Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

The economy - a reason not to reboot

Caldeathe Baequiannia
It would also provide a poorly-understood hit to the existing economy in the loss of influence and memberships from inactive accounts. I don't anticipate the devs giving it any strong consideration unless there comes a time with enough active accounts that it won't be a blatant drag on the game.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Dreaden
Perhaps the economy that has taken 9 months to get where it is happens to be skewed because of the lack of gear churn for the vast majority of EE? If gear was being destroyed at a regular pace we would see a much different market than what we currently have. I'm no economist, but seems plausible.
Bringslite
I would still be okay with a reboot that refunded exp only. I am pretty sure that I am an extreme minority in my settlement on that issue.

Problems:
-People have paid additional cash for abandoned settlements. What happens there?

-Most simply do not want to have to grind the achieves again. They aren't really grindy, until you do them because they are the thing holding you back from ranking up.

-The fresh start ruins the head start that a few powers had because of early turn out. Possibly mitigated by new players coming in?

-If we are doing it for those complaining they can't catch up, refunding our exp certainly won't satisfy them.

As much as I would love to retrain my toons from scratch, it would come with perhaps too much change (literally world changing) and baggage.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
To be honest any reboot would need to be accompanied by a "dumbing down" as if you deliberately trade most of your experienced players for a hopefully larger number of "log in and kill stuff" crowd you need the rush of new players to be able to get up to sped much quicker especially with crafting.
tribuzio
Saiph the Fallen
Doc
A reboot would disproportionately effect (negatively) those groups or individuals which own settlements lacking the manpower to build up the settlement again from scratch in a timely fashion.

Yet improve every other aspect of this game.

So essentially, it would be favorable for the big alliances, and dis-favorable for every other players.
Don't seem a good idea.
Improving someone position at the expense of the other players will not increase the number of players.
Edam
On the other hand a reboot retaining XP will let those people wanting to get out of the game and cash in their accounts reap a much bigger profit.
Thod-Theodum
Edam
On the other hand a reboot retaining XP will let those people wanting to get out of the game and cash in their accounts reap a much bigger profit.

Wow - haven't thought about this one in my list of winners / losers. Indeed - players leaving would be among the winners - players recently having bought accounts on the secondary market and players playing since day 1 would be among the losers.

The more you played - the more you amassed in regard to:
achievements
gold
recipes
status

The more you can lose.

Yes - a reboot would bring in new players - but AT WHAT PRICE ?? Above is another price to pay.

Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
ZomoZ
No reboot
not worth talking about
Dreaden
Zomoz too OP, reboot it!

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post