of your player base.

With 6 accounts, he might be approaching the size of Tyncale's, Stache's, or Cheatle's personal "player" base. For whatever reason, he might talk of quitting, then he shows up in chat again. So when he say's he's quitting, we nod, say "whatever", and get on with our day. He'll say it again in a week or so.
At some point, crowdforging suggestions seem to be like fan fiction. Some good, some bad, some repetitious and predictable. But maybe there are some gems out there.
Bringslite
Demoyn

Yeah well just like we can't expect players that really abhor PVP (at any level or frequency) to stay around, we can't really tolerate "PVP Gone Wild" either. Settlements and companies are not operating alone in empty space. There are consequences that can/will be applied to settlements that cater to "Wild Children".

Now even if those settlements are large enough to ignore such consequences, they are also tied heavily into the game being a success. Unfortunately for Zycor, there are no or almost no settlements that ignore common sense. In a way, and not meant to be mean, the way that Zycor has played up to now is a bit like an infection. If you let it go, it gets worse and causes lots of damage.

He has been offered help and lots of good advice. He doesn't want it yet. That is his choice and no one's fault except his.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
PrimaDonna
Demoyn

People are nonchalant because it WAS Zycor. He frequently states one thing and does the opposite. I see he is still posting on these forums, I see him still in the game doing his usual things.

This from a guy who publicly declared he was committing game seppuku and was done and was selling his accounts.

Zycor = credibility shot to hell.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Demoyn
Lisa said half the existing subs would pay for the servers, and the existing subs would pay for the servers and three devs, which means half the existing subs is enough to pay for three senior developers. Conservatively, that indicates they are receiving at least 10-15k/month. I hope ZyCor doesn't leave, but it's pretty much given that a few will, and six accounts is not going to break the game. Especially if he sells them at firesale prices and someone else subs them. Even Tyncale leaving would not, of itself, be a reason for excitement, though it would be worse and make me a little sad.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post