Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither Forever War?

You are a Troll
Give it a rest dude.
Kitsune
You are a Troll
Give it a rest dude.

I'd like to extend this same sentiment to everyone in this thread, but I figure that's hopeless at this point. I refuse to point any fingers at individuals (and apologize if I have ever attempted to in the past), but this conflict between major player groups has been both the best and absolute worst for this game since the conflict started.

When I mentioned in that other forum:
… and I might check-in from time to time to see if the Toxic community has died down.

… I was directly referring to this stupid conflict.

Yeah, I know my post sounds naive, but I don't give a **** one way or the other.
Midnight
While it's a stupid war for stupid reasons (aren't they all?), it is practically the only player driven content outside of the auction house.

What have YOU done to forge the story of The River Kingdoms?
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Gagnrath
Midnight
While it's a stupid war for stupid reasons (aren't they all?), it is practically the only player driven content outside of the auction house.

Just because the content hasn't involved you, doesn't mean other players haven't created plenty of content smile
Kitsune
Midnight

Kitsune
… this conflict between major player groups has been both the best and absolute worst for this game …
Let me emphasize that part.
Midnight
@Gagnrotyh

No disagreement on that. But what was it?

There's a lot of players who could point to building PFU, of course, which is very useful, but that isn't really River Kingdoms content, as it is making up for PFO problems on the understandability of their game.

I simply asked what Kitsune has done to forge the River Kingdoms. And if the answer turns out to be something that all the other players or companies or settlements can't say "well everyone has done that" then I will likely be impressed.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Midnight
In a world where there is only one tale told around the bonfire at night, yeah, it is both the best and the worst story ever told.
-Edmund Burke
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Gagnrath
Midnight

Just because the content hasn't involved you, doesn't mean other players haven't created plenty of content smile

Yep,

Some of us ARE trying to stir things up around here outside of this war. smile

It seems only my partner in crime Cormac (aka Magus) has had any luck though. I dunno how, cause when I'm on I can't seem to find anybody. With all these auction houses, trade guilds, and crafting settlements I keep reading about on here ya think I would have found someone up and about by now.

Ya can't start trouble if there ain't no trouble to be started. How am I supposed to go up to someone and say "STICK EM UP!" if there's no one around to steal from?
Paddy Fitzpatrick - Rí Ruírec of Fianna, roaming bands of noble warriors!
Member of the Kathalpas Coalition and home of bandits, privateers, and anyone looking to get away from the shackles of law.
Find us on PFO Discord
Bringslite
@ Midnight

It is just a small thing, but I think it carries more weight than any war or other in game content so far.

It also takes a good deal of time.

Think about that. Far better than reckless PVP that eventually drives players away. Not that those things are entirely anyone's fault. The mechanics are not all in. Why should anyone temper their PVP play just because the mechanics aren't all in?
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Bringslite
Paddy Fitzpatrick
Gagnrath
Midnight

Yep,

Some of us ARE trying to stir things up around here outside of this war. smile

It seems only my partner in crime Cormac (aka Magus) has had any luck though. I dunno how, cause when I'm on I can't seem to find anybody. With all these auction houses, trade guilds, and crafting settlements I keep reading about on here ya think I would have found someone up and about by now.

Ya can't start trouble if there ain't no trouble to be started. How am I supposed to go up to someone and say "STICK EM UP!" if there's no one around to steal from?

Hell of a good question. I can only suggest that you may have to tough things out until the population gets larger. We are doing that. We are building a solid base so that when there is a surge of new players, we will be ready. AKA, Flood Insurance.
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post