Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

10.2a Testing

Bob
10.2a is now available on Zog. If you have a chance, please test it out and post your feedback here. We've fixed a large number of the issues you reported from 10.2, particularly those reported for the tutorials.

Have at it!
Bob
We have noticed one small issue that crept in between 10.2 and 10.2a: Nhur Athemon's green crystals are currently invisible. Their effects are still visible, so you know where they are, and you can still select them as targets. Visible or not, they're still quite dangerous.
Edam
Stealth Crystals.

That could be interesting.
Huran
I had to re-install the patcher for the test server today only all the download links now seem to be broken smile
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
shade2077
Huran
I had to re-install the patcher for the test server today only all the download links now seem to be broken smile

I didn't have a problem. I'm connected to the test server now. The patcher noticed that the version was out of date and downloaded the update.

Good to see the update. Now I can begin testing the revised tutorials…

Thumper
a.k.a. Aroden on the live server.
shade2077
Advancement Tutorial bugs:

I've done the tutorials with this character in EE10.2 (not 10.2a). Found a glowing trainer called Hessi Steelbeard (Advancement Tutorial) who said "I'll walk you through the process to train as a fighter". I'm confused as I already did the Fighter tutorial. This may just be a problem with 10.2a not recognising that I completed the Fighter tutorial in 10.2. I will continue to see what I find. I may update this later if the Advancement Tutorial comes up again once I redo the Fighter Tutorial.
Huran
I will try it again tomorrow. I was able to do a fresh download on my wife's computer last night (and the patcher worked fine today). Though the links for a fresh download on the Goblinworks site (not through the patcher) were broken. The patcher works fine if you have a recent patcher working, but mine was too old and I need a new download off the Goblinworks site.
"Circles of power, gathered by EARTH, welcomed by GOLD, in strife and in mirth. Focused by CRYSTAL, guided by LIGHT, showing the way, by day and by night. wrought in IRON, strengthened by STEEL, together we stand, in wrack and in weal. Hidden in SHADOW, explored by WOOD, we circle together, for the greater good." –Maxikyd– http://www.kotcguild.com/
Bob
The links for fresh downloads of the Test Server Client do appear to be broken. We'll get those fixed as quickly as we can.
shade2077
Fighter Tutorial Bugs:

1. "Train Heavy Blade Weapon Proficiency" window has cropping problems. e.g. "how to advanc [New/Line] your character"

Suggestion: widen the window or shorten the longest lines.

2. Benken Kado (Fighter Trainer) refers to himself in the third person. He says "To improve and survive, you have to learn. My friend here can train you in some of the skills you need to survive. People like him can be found all over the River Kingdoms. For now it's free, but, once you get to more advanced skills, they'll start charging you coin".

Suggestion: This would be better as "To improve and survive you have to learn. I can train you in some of the skills you need. Other trainers can be found in many places in the River Kingdoms. Simple skills are trained for free but once you get to more advanced skills trainers will start charging you coin."

2. Benken Kado says "To train feats for the items you just got from the chest, you have to become proficient with them, which requires purchasing a weapon and maybe an Proficiency Feat. You do not slot Proficiency Feats; they are always active". This has a couple of problems: I haven't acquired anything from a chest yet; I will presumably get given a weapon when I open the chest (I don't have to purchase a weapon, I may need to purchase a weapon proficiency); "an Proficiency" is incorrect english; and it leaves open to question if weapon proficiencies can be increased.

Suggestion: change it to "To fight effectively you need to be proficient with the weapon you wield. This may require you to train a new Proficiency feat when trying out a new weapon type. You do not slot Proficiency Feats; they are always active once learned, and can be trained to higher levels as your character progresses".

3. "Train Understrike 1" window has cropping problems (e.g. "Secondary Attac [New/Line]" ).

Suggestion: widen the window or shorten the longest lines;

4. "Train Understrike 1" window uses the abbreviation combos". Please don't invent words.

Suggestion: change the sentence to read "Some attacks work better in combination with others attacks".

5. "Slot Understrike 1" window has cropping problems with long lines such as “variety o weapons”.

Suggestion: fix the window cropping

6. "Slot Understrike 1" window says “often add state effects”. This is not actually true as the state has no effect by itself. An 'effect' is by definition caused by something else.

Suggestion: change this to “often put the target in a state that can be capitalized upon by other attacks”.

7. “Make sure you have your steel longsword equipped” doesn't really help a newbie.

Suggestion: Change this to “Press P to open your Paper Doll. Drag your longsword from your inventory to your Primary Weapon slot if it is not already equipped".

8. “Select the Active Feats/Attacks tab” is the incorrect label.

Suggestion: correct “Attacks tab” to “Attack tab”

9. "Slot Thousand Cuts 1" window has cropping problems with long lines such as “effect currentl [N/L] on”.

Suggestion: fix the window cropping

10. “Your Secondary Attacks cost more stamina, provide more impressive damage, and, most importantly, have superior bonus effects when they can capitalize on an effect currently on a target” has way too many commas; “impressive” is a relative term that is meaningless in the context (e.g does it mean they have more sound and light effects?); the use of the word “superior” implies Primary Attacks also have bonus effects which I believe is incorrect; and it is the target's state that allows for the extra effect (not the target's “effect”).

Suggestion: change this to “Your Secondary Attacks cost more stamina, provide greater damage, and have bonus effects when they can capitalize on the state of the target”.

11. “Open your Feats window by pressing P” is incorrect.

Suggestion: correct this to “Open your Feats window by pressing F”.

12. “Select the Active Feats/Attacks tab” is the incorrect tab label.

Suggestion: correct “Attacks tab” to “Attack tab”

13. The “Train Unbreakable 1” window has similar cropping problems as before.

Suggestion: fix the window cropping.

14. “Passive Feats are feats that provide bonuses or abilities as long as they are slotted”. This seems to be a terminology problem. If I train Base Attack Bonus I don't need to slot it anywhere. Does that mean it is not a Passive Feat?

Suggestion: change this to “Some Passive Feats need to be equipped on your Paperdoll to take effect. These include Role Features, Reactive Feats, Armor Feats and some Defensive Feats”.

15. Train Heavy Melee Attack Bonus 1” window could do with some more information. There is also a spelling error (“it's” is used incorrectly as the apostrophe implies a contraction of “it is”).

Suggestion: Use “Each major weapon category has its own attack bonus. Heavy Melee Attack Bonus gives a bonus to longsword and two-handed sword attacks”.

16. “Train Fortitude Bonus 1” is confusing in that up till now I have had to slot everything I have trained and I have previously been told I need to slot everything for it to take effect.

Suggestion: add a sentence "Fortitude, Willpower and Reflex Bonus are Passive Feats that do not get slotted to the Paperdoll. They are always in effect once learned.”

17. “Train Trophy Charm Implement Proficiency” window refers to Implements as tools. It says “Implements are tools used to store and activate abilities tied to each Role called Expendables. Common Implements are things like Spellbooks and Holy Symbols. You must have a proficiency feat to equip an Implement”. This is bad phrasing and says to me that "Implements" are also called "Expendables". It also does not explain what a Trophy Charm is.

Suggestion: make it clear that Implements are in-game items and leave the description of Expendables out of this window as they are covered in the next window. Change the wording above to “Implements are items used to store and activate abilities tied to each Role. Common Implements are things like Spellbooks for Wizards and Holy Symbols for Clerics. Trophy Charms are implements used to store Fighter abilities.”

18. “Equip Introductory Trophy Charm and Slot Expendable” window has the same problems as in the previous point. Here there is no need to talk about Implements again as it just confuses things. The window also has cropping problems.

Suggestions: Change “Implements are tools used to store and activate abilities tied to each Role, called Expendables” to “Expendables require an Implement to be slotted. You will have retrieved an Introductory Trophy Charm *an Implement) and a Maneuver (an Expendable) from the chest near Ogden Delsane”; correct the cropping.

19. The instruction “Select the Active Feats/Expendables tab” refers to a tab that isn't there (it is “Expendable” not “Expendables”). You also need to make sure you have the appropriate weapon slot active.

Suggestion: change “Expendables” to Expendable”; add a sentence along the lines of “Your Expendables will only appear in the list of Active Feats once you have an appropriate Implement equipped”.

20. “Slot Unbreakable” window has cropping problems.

Suggestion: fix the cropping

21. “Slot Unbreakable” window refers to a “highlighted slot”. This is the Role Feature slot on the paper doll so make it obvious and call it by its name.

Suggestion: change “Drag Unbreakable 1 to the highlighted slot” to “Drag Unbreakable 1 to the Role Feature slot on your Paperdoll”.

22. “Interact with Hessi Steelbeard" window has a number of problems: It implies the player did something wrong when saying “you bought feats out of order”; it implies Role features automatically advance when the pre-reqs are met; and it has a spelling mistake “mazimize”.

Suggestions: change “bought feats out of order” to “bought feats in a different order”; change “Each time you buy a specific set of feats, your role will advance in level” to “Each Role Feature level requires that you have trained a specific set of feats”; correct the spelling of “maximize”.
shade2077
I just noticed the post by Bob at 22:21. I was in the middle of testing Fighter Tutorial at that stage. I will await a new down-time before continuing testing. Hopefully at least some of the bugs I just raised have been fixed in the new new 10.2.

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post