Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

My Apologies to Goblinworks

Nihimon
I was - am, actually - angry about the way things have played out, but I shouldn't have come off as entitled/demanding as I did. I could blame some of it on the stress of buying a new house and relocating. Now that the house ordeal is done, I'm feeling a lot less stressed and a lot less upset about some of this.

I feel like Goblinworks has intentionally developed PFO to be as open as possible for PvP-focused groups, and as brutal as possible for anyone caught in the crosshairs of a group like that. I've watched a number of friends - entire Settlements - stop playing because of it.

At the same time, I feel like Goblinworks has intentionally protected PvP-focused groups from suffering any meaningful (to them) loss when they are consistently defeated. Meaningful loss to them - as Ryan discussed a lot in the past - is a reduction in their individual Character Power.

Ryan has acknowledged in the recent past - before EE10 - that the state of the game had two different undesirable conditions that were reinforcing each other to make the game much more brutal to those who are the targets of heavy PvP. Seeing the results of that continue unabated - possibly even exacerbated - by EE10, combined with the stress of buying a house and the stress of knowing I was not going to be able to personally participate for a week or more, left me feeling pretty raw.

I apologize for throwing a tantrum.

I would still very much like to know what we should expect going forward.
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Rynnik
Dude, grats on the new house. That is always a big fun life change and I hope it is a very positive thing for you and your family. Always a time of stress (take it from someone that has relocated a lot) but hopefully it brings you what you are looking for from the change.
Not a member, representative, or supporter of Brighthaven Alliance.
Memory-High Priest of Desna
They've still been totally silent BTW (in case you didn't want to check all 80 pages of your original thread to confirm).

no word, no moderation, no replies, no keepsides, nothing. I think the game is running in a shoebox under RD's bed right about now. Somebody might want to have a candygram delivered to them or something to see if they're still alive.
Adventure Time with the High Priest of Desna, begins Tuesday 08/18 at 6:00pm EST (10:00 server time) at the Thornkeep Auction house. All new players welcome!

Official titles and Nicknames:
Spherewalker of Indor-Mardil, High Priest of Desna, Dreaden-appointed Forum Troll Extraordinaire, The Southern Speedster, Slinger of Stars, Newbie-Bear, Gutter of Golgothans, King of Kiters, Johnny Ustalavian-Seed, and Peaches.
Thod-Theodum
Nihimon

All the best with your new house. They say moving is on of the 3 (5 ?) most stressful events in a life. PFO so far has survived. Maybe a few of your holdings haven't in your absence - but as I tried to elaborate in another post - losing holdings is actually not the end for a settlement.
Thod/Theodum are the OOC/IC leaders of the Emerald Lodge - a neutral settlement in the center of the mal that tries to the first to explore the Emerald Spire - should that part of the game ever become available. We have a strong in game and out of game relationship with the Pathfinder Society.
We welcome both hard core players as well as casual players with or without tabletop experience. We have a strong group in Europe and are slowly expanding into the US. We are predominately PvE as our neutral political stance means that we tend to use PvP only in self-defence. We are not anti-PVP - but expect limited PvP opportunity with us.
Drogon
Glad to hear you have gotten through some of your personal stress…we are all awaiting in anticipation the reply or statement from GW…..
HpoD - "I have, however, sat and watched as others took things more personally (on both sides) and became zealots, charging forward on a shining white horse into a pile of shit. Forum Warriors at their peak, striding the battlefield knee deep in the bloody, broken arguments of their adversaries before the burning village of their credibility….Chill guys. "
Bringslite
Good to see you posting again Nihimon. Congrats on the new place.

We can't take these discussions much farther, I don't think, until we get some sort of input from the Devs. Many have posted before this last round and if I recall, GW made some noises about things being wonky until more checks and balances come online.

That is what I am holding on for. Until then, we have become an echo chamber. I am going to try and refrain (not suggesting that all should feel the same) as I am not certain that the public will be able to read our posts and also know the depth to which we also enjoy the game: i.e. I don't want to damage PfO by only posting about what I think is in bad shape. There is a good deal that I think is in great shape, fun, and engaging. I feel that I have been three times more negative than you have. smile
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
If you are not happy with the way the features or lack there of are at this point, you should take the advice you have so frequently given. Take a break and come back when more features are in place.

It is not any different than those of us that feel the PvP tools we want, that are not in place yet either. I was looking for true bandirty and raiding of outposts. Having outpost raiding limited to just feud targets and only during their PvP windows was not what was described in the Blog's. Not having factions, which Lee described as being the easiest of PvP systems to create, 8 months after EE launched was not something we had anticipated.

As for there not being consequences for losing, that your opponents care about, that is not something that can be coded. You're claim is that you are winning, but they don't care that they are losing and they keep on coming back. If they are already losing, as you say, making them weaker won't stop them. Your aversion to PvP has created an emergent win condition for them.

I have to say, of all of the Open World PVP Sandbox MMOs I have played, PFO has the least PvP or the most difficult to engage in (without reputation loss) I have seen. The only explanation is that you have created the circumstances that has led to all of this PvP, and since you are winning I'm even more confused why you are complaining about it more than those that are losing.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Doc
You're claim is that you are winning, but they don't care that they are losing and they keep on coming back. If they are already losing, as you say, making them weaker won't stop them.Your aversion to PvP has created an emergent win condition for them.

I have to say, of all of the Open World PVP Sandbox MMOs I have played, PFO has the least PvP or the most difficult to engage in (without reputation loss) I have seen. The only explanation is that you have created the circumstances that has led to all of this PvP, and since you are winning I'm even more confused why you are complaining about it more than those that are losing.

That is probably one of the best set of paragraphs you have ever typed Bludd. I kindly ask you to stop posting forever now so as to not tarnish your record going forward.
Tea
It takes guts to apologize and I think you did an honorable thing (without knowing much about the background). Kudos to you Nihimon. smile

I share your worry that the community might lose some more friendly people that I want to stay. And it's good you brought up the third paragraph again, I agree banditry and destructive behavior are not handled the way I expected or like.
I'm enjoying the game and the community. Are you? http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/forums/forum/354-pathfinder-online/
Giorgio
+1

I believe the question asked in the now closed 82-83 page dreadnaught thread about who the intended audience of PFO is has not been clearly established and I hope it gets asked and answered in Lisa's keepside chat.
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post