Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither Forever War?

Decius
There's no good reason that good players couldn't handle their politics in a way that doesn't risk exposing their hosting provider to legal liability.
Midnight
Is that a frequent issue for you in games? After 38 years of online gaming I just haven't seen that as an issue, but maybe you live on a more rough and tumble internet than I do.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Nihimon
Midnight
Is that a frequent issue for you in games?

Vindictive much?
Nihimon murmurs in sheer ecstasy as the magic courses through his veins
Midnight
Nihimon
Midnight
Is that a frequent issue for you in games?

Vindictive much?

I don't even know what you mean. What would I have to be vindictive about? Pixel fights that each side has won and lost? Those pixel fights are what I came here for.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Decius
Midnight
Is that a frequent issue for you in games? After 38 years of online gaming I just haven't seen that as an issue, but maybe you live on a more rough and tumble internet than I do.
Nope. I only saw it once.
Bringslite
Decius
There's no good reason that good players couldn't handle their politics in a way that doesn't risk exposing their hosting provider to legal liability.

Care to parse that out for slow pokes? You lost me with "legal liability".
Virtute et Armis
-Unknown
Just Dak
@Bringslite - I believe he is referencing the deleted story incident involving a Xeilian.

@all- Both sides are being pretty silly. Some of it is just bad trolling some of it is hashing every past grievance out so we can have another who is totally terrible conversation. Whatever your thoughts are on the matter, though, it's ridiculous. The forever war DOES_NOT_EXIST. Right now it is just a forum mirage of a past conflict that is at best on hold while everyone waits for the verdict on investors.

Normally I get at least some entertainment value from the drama conflict creates. When it is all imaginary it just becomes sad.
Give me a reasonable despot any day. Someone that constantly reminds everyone that they are virtuous and honorable can not be trusted to be either. If you are good we will know by your deeds, if you are reasonable we will know by our deals.
Midnight
Just Dak
@Bringslite - I believe he is referencing the deleted story incident involving a Xeilian.

@all- Both sides are being pretty silly. Some of it is just bad trolling some of it is hashing every past grievance out so we can have another who is totally terrible conversation. Whatever your thoughts are on the matter, though, it's ridiculous. The forever war DOES_NOT_EXIST. Right now it is just a forum mirage of a past conflict that is at best on hold while everyone waits for the verdict on investors.

Normally I get at least some entertainment value from the drama conflict creates. When it is all imaginary it just becomes sad.

Thus the very thread title.

The title was based on the EBA stopping showing up for holding battles, then the EBA dissolution, and the thread's creation was closely followed by Lisa's funding announcement.

The Forever War is currently a pale shadow of itself. I declared a feud last weekend. Never found a feud target. Furthermore the company I feuded didn't even change member numbers. No one company hopped to dodge the feud, nor to pile into the feud. They probably didn't even know there was a feud. The good news is everyone is probably catching up on their Netflix series binging. smile

It is a very very empty world right now, which means it is near impossible to find a feud target, and conversely companies aren't minting the influence to feud as much as they used to, either.

But, until Phaeros' surrender, I will keep looking for them. Since I find them so rarely, I and any other mates can easily afford to burn the rep when I/we do find them.
-Edmund Burke
Decius
Bringslite
Decius

Care to parse that out for slow pokes? You lost me with "legal liability".
Because companies typically monitor their fora, they cannot disclaim responsibility for things that their customers post. In many jurisdictions, actions which "would cause distress to a reasonable person" constitute the crime of assault.
Midnight
Let's get back to the topic.

Whither Forever War?

Does Phaeros still play PFO?

If not, can we talk you into playing Ark? smile

Do you need my engineer to help you build holdings and outposts? smile smile
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post