Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither Forever War?

Beinion
AlexanderDamocles
Beinion
AlexanderDamocles
Why does the tone of this thread sound like the only option is either EoX continues to wipe out things, or EoX makes a personal sacrifice and stops their fun? Why can groups that EoX attacks not come to terms for peace?

Meaningful actions, meaningful consequences.
EoX will not stop attacking regardless of negotiations they need pvp or they will quit and I don't want the pvp to stop I just want it to slow down

Really? I'd like to see that borne out.

Why don't the two of you go play nice, make a nice treaty, see who breaks it first.
I could be wrong but I believe this was tried and they cam down a murder hobo and that is the main reason there has been no talked because they just break it when there is …. like I said I could be wrong but that is my understanding of past events
Beinion
Tigari
Beinion, If you though that the last few weeks of PvP (before it stopped), was too much, then I honestly think a sandbox is not for you. I mean this in the nicest way possible.. But When the warfare mechanic comes..and settlements are on the line… there will be even more, and for longer. I expect what we did for 1 week to last for months, and more than just 1 hour windows.

EDIT: Also, I will assume the population grew to the point they were able to get the to get teh mechanics in, so one person missing a day wont be as noticable
Your edit is what I am talking about right now with the population I HAVE to show up every time you attack because if I don't we will lose ( not saying I'm a deal breaker ) meen that as in we need every pvp player there every time there is an attack because there are so few of us.and we really do enjoy it …( or at least I do ) win or lose
I just don't like the feeling that if I don't go on for the pvp window every night eventually we will be over run. Once we have the population where I can say ok you guys handle the window I'm gunna go stab some goblins I will be much happier. I'm having trouble believing we will ever get to that point unless wee all work together to make sure EVERYONE enjoys playing the game they want to play.
Midnight
Decius
Elsworth Sugarfoot
Honestly, why do you need a solution to company hopping. Beinon got tired of losing? Phaeros didn't have enough players to defend? If they had more players or were better then he could have taken a night off. It only takes 1 victory every 3 nights at a time of your choosing to defend your holding anyway.
It would be nice if people could stop the constant baiting.

Elsworth asked valid questions.

I was able to take 2 weeks off to work on my taxes. The Forever War continued without me. The EoX didn't crumble without me.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
tribuzio
It is a sad tactic, but it seem that letting them burn the holding at their pleasure and deaning live PvP targets worked, no feuds in the last week.

I don't feel that that is a victory in any way, actually I think everyone has lost something, but it is a needed respite.

The absence of recent feuds also had a lot to do with GW going dark for over a week on the forums and then Lisa's tearful announcement, and also with the dissolution of the EBA. When people worry the game is abandoned, they don't put time into it. We got the feeling our opponents weren't putting time into the game, so why waste influence to feud people who don't log in, when you can save it for a day when there is more clarity and activity? I'm also trying to determine just who (besides Phaeros) are my feud-worthy opponents, these days.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
Beinion
LAST I CHECKED WE DON'T HAVE WAR MECHANICS
( possibly becuase GW understands the server pop is not big enough to support wars )

GW was telling us as recently as this summer that there isn't enough gear churn. So what makes you think GW "understands" your claim "that the server pop is not big enough to support wars"?
-Edmund Burke
Phyllain
Beinion
AlexanderDamocles
Beinion
AlexanderDamocles
Why does the tone of this thread sound like the only option is either EoX continues to wipe out things, or EoX makes a personal sacrifice and stops their fun? Why can groups that EoX attacks not come to terms for peace?

EoX will not stop attacking regardless of negotiations they need pvp or they will quit and I don't want the pvp to stop I just want it to slow down

Why don't the two of you go play nice, make a nice treaty, see who breaks it first.
I could be wrong but I believe this was tried and they cam down a murder hobo and that is the main reason there has been no talked because they just break it when there is …. like I said I could be wrong but that is my understanding of past events
Nice to see that your understanding of past events is completely wrong.
Tigari
I think people want different games out of this. I really enjoyed the last 2 weeks of PvP… I looked forward to logging in every night for an hour of PvP..In fact I wish it was longer then an hr.

GW is in a touchy place right now. People are asking them to define who there target audience is, but the second they do, they lose the subs to the other audience. The second they tell me PFO is not a game for me, I'm out. There's no point in me subbing to a game I have no plan on playing. It's also true the other way. If they say that PFO is supposed to be a pvp territorial sandbox, with true open wold pvp, I'm sure they're going to lose a lot of the people who can't put up with pvp.
Tigari
Beinion
AlexanderDamocles
Beinion
AlexanderDamocles

That is incorrect. What happened is we had a truce with TEO/KP, and assumed it was with the whole EBA. then AGC, a company who lived in KB but was not apart of the empire, put a smallholding in an escilation hex that Phaeros claimed. To get back at them, they took AGC towers. The problem here is those towers effected the Empire (count it as rent for AGC living in KB). SO instead of doing something that only effected AGC (really all they could do was kill them a bunch) they acted against the empire itself. After some forum drama, it was announced that Phaeros never agreed or ratified the deal. It was said that cheatle told phy this when the deal was made, but I wasn't there so have no clue. I do know I was told to stop killing people in the south, so to me it sounded like a full truce with the EBA. AFter we found out about phaeros disagreement with the truce, we went to just killing PHaeros people /towers. But becuase the nature of teh EBA at the time, TEO and KB defending them, which voided the truce (which you coudl say was never actaually there, becuse again, from my understanding the truce was targeted at the whole eba, not just teo/kp, and when Phaeros pushed it away, the whole eba did).

Thats from my point of view and understanding.
Decius
Tigari
Beinion
AlexanderDamocles
Beinion
AlexanderDamocles

That is incorrect. What happened is we had a truce with TEO/KP, and assumed it was with the whole EBA. then AGC, a company who lived in KB but was not apart of the empire, put a smallholding in an escilation hex that Phaeros claimed. To get back at them, they took AGC towers. The problem here is those towers effected the Empire (count it as rent for AGC living in KB). SO instead of doing something that only effected AGC (really all they could do was kill them a bunch) they acted against the empire itself. After some forum drama, it was announced that Phaeros never agreed or ratified the deal. It was said that cheatle told phy this when the deal was made, but I wasn't there so have no clue. I do know I was told to stop killing people in the south, so to me it sounded like a full truce with the EBA. AFter we found out about phaeros disagreement with the truce, we went to just killing PHaeros people /towers. But becuase the nature of teh EBA at the time, TEO and KB defending them, which voided the truce (which you coudl say was never actaually there, becuse again, from my understanding the truce was targeted at the whole eba, not just teo/kp, and when Phaeros pushed it away, the whole eba did).

Thats from my point of view and understanding.
So, from your point of view, Phyllain lied to you about the deal, AGC (who wasn't a party to the deal) broke the deal by attacking Phaeros (who also wasn't a party to the deal), but because they lost one of the towers that you were very loudly claiming didn't matter to, EoX called off the deal.

Personally, any deal that Phaeros makes with a group that has any former PAX Gaming members in executive capacity still has a condition that they are unwilling to meet.
Phyllain
Are we really doing this again?

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post