Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither Forever War?

Dreaden
We should just put up our own holdings around Phaeros for a settlement claim.
Midnight
From all appearances they only play the forums, so it might work, Dreaden.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
tribuzio
Settlements may now be claimed by Companies. To claim a Settlement, it must have failed to pay Upkeep for a minimum of Level 10 support and all 6 surrounding Hexes must be held by a single Company.

You can wait.
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Decius
Yeah, we did the math on bulk resources and decided that we weren't getting anything that we wanted from holdings and they were attracting griefers.

Once enough griefers get bored and quit or holdings are useful or the PvP is fixed holdings will go back up.
+1
Tink says Stab
You really have to stop +1'ing your own posts Decius.
Tink quivers in sheer euphoria as the dank memes course through his fedora
Seraph
You have to admit though that letting your holdings be destroyed is a pretty good way to get out of nightly PvP if you don't want nightly PvP, though, right? Decius may not have said it in the most diplomatic way, but there's a logical point to doing it that way.

If you can go several months providing the training that you want without needing any income, and want to avoid defending holdings, might as well let the holdings go and rebuild them when you need them again (or when you become reasonably happy with the mechanics, which in theory is just a matter of time as GW works on them).

Both groups kind of get what they want. EoX "wins" by burning down a bunch of holdings, Phaeros gets a break. Only problem is that EoX misses the nightly PvP, hence this thread. But surely they saw this coming – at the end of a war, win or lose, the fighting stops unless you find new opponents.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Tigari
The "war" is not over.. Just in a lull
Tabomo
Tigari
The "war" is not over.. Just in a lull

I was gonna say something pretty similar here. Just because Phaeros has no more holdings doesn't mean we cant still hunt them and kill them. It is getting harder and harder to find them, but that doesn't mean we are going to stop looking.
Seraph
Yeah, I get that. I'm just saying that the lull was deliberately brought on by one of the factions, and that their technique to achieve it was successful in its purpose.
Seraph
Cleric of Sarenrae
Brighthaven
Midnight
Seraph
You have to admit though that letting your holdings be destroyed is a pretty good way to get out of nightly PvP if you don't want nightly PvP, though, right? Decius may not have said it in the most diplomatic way, but there's a logical point to doing it that way.

If you can go several months providing the training that you want without needing any income, and want to avoid defending holdings, might as well let the holdings go and rebuild them when you need them again (or when you become reasonably happy with the mechanics, which in theory is just a matter of time as GW works on them).

Both groups kind of get what they want. EoX "wins" by burning down a bunch of holdings, Phaeros gets a break. Only problem is that EoX misses the nightly PvP, hence this thread. But surely they saw this coming – at the end of a war, win or lose, the fighting stops unless you find new opponents.

Well, I pretty much called it in a previous post entitled "Peace Will Make You Rich" where I suggested holdings are for peaceful settlements.

It was the smart thing for Phaeros to do.

But if Phaeros is still playing the game (or even just playing the forums) I trust them to remain provocative enough to provoke continued causus belli for feuds.

My sadness is that I may face a map that I can no longer describe as a "target rich environment".

It's ok, I need to catch up with the Coal Road folks on PvE, anyway. smile
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post