Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither Forever War?

Azure_Zero
Midnight
Azure_Zero
Midnight
Azure_Zero
I'll ask that we return to the topic, WITHOUT any; EBA, EoX, and or settlement baiting or flaming.

umm which thread did you think you were in?

The topic is:

Whither Forever War?

It's my thread and discussion of history and justifications is apropos in determining what the future may hold for the war.

WE can do that without the trash talk and slandering.

In the words of the great comedian Jon Stewart:

"Have you met us"? smile

Do you want an investor interested in helping the game get it's final push, with a constructive and civil community or turned off by it's toxicity?
Beinion
Midnight
Azure_Zero
Midnight
Azure_Zero
I'll ask that we return to the topic, WITHOUT any; EBA, EoX, and or settlement baiting or flaming.

umm which thread did you think you were in?

The topic is:

Whither Forever War?

It's my thread and discussion of history and justifications is apropos in determining what the future may hold for the war.

WE can do that without the trash talk and slandering.

In the words of the great comedian Jon Stewart:

"Have you met us"? smile
So all u can do it trash talk and slander but it is pharos posts on the forms that started the forever war you expect people to just take it ?
Sounds like you may have poked until they poked back so that you could justify what you game plan was all along. If it wasn't pharos you would have just poked someone else till they stood up to you. And I'm sure if phreos does fall it will be someone else after.
You want pvp for the sake of pvp and don't care the cost
Well the cost this time may just be the game
Midnight
Azure_Zero
Do you want an investor interested in helping the game get it's final push, with a constructive and civil community or turned off by it's toxicity?

As someone who actually reported 3 posts in the Whither PFO thread to customer service I'm going to have to say I don't see toxicity in this thread.

I see a rivalry.

IMO, it is the kind of thing an investor would want to see. Players with actual engagement in the game. A game where everyone recognizes that meaningful choices (even a year ago) have consequences.

But I'll also remind you that it isn't my responsibility to put on a dog and pony show for investors to make Lisa and Ryan rich.

They've got a good game, they've got an active and engaged playerbase.

They won't have one if we all have to pretend we're playing Hello Kitty Online (which by the way is DEAD).

My suggestion to my fellow players (friend and enemy alike) is to be yourselves. You don't need to walk on eggshells.

That being said, I *did* report 3 posts in the Whither PFO thread even before Lisa's announcement, and I will again if the forums devolve into ACTUAL toxicity.

I even see someone I reported last week in THIS thread but they have been civil so far.

I think it will be fine, and I think we can still be genuine.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
Beinion
Midnight
"Have you met us"? smile

So all u can do it trash talk and slander but it is pharos posts on the forms that started the forever war you expect people to just take it ?
Sounds like you may have poked until they poked back so that you could justify what you game plan was all along. If it wasn't pharos you would have just poked someone else till they stood up to you. And I'm sure if phreos does fall it will be someone else after.
You want pvp for the sake of pvp and don't care the cost
Well the cost this time may just be the game

By "us" I was referring to the entire community.

It takes two to have a war or rivalry.

And your post is representative of what I meant by

"Have you met us?"

It's not toxic, but it is by no means the make believe lovefest azure_zero is looking for.

(and that's fine, in my opinion).
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Jesus, it's like you guys have never used the internet before, or done anything competitive whatsoever.

Just because there's an argument or opposing viewpoints doesn't mean something is "toxic." Going around agreeing with everyone and holding everything back because you don't want to upset anyone is toxic, because in the end that will blow up. Thinking you can just roll around and do whatever you want and are entitled to everything you desire is toxic. Running to the devs every time someone does something you don't like is clearly toxic.

Fighting over territory, resources, recruits, bragging rights, that's just competition. Political propaganda and controlling the public perception of your image and that of your alliance is just par for the course in strategy and empire building games.

If make a bunch of announcements saying "We are the biggest, best, we are the awesomest!!!!" You can expect someone to come along and compete against you and then declare victory when you lose.
Decius
I think that all of the name-calling is unproductive.
Bringslite
Just Dak
Decius
Midnight
EBA PvP windows became our daily guild meeting, calmly discussing plans in both PFO and Ark.
Perception checking: did it feel like you won PFO and therefore want to move on to and win the next game?

I haven't read or heard anyone in EoX that wants to move on to the next game. Most everyone has expressed an interest to stay, and I don't think anyone thinks there has been a long term win condition (Or "Game Over" winning. At least not seriously)

I hope that you are right CG! While it isn't fair (in any way) to ask EoX to stick around and NOT PVP (hey, buy this deluxe Bacon Cheeseburger, but all you get to eat is the beef patty) , I wonder what can be done do to lower the tension and ease off a bit.

The grudge is old and justified, at least from the view of each side (I think), but murky from the outside. Some of us know more than others about it, or at least it's roots. It just plain isn't helping much to keep up the pressure and be mean to each other on the forums. With all of the recent political shuffling, you are left with a very population diminished opponent. Or at least it looks that way. What is the real gain from pushing the advantage here?

@ Phaeros

If you think that there is gain still to be had, carry on. Recent political and physical moves say (to me at least) that everything isn't rosy. Yeah, I know that most parties say that this war has nothing to do with it. The war is definitely a deadly symptom caused by whatever really is behind these recent moves. You could well end up burned out and moving on from PfO (that is a fail). There will not be any fixes for some time, unless an investor comes in very fast. We have to live with reality for now. At least take this away if you read this: Nothing that got you so worked up is of any consequence anymore.

So what do we have here? A paraphrased quote from some time back: "I refuse to be held to standards that my enemy is not also held to." I would suggest that each of you hold yourself to your own standards. Magic might happen. If not, it will become clear, fast enough, who has higher standards.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Edam
Elsworth Sugarfoot
If make a bunch of announcements saying "We are the biggest, best, we are the awesomest!!!!" You can expect someone to come along and compete against you and then declare victory when you lose.

Which is part of the problem. The issue is deeper than PvP vs PvE. A lot of people in my settlement (not all of course) are not seeing as it as a game you win or lose or even as something competitive. They are about building up something cool and hanging out and having fun.

It's the age old MMO thing - one persons "competitive" is another persons "psychopathic", one persons "laid back and casual" is the another persons "carebear and grinding".

More importantly one personality type will rarely like the other types activity. If you try and convince a bunch of football fans to go to poetry readings the occasional person may enjoy it but most will be bored and thinking about tomorrows big game.
Bringslite
Midnight
For the millionth time, no one is trying to get people to quit PFO.

Is there much difference if the result is the same? This wouldn't normally be an issue in a population healthy game.

This isn't a population healthy game. Someone has to take a higher road, if only for a little while.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Edam
The non stop feud on Phaeros, regardless of the reasons for it, gave the impression (rightly or wrongly) to a lot of non-Phaeros people that regardless of the current players (EoX are fairly honorable and decent generally) the game was being built optimised for a future player base that had nothing better to do than log in everynight for several hours and play PFO and look for fights, your classic uni student or unemployed crowd gamer crowd really.

Word
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post