Cookies Disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to authenticate logins, deliver better content and provide statistical analysis. You can adjust your browser settings to prevent our site from using cookies, but doing so will prevent some aspects of the site from functioning properly.

Dev Blog: Lisa's Community Address

Bob
We've posted a blog to fill you in on the current state of Pathfinder Online.
Giorgio
smile
First Elder Durin Steelforge; Leader of Forgeholm; Founder of Steelforge Engineering Company

PM Giorgo on Paizo Forums
PM Admin George on Commonwealth of the Free Highlands
Nightdrifter
My condolences to those let go. Just wanna personally thank the devs for answering so many questions over the years!
AlexanderDamocles
I still support PFO. Lisa, this is not a failure on your part. I could hear the pain in your voice, and I want to tell you this: We support you. You have not failed us. I understand the hurt you feel on behalf of Goblinworks, but this is not your fault and does not reflect poorly on you. Hang in there!
Tyncale
I would like to know what exactly caused the driving force behind this project to abandon the game, but I guess when words like "for personal reasons" are used, one is not allowed to pry any further.

Pity, guys. smile I am sure you are more bummed out then I, then again, I saw this coming weeks ago.

Communication dries up —> extremely bad sign in indy-development land.
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tyncale
I would like to know what exactly caused the driving force behind this project to abandon the game, but I guess when words like "for personal reasons" are used, one is not allowed to pry any further.

Pity, guys. smile I am sure you are more bummed out then I, then again, I saw this coming weeks ago.

Of course Lisa was going to be diplomatic about it, but it is obvious.. Ryan got sh_t canned!! Which is something I suggested years ago, well before even Alpha, but certainly during his BS word games over MVP, This is an alpha, never been a beta, it is EE, it is not launched, reviewable, not reveiwable…

He left over two weeks ago, and not one post in this community to say "Thank you for the support", but he had time to sit on a Kick Starter panel at Pax Prime.

Yeah, Lisa should have gone with her initial gut feeling (as per her chat comment) on this guy. Some one with such a tainted reputation in the gaming community, should not be let within 100 miles of a PC game project.

Good F'ng Riddance….

I'm remaining and might even throw some more money at this, especially for certain store items if they added a few I suggested. I would not buy an account that is back dated, not even a cheap one, because that does not infuse new money into the game. But I would definitely purchase character name change and Goblin Balls to train a third character.
Aragon (CN) a settlement founded on the principles of the River Freedoms: Say What You Will; Oath Breakers Die; Walk Any Road, Float Any River; Courts are for Kings; Slavery is an Abomination; Have What You Hold.

Settlement Focus: Fighter and Rogue Training
Game Play: Escalations / Refining / Crafting / Defensive PVP
Decius
On what the SEC might consider a related note Lisa, how well are you networking with Feargus Urquhart of Obsidian Entertainment and Fig?
Tyncale
Tyv Blodvaerd of Aragon
Tyncale

Of course Lisa was going to be diplomatic about it, but it is obvious.. Ryan got sh_t canned!! Which is something I suggested years ago, well before even Alpha, but certainly during his BS word games over MVP, This is an alpha, never been a beta, it is EE, it is not launched, reviewable, not reveiwable…

He left over two weeks ago, and not one post in this community to say "Thank you for the support", but he had time to sit on a Kick Starter panel at Pax Prime.

Yeah, Lisa should have gone with her initial gut feeling (as per her chat comment) on this guy. Some one with such a tainted reputation in the gaming community, should not be let within 100 miles of a PC game project.

Good F'ng Riddance….

I'm remaining and might even throw some more money at this, especially for certain store items if they added a few I suggested. I would not buy an account that is back dated, not even a cheap one, because that does not infuse new money into the game. But I would definitely purchase character name change and Goblin Balls to train a third character.

Yeah. Right after the second Kickstarter, I made a thread about PFO on the Rerolled forums, which is made up of the community of the old FoH (Fires of Heaven forums). A very jaded and pretty rude bunch but at least they have seen a lot of MMO's. Well, I was not prepared for the amount of vitriol and hate they displayed for Ryan. I did not feel the need to defend him or pfo since I did knot know Ryan at all but I sure stopped updating that thread. Especially when it became clear that development was very slow.

I still think Ryan painted a great picture of what pfo could become though.

And Blud, you are right that accounts changing hands does not bring extra money: however, my accounts come with no less then 15 Adventurer Rewards that I was sitting on for better days, and those rewards could become new subscibers: DT accounts are still popular. Untill any new owner/publisher axes the whole concept, off course. smile
Regalo Harnoncourt, Leader of the River Kingdoms Trading Company, High Council of Callambea.
This is the character that I am playing almost 100% of the time. (Tyncale is my Sage/Mage)
vyal
Thanks for the update, it's nice to hear a break in the silence.

It's my personal hope that these changes will offer the opportunity to make the game successful, and then popular, if those two are now design goals. Such changes will, necessarily, be pretty jarring, but I'm optimistic.

This post has some good suggestions that would, imo, increase subscriptions dramatically, and possibly even move profit/income into the black. Worth considering, I hope.

If a cash infusion is needed, it may also be worth considering allowing players to purchase XP back to Jan 1, 2015. That is, if a new player started today, they could pay 8 x $15 to 'catch up'. Or not, your call. smile
Decius
While activating the accounts wouldn't bring in cash flow, it would remove a liability from the ledger, which shows up in the balance sheet the same as an income.

Just saying…

You must be logged into an enrolled account to post