Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither Forever War?

Beinion
Dreaden
Beinion
Tigari
The "war" is not over.. Just in a lull
I think when your opponent refuses to engage or stops login in the war is over what do you see happening pharos puts up new holding takes you a week to get all your guys login back in on a regular basis pharos tears down holding again Im pretty sure they are refusing to play your game
it's not our game, it's "the" game.

I don't believe it is the game it is the game you choose because you do not enjoy anything else in the game there are suppose to be thing to stop the attacking every night hence the fued timers that you are currently avoiding and yes you say once there is a war mechanic…. what makes you think they won't have a cool down on that or that it won't take something more then what you can get in a couple hours to declare a war … I am no longer a part of phreos so it don't matter much to me but what makes u think that when settlement destruction comes in your going to be able to force us into pvp every night like you have been and if you can I'm pretty sure most of phreos will be gone by then because that is only the game EoX wants I'm pretty sure it's not the game the vast majority wants so I'm sure there would be many other settlements for your picking as well
Beinion
Doc
I think when your opponent refuses to engage or stops login in the war is over what do you see happening pharos puts up new holding takes you a week to get all your guys login back in on a regular basis pharos tears down holding again Im pretty sure they are refusing to play the game

FTFY
Don't understand this doc can you explain
Daeglin
If I may;

Fixed That For You - he changed "your game" in your post to "the game", thereby subtly reminding you that this is a pvp sandbox mmo, with holding and settlement warfare as the primary feature.
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Beinion
Daeglin
If I may;

Fixed That For You - he changed "your game" in your post to "the game", thereby subtly reminding you that this is a pvp sandbox mmo, with holding and settlement warfare as the primary feature.
No I believe it was promoted as a sandbox with open world pvp not a pvp sandbox
MidknightDiamond
Beinion
Daeglin
If I may;

It's the same thing in this case. The game was always about settlement building and territory claiming/holding. That requires pvp - thus it is an open world pvp sandbox.

It's not a themepark with lots of quests, it's not farmville where you just get to quietly build up your settlements in peace and only have to worry about the occasional npc monsters.

The Pve was never meant to be the only highlight - it supplements the crafters which create the gear which let people do both pve and pvp, the pvp creates gear churn and new content. It's possible to engage in pvp without actually fighting, that's what diplomacy is for at times, but that's still player versus player interaction.

So sick and tired of this stupid argument.

It's a sandbox that's meant to have a LOT of PVP - get the hell over it and accept it already.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Beinion
MidknightDiamond
Beinion
Daeglin
If I may;

It's the same thing in this case. The game was always about settlement building and territory claiming/holding. That requires pvp - thus it is an open world pvp sandbox.

It's not a themepark with lots of quests, it's not farmville where you just get to quietly build up your settlements in peace and only have to worry about the occasional npc monsters.

The Pve was never meant to be the only highlight - it supplements the crafters which create the gear which let people do both pve and pvp, the pvp creates gear churn and new content. It's possible to engage in pvp without actually fighting, that's what diplomacy is for at times, but that's still player versus player interaction.

So sick and tired of this stupid argument.

It's a sandbox that's meant to have a LOT of PVP - get the hell over it and accept it already.

Can you point me to the post where GW has said that ? Cause I'm sure they said they want this to be unlike any other game not just another pvp sandbox
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Does it really matter at this point guys? After the announcement lets just take a break and a breath.
Beinion
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Does it really matter at this point guys? After the announcement lets just take a break and a breath.
Not sure what you are talking about I'm sure it was the keepside but I missed it and have not listened to the recording if it is even posted yet
MidknightDiamond
How about every freaking blog that's ever been written? Sure, not all the promised elements have been in but I have read every blog, every email and I've perfectly understood that that is exactly what they always planned to build.

Mind you, I HATE PVP, and yet I still played this game knowing there would be a TON OF PVP (or supposed to be), but the idea of protecting mining gushers, having to fight for escalation rights, even having to fight over dungeons that randomly spawn or only spawn sometimes or once (yes - that was in a blog once).

Seriously, open world pvp means you're supposed to fight over things. SUPPOSED TO, EXPECTED TO… simple as that. I'm not going to waste my time in going back and pouring over every blog to find quotes to post to you when you can go back and read them yourself. Honestly, I think the problem is comprehension, and if so, nothing anyone says is going to fix that or change it.

Simple as this, the game is HEADED in the direction they always said they wanted it to go, it's not there yet and hopefully it will get there, but the simple point is, there was ALWAYS meant to be conflict, and a lot of it, in this game.

Safe is bloody boring.

You don't have to like it. You don't have to believe me. But I know damned well I'm not the only one that sees this is exactly the direction the blogs have been pointing all along.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Beinion
PFOFIREFIGHTER
Not sure what you are talking about I'm sure it was the keepside but I missed it and have not listened to the recording if it is even posted yet

You might want to check the latest blog

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post