Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Whither Forever War?

Midnight
For the millionth time, no one is trying to get people to quit PFO.

I get the impression that the people who quit PFO stubbornly refused to adapt when faced with an adapt or die paradigm. They wouldn't end their alliance (until yesterday) with the most bellicose settlement on the map. Or they belonged to the most bellicose settlement on the map and felt they and their leadership ought to be able to antagonize people and not suffer consequences.

The reason I congratulated my (former?) opponents in their alliance dissolution thread is because it was the first real sign of someone making the ADAPT choice in an adapt or die paradigm.

And I'll reiterate that most PFO players haven't even faced an adapt or die paradigm, because they and their allies behave reasonably.
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Edam
Midnight
The reason I congratulated my (former?) opponents in their alliance dissolution thread is because it was the first real sign of someone making the ADAPT choice in an adapt or die paradigm.

The dissolution of EBA had little to do with EoX and a lot to do with internal issues.
Decius
EoX has never had internal tension between its leader, so I can understand why they might not understand how difficult it is to get anything done when everything must go through a debate and every compromise suggestion must go through a council vote within each member state.
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The HRC prefers to operate as a sort of autonomous collective, with members taking it in turns to poke fun at anyone who looks like they might actually be a leader.
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
tribuzio
Doc
I think when your opponent refuses to engage or stops login in the war is over what do you see happening pharos puts up new holding takes you a week to get all your guys login back in on a regular basis pharos tears down holding again Im pretty sure they are refusing to play the game

FTFY
Your way to play isn't the only way to play.

Daeglin
If I may;

Fixed That For You - he changed "your game" in your post to "the game", thereby subtly reminding you that this is a pvp sandbox mmo, with holding and settlement warfare as the primary feature.

You know, Doc, beside the inherent discourtesy of changing other people posts, you assume that in a sandbox game there is one way to play, while there are several.
Doc
You know, Doc, beside the inherent discourtesy of chaining other people posts, you assume that in a sandbox gamme there is one way to play, while there are several.

I'm sure Goblin Works was thrilled that the majority of their playerbase chose to outright ignore or stop participating in the features they spent the last 5 months developing.
Midnight
Caldeathe Baequiannia
The HRC prefers to operate as a sort of autonomous collective, with members taking it in turns to poke fun at anyone who looks like they might actually be a leader.

+1
He who wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
-Edmund Burke
Caldeathe Baequiannia
Midnight
For the millionth time, no one is trying to get people to quit PFO.
I bet it's not even the ten-thousandth time smile

Jesus - in JCS
After all I've tried for three years
Seems like thirty, seems like thirty
To reach me, email d20rpg@gmail.com
tribuzio
Bringslite
You know what guys? Even before today's Fireside Chat, there has been a lot of political movement/adjustment around the server. Is there even any reason to drone on further? The Dev team is much smaller now so there will not be many fast fixes to the problems with the PVP/Feud mechanics.

No, you can't fight off a determined aggressor by defeating him many times so that you "win". That kinda sucks, but….

Guess what? You can't lose your settlement either. You can't lose. No one can really win or lose in terms of the "Big Picture". I feel like that is actually a good place to be until all of the systems are in and working right. I just hadn't thought of it that way until now.

You see, that has a generated the current tactic. Phaeros and friends couldn't win even when winning the fights as the enemy was having fun regardless of the single battle result, we were actually losing even where we weren't losing outposts as we hadn't fun in those battles.

Now we don't fight and do what is fun for us. Result Golgotha is not winning even when they destroy the outposts, simply because they have way less fun than before.

Doc opinion notwithstanding our goal in game isn't to provide fun to others at our expenses, so we have no intention of playing the game the way he want us to play, and our way to play is as legitimate as his.
Midnight
Decius
EoX has never had internal tension between its leader, so I can understand why they might not understand how difficult it is to get anything done when everything must go through a debate and every compromise suggestion must go through a council vote within each member state.

This isn't our first sandbox; many of us had already evolved past the council tendencies leftover from the 20th century.

-Edmund Burke

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post