Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither Forever War?

Midnight
Winter is coming.

For those who thought spring and summer PvP was tiring… 3 words: Winter War Season.

If you aren't familiar with the term ask over at Eve-Online. As a child of the sunbelt I was surprised by the phenomenon.

Basically, winter keeps people in the house more, so they game more, and thus scarce sandbox PvE resources become even more contentious. Throw in players going stir-crazy from being housebound and PvP wars break out all over.

Winter is coming.

an excerpt from a Crossing Zebra article:

"During the winter, EVE’s nullsec regions are a boiling hot war zone. This year was no different. The Halloween War started with an attempt from N3 to headshot RUS staging systems."

http://crossingzebras.com/winter-is-coming/

Winter is coming.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Bringslite
Well lets see. I understand the reasoning for "universal to 20" if you live in a player settlement.

The problem is: The whole rest of the game's mechanics were designed with a need for a settlement to (somehow) pay for SUPPORT of levels. You don't take the carburetor from an engine (that was built to need a carburetor)and expect it to run very well. Need all new theory crafting and implementation to make it work now.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
If GW now has a plan that covers the new changes and shows how that will all work together in a balanced way, I sure would like to see it.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Midnight
Settlement membership was supposed to be needed to deter anti-social behavior.

I think a corollary was that a settlement would be selective about who was given membership in order to get along with other settlements. If merely holding a settlement gives you level 20 support, there is simply NO deterrent against a settlement becoming a haven for anti-social players. While I'm not in leadership, it is my understanding that Golgotha didn't kick Z*c*r because we were afraid of the other settlements hurting us for keeping him. Although it is my opinion that the game mechanics should have made that a concern for us.

As it is we kicked him simply because he broke our own rules about anti-social behavior and benevolent dictatorships need for their rules to be enforced.

We face a game though, where an inactive settlement can be claimed by a company like GPS, and there is nothing other settlements can do to punish their behavior once they have a settlement of their own.

The problem is that a game mechanic meant to protect small settlements from being squashed, has also removed much of the ability to punish anti-social behavior in game, at the settlement level.

(and yes I appreciate the irony that it also keeps Phaeros from effectively punishing me for my supposed landrush sins, even though I wasn't even here for landrush). oh well… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Bringslite
Partly. Low reputation and a need for settlements to invest in building things (thus participating in PfO) was part of a large and complicated mechanism. The low rep thing is still there, I think? What is missing, now, is a need to build anything besides a keep and probably a bank.

You have support to twenty if you stay above -2500 rep.
You are rewarded for not putting down holdings by a). Not being vulnerable, b). Having lots of influence to feud (which, btw, won't be "speedily solved" by increasing feud costs if you haven't any holdings)

I am hoping that DI can fix this or it can be scrapped for a more elegant system increasing the usefulness of Influence. Keep It Simple Sweetheart. And I am bolding that because I hope that GW reads it and at least kicks it around a bit.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Midnight
Bringslite

Are you sure about that? I know -2500 rep means no new training, but I haven't heard anything about it affecting support.
-Edmund Burke
Bringslite
Midnight
Bringslite

Are you sure about that? I know -2500 rep means no new training, but I haven't heard anything about it affecting support.

Not sure at all.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
You are a Troll
Midnight
Winter is coming.

For those who thought spring and summer PvP was tiring… 3 words: Winter War Season.

If you aren't familiar with the term ask over at Eve-Online. As a child of the sunbelt I was surprised by the phenomenon.

Basically, winter keeps people in the house more, so they game more, and thus scarce sandbox PvE resources become even more contentious. Throw in players going stir-crazy from being housebound and PvP wars break out all over.

Winter is coming.

an excerpt from a Crossing Zebra article:

"During the winter, EVE’s nullsec regions are a boiling hot war zone. This year was no different. The Halloween War started with an attempt from N3 to headshot RUS staging systems."

http://crossingzebras.com/winter-is-coming/

Winter is coming.

Excellent! I love winter - warm fires, hot toddies, quiet snowfalls…bring it!
Midnight
Are Echo Woodsmen trying to re-enter the Forever War?

Savage Grace went to Phaeros looking for feud targets and Sassinak (Echo Woodsmen - Sylva Settlement) attacked her.
-Edmund Burke
Bringslite
Midnight
Are Echo Woodsmen trying to re-enter the Forever War?

Savage Grace went to Phaeros looking for feud targets and Sassinak (Echo Woodsmen - Sylva Settlement) attacked her.

Perhaps a little pay back? EoX has already proven that they do not see a difference between Phaeros and Sylva, haven't they?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post