Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Quitting

Decius
vyal
Caldeathe Baequiannia
… This is exactly my point. Lisa said the subs are bringing in enough to cover the core three plus server hosting. Either she's lying, or the game generating at least that much. I don't think she's lying. If anything, I think she's a savy enough business person to have factored in a likely number of people that are going to drop immediately, and still generate that much. She's been running her own business for longer than some of the players have been alive, and doesn't strike me as a fool.
I think it's more likely the wages are not in the equation, that is, the developers (and/or Lisa) are working off a share/percentage/stock options arrangement that only has value if the game is a success.

My wife's cousin is a bona-fide professional game developer, and I had a chat with him about this very situation, and that was his guess.

Otherwise, there's something hinky in the ledger. smile
I don't think FLSA allows that, but I could be wrong about some edge case. It's the same reason people can't work for free.
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Caldeathe Baequiannia
vyal
Otherwise, there's something hinky in the ledger.
Only if you think there aren't more than 1500 active subscribers. I think there are easily more than that, even if more than half of them aren't currently playing. It's also possible they've reserved the excess from long-term subscriptions and are booking them as they come due, so that they have a reserve for refunds if they decide to shut-down.

It's not 1500 active subscribers. It would be 1500 month to month subscribers because a big chunk of us are paid in subs for a long time. I know I don't have to think about paying a sub until mid 2016
ZomoZ
I noticed how "keep them empolyed" was worded in speech carefully.

I kinda guessed that at least not all 3 are full time
Its likely a part time gig for some

That being said I am sticking it out for the long haul
Decius
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Caldeathe Baequiannia
vyal
Otherwise, there's something hinky in the ledger.
Only if you think there aren't more than 1500 active subscribers. I think there are easily more than that, even if more than half of them aren't currently playing. It's also possible they've reserved the excess from long-term subscriptions and are booking them as they come due, so that they have a reserve for refunds if they decide to shut-down.

It's not 1500 active subscribers. It would be 1500 month to month subscribers because a big chunk of us are paid in subs for a long time. I know I don't have to think about paying a sub until mid 2016
That's 12.50 per account per month income.

The platinum accounts might not be a monthly income, but there aren't a lot of those compared to subscribers.
Bringslite
It's the next day and I am still here. Can't wait to log in. Tonight and for many times after that.

Quitting is the easiest thing to do.
-Robert Kiyosaki

Lisa Stevens doesn't do easy things.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Jakaal
Zycor
There's no way there are that many subs. I do want to sell my accounts. I did unsub.

The fact that your are still posting proves you still have at least one active account b/c you cannot post in these forums without one.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
You can turn off subs and still have some time left, since you can't stop in the middle of a month period.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post