Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither Forever War?

Beinion
MidknightDiamond
Beinion
Midnight
Seriously, you have to WORK at getting feuded.

That may be true and I'm not saying anything about that I'm not going to get into why this has all happened (as most of you know I was not really around for most of it other then a fly on the wall in the forums) but PEOPLE ARE LEAVING THE GAME BECAUSE OF EOX ACTIONS (may or may not have something to do with other people) but you are the one holding the knife and directly responceabilitys for ppl leaving the game
What do you gain from this other then making people leave the game NOTHING
So either your intention is to drive people from the game or you just like being griefers (I'm not just talking about pharos there is at least one other settlement that died and changed hands mostly because of EoX and another that lost a lot of players and almost walked away too if we lose more players they can't keep the doors open or the server up ….
When everyone is bitching we need more players we drive them away…. yea ok they may not stay in the long run depending on how the game turns out I may not stay depending on how the game turns out … I was enjoying the game until I was forced to pvp every night for my entire game time
but right now we NEED every player that is willing to sub
I get that EoX NEEDS to pvp to keep there players but this is an unfinished game and if you force pvp on the same ppl night in and night out for a non pvp based settlement you will continue to lose players

Cause and effect - they were pvp'd every night because of politics. As has been said over and over and over and over and over (I could go on… a lot, seriously), they didn't need to leave the game, they should've either left the settlement that kept poking the hornet's nest, petitioned the leaders of said settlement to come to a diplomatic solution, or some other avenue.

More people have been driven away from this game by the LACK of good pvp rather than too much of it. I don't give a damn if you don't like that fact, but it's true. Because this game is NOT a themepark and the pve is NOT the focus, then you need player conflict to create entertainment and that conflict is in various forms of PVP.
You really don't get it do you as I said MANY times before I like the pvp I'm happy with the pvp I just don't want it to be all the game has to offer and if that is all the game has to offer why not just play cod I can't join a different settlement cause I won't join you and no one else does pvp ( maybe that's the problem )
But what I get out of what u just said is I don't care if I drive away more ppl and the game fails because of it !
MidknightDiamond
Beinion
MidknightDiamond
Beinion
Midnight

That may be true and I'm not saying anything about that I'm not going to get into why this has all happened (as most of you know I was not really around for most of it other then a fly on the wall in the forums) but PEOPLE ARE LEAVING THE GAME BECAUSE OF EOX ACTIONS (may or may not have something to do with other people) but you are the one holding the knife and directly responceabilitys for ppl leaving the game
So either your intention is to drive people from the game or you just like being griefers (I'm not just talking about pharos there is at least one other settlement that died and changed hands mostly because of EoX and another that lost a lot of players and almost walked away too if we lose more players they can't keep the doors open or the server up ….
When everyone is bitching we need more players we drive them away…. yea ok they may not stay in the long run depending on how the game turns out I may not stay depending on how the game turns out … I was enjoying the game until I was forced to pvp every night for my entire game time
I get that EoX NEEDS to pvp to keep there players but this is an unfinished game and if you force pvp on the same ppl night in and night out for a non pvp based settlement you will continue to lose players

Cause and effect - they were pvp'd every night because of politics. As has been said over and over and over and over and over (I could go on… a lot, seriously), they didn't need to leave the game, they should've either left the settlement that kept poking the hornet's nest, petitioned the leaders of said settlement to come to a diplomatic solution, or some other avenue.

More people have been driven away from this game by the LACK of good pvp rather than too much of it. I don't give a damn if you don't like that fact, but it's true. Because this game is NOT a themepark and the pve is NOT the focus, then you need player conflict to create entertainment and that conflict is in various forms of PVP.
You really don't get it do you as I said MANY times before I like the pvp I'm happy with the pvp I just don't want it to be all the game has to offer and if that is all the game has to offer why not just play cod I can't join a different settlement cause I won't join you and no one else does pvp ( maybe that's the problem )
But what I get out of what u just said is I don't care if I drive away more ppl and the game fails because of it !

For the love of sanity, punctuation, please. And I get it, you don't. That rambling nonsense is nothing but utter ridiculous. If you think there's nothing but pvp to do then you're simply limiting yourself. The lack of comprehension here is just astounding. You accuse EoX of driving people away with nonstop pvp and yet obviously they do other things to get the influence to feud. PVE, gather, craft, etc. They can only do feuds for an hour a day so the other 22 hours (since there's a daily 1 hour downtime) there's plenty of time to do other things.

The game is what you make it, what you choose to do, or not do, and if you want something badly enough then you go get it.

Astounding, just… wow. But you know what, you've made up your mind, so live and be happily miserable in your own little delusional reality there.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Beinion
MidknightDiamond
Beinion
MidknightDiamond
Beinion
Midnight

For the love of sanity, punctuation, please. And I get it, you don't. That rambling nonsense is nothing but utter ridiculous. If you think there's nothing but pvp to do then you're simply limiting yourself. The lack of comprehension here is just astounding. You accuse EoX of driving people away with nonstop pvp and yet obviously they do other things to get the influence to feud. PVE, gather, craft, etc. They can only do feuds for an hour a day so the other 22 hours (since there's a daily 1 hour downtime) there's plenty of time to do other things.

The game is what you make it, what you choose to do, or not do, and if you want something badly enough then you go get it.

Astounding, just… wow. But you know what, you've made up your mind, so live and be happily miserable in your own little delusional reality there.
I don't know about you but I have a job and a family and a video game is not 24 hours sry 23 hours a day for me I can muster 2-3 hours a day as probably most of PFO's players
So when I have to defend every night it is all I can do I don't have any other choice !
MidknightDiamond
Beinion
I don't know about you but I have a job and a family and a video game is not 24 hours sry 23 hours a day for me I can muster 2-3 hours a day as probably most of PFO's players
So when I have to defend every night it is all I can do I don't have any other choice !

You have plenty of choice - it's called doing something else for the night while you can. Again, this is where diplomacy and common sense come in.

If you ABSOLUTELY feel you must defend your settlement's holdings every single night, then perhaps you should be asking yourself why you're so loyal to that settlement and what did that settlement do to provoke such a violent state.

If your answer is "nothing" then I know what your problem is and this conversation is done with.

Actually, it's done with anyway - I really shouldn't be spending what little time off I have beating my head against a brick wall.
Aurora Silverstar, Pathfinder University Quartermaster & Explorer
Kiernan Silverstar, Aurora's lazy & good-for-nothing younger brother who just likes to blow things up.

PM MidknightDiamond on Paizo Forum
Decius
MidknightDiamond
Beinion
MidknightDiamond
Beinion
Midnight

Bob
Please remember to watch your language and avoid overly personal attacks on the forums and in chat. We love the passion and enthusiasm, but let's keep the conversation civil.
Edam
MidknightDiamond

Pushing, balancing for and designing around virtually non existent PvP before there was anything to fight over, not even killmails, is probably in retrospect the biggest mistake made. Everything is easy in retrospect though.

Regardless, people have left recently, partly because of massive feat changes that have meant their characters needed months worth of XP to rebuild to be viable again (archers especially) and partly because the idea that even if not personally in Phaeros they COULD be PvPed 23/7/365 if someone took a dislike to them or just wanted to get attention for a fairly measly 10 IP a day (I went out one night and experimented and made 3 IP by myself in a few hours on a day 1 character).

The non stop feud on Phaeros, regardless of the reasons for it, gave the impression (rightly or wrongly) to a lot of non-Phaeros people that regardless of the current players (EoX are fairly honorable and decent generally) the game was being built optimised for a future player base that had nothing better to do than log in everynight for several hours and play PFO and look for fights, your classic uni student or unemployed crowd gamer crowd really.
Brighthaven Leader
I do want to mention that most groups on the server got a massive increase to their influence totals, because of the bootstrapping process gone wrong. Where if you were suppose to get influence for a messed up feud, or holding/outpost, and you left your company and joined another, the new and old company (or any company you joined in between) got a complete restrapping.

So, there are literally thousands of influence that was generated, that shouldn't have been.
Brighthaven is a Neutral Good settlement focused on defending its citizens and its allies from negative fringe based PvP (Player Killing and Griefing) while striving to become a large and shining beacon for Good. Whether you wish to benefit from this protection or you love PvP and wish to assist in providing this protection, Brighthaven aims to be the home and support center for you!
Caldeathe Baequiannia
How about if we each focus on our own behaviour, and quit using quotes like weapons?

The game is in a rough state, and Lisa is trying to keep it alive for her and us. She has made an appeal to us to consider the affects of our actions on these forums as they affect potential white-knights. Phaeros is losing players because of too much PvP, EoX will lose players if they don't get enough PvP. Neither of those things will help the game. I don't have any solutions to that, but I don't think that getting angrier and angrier at each other is it.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
Daeglin
I think we should quote Bob whenever we don't agree with what someone is saying.
Good… Bad… I'm the guy with the bow.
Midnight
Edam
MidknightDiamond

Pushing, balancing for and designing around virtually non existent PvP before there was anything to fight over, not even killmails, is probably in retrospect the biggest mistake made. Everything is easy in retrospect though.

Regardless, people have left recently, partly because of massive feat changes that have meant their characters needed months worth of XP to rebuild to be viable again (archers especially) and partly because the idea that even if not personally in Phaeros they COULD be PvPed 23/7/365 if someone took a dislike to them or just wanted to get attention for a fairly measly 10 IP a day (I went out one night and experimented and made 3 IP by myself in a few hours on a day 1 character).

The non stop feud on Phaeros, regardless of the reasons for it, gave the impression (rightly or wrongly) to a lot of non-Phaeros people that regardless of the current players (EoX are fairly honorable and decent generally) the game was being built optimised for a future player base that had nothing better to do than log in everynight for several hours and play PFO and look for fights, your classic uni student or unemployed crowd gamer crowd really.

You do understand that people haven't had to have holdings, and won't have to for weeks or months, right? They can BUY bulk goods from the people willing to defend or from people talented at diplomacy (and really it doesn't take much talent to avoid a forever war).

Without holdings, there is nothing keeping players from shedding company to escape feuds.

But the biggest thing protecting people from constant PvP is the fact that 98% of the players simply don't constantly antagonize people. The vast majority of the players are reasonable people who understand that meaningful choices are meaningful. If they forget, they get a PvP reminder and quickly mend their ways.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post