Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Quitting

Tyncale
Actually, when I sell my accounts, you may get 15 new subscribers when the buyer starts selling of the Adventurer rewards. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Zycor
There's no way there are that many subs. I do want to sell my accounts. I did unsub. I really don't like any of you people. Reminds me of all the cultists who drank the kool-aid in Jonestown lol. You guys are carebears. You expect to play this game without any sort of consequence for your actions. You should always be at risk farming outside of "safe" areas. Instead you qq and cry when you get ganked. You call it griefing. You call me a noob killer. Most people don't even know what griefing really is.

I wanted this game to be good.

I wanted this game to be a sandbox MMO with corpse loot PVP.

I wanted this game to have meaningful small and large scale pvp combat.

I wanted this game to be like EVE.

I read/followed Ryan Dancey, and I think this game is hopeless without him.

I gave this game time and money. Lots actually. More than a lot of you.

I rage quit after realizing that you nerds just counter / shit post me just for being me.

What killed this game for me was the fact that it caters towards table top gamers instead of MMO players. Large MMO guilds, don't like playing 75% done alpha games. Especially with the current MMO market where you can play Alpha games without a sub fee. This game didn't want it to be a murder simulator, but that's what it needed to be. It needed to be more PVP centric rather than PVE. This game could have attracted other large organizations, gaming groups but it only attracted a few. I can't tell you how hard it was seeing other small groups of guys coming to this game play 3 days and quitting. They could have stayed, but after hearing about the broken PVP system, and seeing how bad the game actually was they quit.

I invested into this game and I was heart broken when Lisa announced the news last night. I was willing to wait it out, for game improvements, and release. I wanted to help "Crowdforge" this game. My character's planning, all the drama I was causing, and everything is probably done for. I haven't heard of any MMOs improving from being sold, other than EQ2. But this game is a niche game in a niche market, and I doubt it will change for the better of us after being sold.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Zycor
There's no way there are that many subs.
I bet there's more than that.

At a minimum of about $12.50, it only takes 1200 people to generate $15,000/month. It would surprise me greatly if there was less than $15k/month coming in in August.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Zycor
There's no way there are that many subs.
I bet there's more than that.

At a minimum of about $12.50, it only takes 1200 people to generate $15,000/month. It would surprise me greatly if there was less than $15k/month coming in in August.

A huge chink of the folks that play have prepaid. All that money is spent already.
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Zycor
There's no way there are that many subs. I do want to sell my accounts. I did unsub. I really don't like any of you people. Reminds me of all the cultists who drank the kool-aid in Jonestown lol. You guys are carebears. You expect to play this game without any sort of consequence for your actions. You should always be at risk farming outside of "safe" areas. Instead you qq and cry when you get ganked. You call it griefing. You call me a noob killer. Most people don't even know what griefing really is.

I rage quit after realizing that you nerds just counter / shit post me just for being me.

What killed this game for me was the fact that it caters towards table top gamers instead of MMO players. Large MMO guilds, don't like playing 75% done alpha games. Especially with the current MMO market where you can play Alpha games without a sub fee. This game didn't want it to be a murder simulator, but that's what it needed to be. It needed to be more PVP centric rather than PVE. This game could have attracted other large organizations, gaming groups but it only attracted a few. I can't tell you how hard it was seeing other small groups of guys coming to this game play 3 days and quitting. They could have stayed, but after hearing about the broken PVP system, and seeing how bad the game actually was they quit.

I invested into this game and I was heart broken when Lisa announced the news last night. I was willing to wait it out, for game improvements, and release. I wanted to help "Crowdforge" this game. My character's planning, all the drama I was causing, and everything is probably done for. I haven't heard of any MMOs improving from being sold, other than EQ2. But this game is a niche game in a niche market, and I doubt it will change for the better of us after being sold.

Ass
Daeglin
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Zycor

Ass

Swearing at him doesn't negate the kernels of truth in some of what he says…
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
vyal
Caldeathe Baequiannia
… I bet there's more than that.

Four salaries (@40k/annum) requires $13k/month in cash outlay. And that's a very cheap salary for the skillset required.
Given salaries/wages are typically half or more of any opex budget for companies with fewer than 50 employees, the numbers aren't so rosy.

In other words, they'd likely need double that monthly, minimum, which is.. a very large number of subs (2133+ @$12.50/sub), that I don't think are currently present. But I could be wrong. smile
Caldeathe Baequiannia
vyal
Caldeathe Baequiannia
… I bet there's more than that.

Four salaries (@40k/annum) requires $13k/month in cash outlay. And that's a very cheap salary for the skillset required.
Given salaries/wages are typically half or more of any opex budget for companies with fewer than 50 employees, the numbers aren't so rosy.

In other words, they'd likely need double that monthly, minimum, which is.. a very large number of subs (2133+ @$12.50/sub), that I don't think are currently present. But I could be wrong. smile
This is exactly my point. Lisa said the subs are bringing in enough to cover the core three plus server hosting. Either she's lying, or the game generating at least that much. I don't think she's lying. If anything, I think she's a savy enough business person to have factored in a likely number of people that are going to drop immediately, and still generate that much. She's been running her own business for longer than some of the players have been alive, and doesn't strike me as a fool.
vyal
Caldeathe Baequiannia
… This is exactly my point. Lisa said the subs are bringing in enough to cover the core three plus server hosting. Either she's lying, or the game generating at least that much. I don't think she's lying. If anything, I think she's a savy enough business person to have factored in a likely number of people that are going to drop immediately, and still generate that much. She's been running her own business for longer than some of the players have been alive, and doesn't strike me as a fool.
I think it's more likely the wages are not in the equation, that is, the developers (and/or Lisa) are working off a share/percentage/stock options arrangement that only has value if the game is a success.

My wife's cousin is a bona-fide professional game developer, and I had a chat with him about this very situation, and that was his guess.

Otherwise, there's something hinky in the ledger. smile
Caldeathe Baequiannia
vyal
Otherwise, there's something hinky in the ledger.
Only if you think there aren't more than 1500 active subscribers. I think there are easily more than that, even if more than half of them aren't currently playing. It's also possible they've reserved the excess from long-term subscriptions and are booking them as they come due, so that they have a reserve for refunds if they decide to shut-down.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post